Tcu 14 Byu 0

NT03

Horned Frogs up 14 - 0 over the #9 ranked Cougars at Amon Carter. I'm following the game on gamecast , anyone know if it's on TV ???

If this keeps up looks likes Utah,Boise State & Tulsa will have to play the BCS buster roles

Edited by NT03

I just got a call from Amon Carter from an NT alumn who was smart enough to have kids sooner than later I might add and I could hardly hear him at all on the phone. He said what came to mind as soon as kickoff started was that he greatly wished the students at North Texas who are currently deciding our program's fate could see the potential that they are currently voting on. He said the game and atmosphere is simply outstanding. He's with some season ticket holders who have the private parking/tailgating spaced on the northwest side of the stadium that allows their alumni to personalize them with permanant fixtures. He said he wishes North Texas would sell something like that in the future. Said he would call back with an update.

I don't have verses and am having to listen to it online, so I assume that like myself, much of the metroplex is missing one of the best local games of the week. TCU is up 17-0 on a very well coached and ranked BYU team.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

TCU up over 8th ranked BYU 23-0 in the 2nd quarter.

Rick

Thank god - the top 10 is about to cannabalize itself over the next 6 weeks and I'd hate to see BYU get rolled in the title game....after I sit through our season I at least want to see the best matchups...

I'm watching it off and on...Ch. 90 if you have Verizon FIOS. A good crowd at Amon Carter but some empty spots in the far upper corners. Not that crazy about TCU's black jerseys with dark purple pants. That "truck horn" sound after scores gets old real fast.

Not a truck horn, a freight train horn and several of them all in one tight package, bought and paid for by TCU mega donor Burlington Northern Railroad.

Rick

I'm watching it off and on...Ch. 90 if you have Verizon FIOS. A good crowd at Amon Carter but some empty spots in the far upper corners. Not that crazy about TCU's black jerseys with dark purple pants. That "truck horn" sound after scores gets old real fast.

Why go trick up their uniforms when they had a perfectly good uniform to start with? I just saw them on TV, wow they look bad. Purple pants and Black tops - but true to form these days with Black consuming half of your uniform even though it is not a part of your school colors. Whatever.

That "truck horn" is worse in person.

Went to the game last night, it was a blast. TCU has been tricking up their unis with black for several years. I like their frog horn, its their bit and its a good bit. Lots of BYU fans, but it will take a Big 12 or SEC team to fill that place...which btw they have Tech, OU and LSU coming to the fort in the future.

Hell of an atmosphere, that Frog D is as fast as any D I have ever seen. Will be interesting to see what happens if TCU runs the table. Looks like Boise is this years BCS team, but Frogs could get up to 12 and make a case. Regardless the MWC would kill the Big East and I think the BCS knows it.

GMG

I was at the game last night as well. We have season tix on the home side on the south goal line. Man, what a game. Loud, roudy, and a blast. For those of you who don't know, the Mountain West Conference has three ranked teams right now, BYU, Utah, and TCU. TCU took a big step last night, but Utah still has the upper hand. They are still undefeated and they get TCU in Utah in 2 weeks on a Thursday night. If they can take care of TCU up there, they very well might bust the BCS.

Regardless the MWC would kill the Big East and I think the BCS knows it.

How about the ACC? The Big East actually has won a few BCS Bowl games in recent years. Just ask Oklahoma about it.

The ACC is something like 1-9 in the Major Bowls.

Edited by CMJ

I ran into perhaps the drunkest TCU undergrad in on campus last night after the game, You know the type, long sleeve white oxford, black northface fleece vest, jeans, boots, 80's cool shag hair and sunglasses on Caroke's...he slurred something like "I hate f'ing Mormons" to which I replied "Really, I've always found them to be quite enjoyable". He didnt process what I was saying and disappeared between the cars to take a leak mumbling f bombs along the way.

The Mormons seem to drum up quite a bit of venom from the young Disciples, even more so than the Catholics, Baptists or Methodists.