Since The Football Team Stinks...

I'm pretty sure I make this post every year, or seem to at least, so I didn't want to stop the trend.

Is everyone is who is crying and moaning about how bad the football team is ready to get out and support the basketball teams? Two straight 20 win seasons and only 2 seasons removed from a NCAA tournament appearance, so the men's team is representing the university well. Show that you are a true North Texas ATHLETICS supporter and take some of that energy you are using to bitch and cry about football and get behind some other sports teams, especially those that are winning. The womens team has a brand new coach after Slinker's reign of mediocrity was finally ended so lets support Coach Stevens and the womens team, too.

Edited by e-bone ver2.awesome

Anyone remember Rosalyn Reades (sp)? I wonder what she is up to.

I loved those late-90s/early-2000s Slinker teams.

So did I. Hell, they were the only winning program we had other than soccer for basically my entire time in college.

Wasn't Roz a Rhodes Scholar? I'm sure she's doing well for herself.

Mean Green beat a tough home team in Indiana State today... 80-69. We move to 3-1 on the season. It is time to support this team! Take your mind off of our crappy football team by coming out this Wednesday night to see the Mean Green pile drive Jackson State at the Super Pit.

When you aren't certain if your football team is going to hold it's opponent to less points than your basketball team will, it is time to stop worrying about football and start supporting basketball.

Are you really a "die hard" Mean Green fan? If not, then move along and stick to whining and crying about football. If you are, prove it.

When you aren't certain if your football team is going to hold it's opponent to less points than your basketball team will, it is time to stop worrying about football and start supporting basketball.

Are you really a "die hard" Mean Green fan? If not, then move along and stick to whining and crying about football. If you are, prove it.

Through four games:

Football Team - 54.75 ppg allowed

Basketball Team - 73.5 ppg allowed

In fairness to the basketball team...nobody has quit playing on them with 12 minutes left on the clock