Fau To Motor City Bowl!

UNTflyer

Every Athletic Director in the Sun Belt better be aware that paybacks are in order to both the Independence Bowl and La Tech for letting Tech insist that a 6-6 Northern Illinois team be invited and that Louisiana Lafayette be excluded.

Whoever schedules a future game at Tech deserves to be terminally f#*%ed with. Hopefully our staff would never be that inept.

i remember hearing something about tech not happy about the possibility of la la playing against them in the bowl game, is that true? if so, what type of pull did la tech have to get la la ousted in favor of northern illinois?

and what about ULL -- they have the best home attendance in the SBC to begin with, and the I-Bowl is in stinkin' Shreveport... something's rotten in Denmark.

or in ruston....as the rumor is that la tech wouldn't play a sunbelt team...

or in ruston....as the rumor is that la tech wouldn't play a sunbelt team...

Louisiana has nobody to blame but themselves - 7 wins and this wouldn't have been a decision or choice for the I-Bowl, they would have been forced to take them. The Belt is very lucky to have gotten two bowls this year, especially when we only sponsor/pay for the invite to one. Loser Tech was probably scared sh!tless to play UL-Lafayette in the bowl game. They recruit directly against each other and fight for the same LA recruits every year. No way that they take the chance of getitng beat by any Belt team. I get the feeling that Waters could have pushed the issue but it would have destroyed the relationship for the future... bottom line, if the Belt had more 7 win teams, we would have gotten more bowl games - just by default.

Louisiana has nobody to blame but themselves - 7 wins and this wouldn't have been a decision or choice for the I-Bowl, they would have been forced to take them. The Belt is very lucky to have gotten two bowls this year, especially when we only sponsor/pay for the invite to one. Loser Tech was probably scared sh!tless to play UL-Lafayette in the bowl game. They recruit directly against each other and fight for the same LA recruits every year. No way that they take the chance of getitng beat by any Belt team. I get the feeling that Waters could have pushed the issue but it would have destroyed the relationship for the future... bottom line, if the Belt had more 7 win teams, we would have gotten more bowl games - just by default.

was really pullin for the cajuns to get in a bowl game this year-i feel like they really deserved it..what a game La tech and ULL woulda been...dorsemeaux and fenroy are an exciting pair to watch...tough break for the cajuns this bowl season

but will they travel???? they are pretty far away compared to asu

FAU travel? What a joke; they brought like 500 to the New Orleans Bowl. I bet they take 300 to Detroit, including staff and the band.

ULL vs. La tech in Shreveport would have had much better attendance than Northern Illinois will generate. What pompus fools.

Sucks to be #2 ULL :angry: , or even #3 ASU :( for that matter... but it's all roses for #4 FAU. <_<

Jeez... so much for setting up the possibilities for a total of 3 bowl tie-ins as announced earlier this year (New Orleans, Papajohns.com, and Independence). I guess it was just a "feel good" announcement for the Sun Belt at the time, especially when those that deserve to represent the conference (be them because of better records of tie-breakers) are skipped over in favor of last years Sun Belt champ.

I was really getting excited about the possibilities of LaTech playing ULL. But this is just one more reason for the Sun Belt to dislike LaTech. Especially the Belt teams in LA (ULM and ULL).

One can only hope FAU travels well to their Motor City Bowl in Detroit, and kicks the snot out of Central Michigan. :ph34r:

Not so worried about Troy, against Southern Mississippi. I think they'll handle themselves in this match-up and will represent the Sun Belt well.

Go TROY ! ! !

Sucks to be #2 ULL :angry: , or even #3 ASU :( for that matter... but it's all roses for #4 FAU. <_<

Jeez... so much for setting up the possibilities for a total of 3 bowl tie-ins as announced earlier this year (New Orleans, Papajohns.com, and Independence). I guess it was just a "feel good" announcement for the Sun Belt at the time, especially when those that deserve to represent the conference (be them because of better records of tie-breakers) are skipped over in favor of last years Sun Belt champ.

Yes, the situation sucks. But if UL or ASU had just one more game each, they both would be in bowl games. The SBC set up a system where if they just won 7 games, they would be in bowls. It is up to the teams to win the games. As for Florida Atlantic getting the nod over them, that was an at-large berth and the few times a bowl actually has an at-large berth they can fill it as they wish.

I hope NT doesn't schedule La Tech for anything at all in the foreseeable future. No football, basketball, track, golf, nothing.

ASU/ULL/FAU have noone to blame but themselves, they all had great chances to get 7 wins and preference and they all scrwewed the pooch. FAU was chosen of ASU/ULL due to name recognition and I do not have a problem with the selection. FAU is the sexier of the 3 teams.

No different than 2-loss OSU getting BCS nod over undefeated Boise, because OSU is much sexier for the BCS fools.

I don't get all the LA Tech bashing. It is all about self interest and they are doing what they feel is the best position for them. That Derrick Dooley has a little something and has turned that football program around. I look forward to where the program will be in the next 3-5 years if he is still there.

Because La Tech bashes the Sun Belt any chance they get. If the rumors are true, the Independence Bowl committee should turn in their nads for not stading up to La Tech. U-Lala vs. La Tech was the best match up they could have created.

What the hell has happened to the I-Bowl?! Thought that used to be a Big 12 vs. SEC game.....LaTech vs. Northern Illinois??? That's awful.

Oh...and I'll go on record and say that FAU is going to get spanked up in Detroit....and will bring 300 or less. Pathetic fan support over there. BTW, I hate FAU. ;)

Edited by TIgreen01

Because La Tech bashes the Sun Belt any chance they get. If the rumors are true, the Independence Bowl committee should turn in their nads for not stading up to La Tech. U-Lala vs. La Tech was the best match up they could have created.

So what let LA Tech bash the Sunbelt however much they want. Its the Sunbelt, no one cares. It is a horrible conference to be in. And last time I checked they were in a bowl game and winning games.

The Cajuns have already taken steps to discontinue all athletic competition with Tech. Any scheduled game that doesnt have a signed conract has officially been cancelled. Tech will come to Lafayette for baseball, but we will not return the game. UL will honor the contract to play in softball in 2009.

I-bowl basically signed its death warrant yesterday. Louisiana floats a 400K loan to keep that game afloat. The guy in charge of doling out that money is a UL graduate. He wont be as eager to bail the I-bowl out in 2009.

All the best,

K