Don't Mean To Spoil A Good Day...

Green Crazy

Every week I've gone to the games at Fouts, with all of the fans and stood there dumbfounded by the enormous support for this team. Today it has been proven in the biggest way possible that this school wants to see good football. I can't help but wonder sometimes how with all of that support we are able to get downright man handled in every single game.

Every week I've gone to the games at Fouts, with all of the fans and stood there dumbfounded by the enormous support for this team. Today it has been proven in the biggest way possible that this school wants to see good football. I can't help but wonder sometimes how with all of that support we are able to get downright man handled in every single game.

I'm voting for the tailgate scene that keeps the support going. I was absolutely dumbfounded to hear that the past AD didn't allow it. I will reiterate that my alma mater has a baseball team that damn near won the whole thing a couple years ago, but it doesn't matter. Baseball isn't an all day affair with tailgating, bands, RVs, BBQs and cheerleaders. Football is the only sport that is an event. You make the pre and post game festivities good enough, and enough people will show up and support the team. You add a shiny new stadium and a winning team, and you're gonna see all 30,000 of those seats filled in no team. I've got nothing to go back to at Irvine. The students at UNT (including me thank you veddy much) have just assured that I'll have something to come back to in Denton for many many years to come.

Final 35-23. Zero Monroe points in the second half. Just think if the offense weren't so endzonaphobic in the first half. Almost pulled one off.

psst. I'd still like to see a snap under center just once under this staff even though I know it's never ever going to happen.

Hey, maybe the aversion to the snap under center is sort of an endzoneahomophobic thing; fear of going into the end zone if you may end up touching another guy's butt on the way there. Last year, Southlake Carroll had their backup quarterback (playing after Riley went down with the injured shoulder) take a snap under center and he muffed the exchange, leading to the game being lost. The lack of ANY snaps being taken under center prior to that was brought up by some as a possible cause.

My proposal: in short yardage situations, line up in the old single wing; that's what the Miami Dolphins started using as a changeup, and it's worked ok for them. I think Tulsa still uses it; Gus Mahlzan, their OC, began using it (the Wildhog) at Arkansas last year as a way to get McFadden and Felix Jones into the running game. It utilizes a deep snap, which can go to either the QB or running back, doesn't start a running play from as deep as the spread, and does give the back a running start. Some theories have the single wing as the precursor to the spread.

Final 35-23. Zero Monroe points in the second half. Just think if the offense weren't so endzonaphobic in the first half. Almost pulled one off.

psst. I'd still like to see a snap under center just once under this staff even though I know it's never ever going to happen.

It does continue to amaze me that we REFUSE to put a QB under center for a 4th down and SHORT.