Osu Vs. Troy

greengrrl

Playing at Ohio State after a devastating embarrassment at USC? I'm pretty sure OSU's gonna' come out hungry and angry. They do NOT want to lose at home to an SBC team. Heads would roll so far the UNT soccer team might be able to pick up a few for practice. I don't see an upset. I would surely love to though. I've got some reaaallly obnoxious OSU alumni in the neighborhood.

Edited by oldguystudent

I know this is an NT board and I am an NT fan, but since they are in our conference, I feel it is relevant to ask this question: does anyone here put Ohio State on upset alert? Just curious...

I promise everyone, this is my last post before bed. :P Got tailgating to do in the morning.

Just bought a Pryor jersey today, so they'd better not lose. I've already 'retired' the shirt I wore during the UF, LSU, and USC games. Bad mojo. Anyways, no upset alert here, the boys will be out for blood this week.

Troy has held OSU since their first TD. OSU has only 11 yards offense since their first drive, and the teams' total yards are almost even. Troy drove inside the Ohio State ten but had to settle for a field goal. OSU 7, Troy 3, early second quarter.

First drive after the Troy FG: Ohio State three and out, -6 yards. Troy has the ball back.

Troy QB Hampton is 9 for 11 for 50 yards.

Edited by Smitty

Ohio State drives into scoring position, but Troy sacks the OSU QB for a 17-yard loss. Ohio State heaves it into the endzone on the final play of the half - intercepted.

Halftime, OSU 14, Troy 10.

Total yards, Troy 170, OSU 164.

Time of possession: Troy 14:10, OSU 15:50.

This is a pretty good showing by Troy. Hopefully they can pull out the upset.

Is this on TV somewhere and I'm missing it?

It's Smittyvision.

Actually, I've got ESPN Gamecast window open on my computer with the OSU-Troy game play-by-play on it. I just thought folks might like a few updates. The game is on TV on Big Ten network, whatever that it is. I don't have it. I tried to find the game on internet radio, but OSU and Troy require paid registration to listen to their broadcasts online. Screw that.

Edited by Smitty

Final: Ohio State 28, Troy 10.

Troy outgained OSU 315-309, but that interception in the third and the bad field position from the punt exchange turned the momentum. Sounds like they put up a hell of a fight. Did the Sun Belt proud. But if I'm Troy, I'm thinking about missed opportunities and a missed chance for a major victory.

Good game. Troy came to play today and absolutely could have won if they had gotten off to a better start. After the half, the crowd got really into it and with Troy starting inside their own 5 twice, the 102,400-person crowd got to them and they had to punt. The noise forced a lot of mistakes and caused 2 time outs and a couple delay of game penalties. Props to Troy, they gave it what they could.