Td Riley!

SouthBendGreen

so exactly why did we just blow Riley's Red Shirt??

Um....because we suck and we can use all of the help we need! RD probably is the most talented and athletic player we have. Most of those other kids couldn't even DREAM of playing for Texas...

Dodge said on the post game interview that Riley had to play because we are depleted at WR. Guess they better get busy recruiting more WRs and quit focusing so much attention everywhere else. <_<

How are we depleted at WR.. did we not have 10 recruited in the last 2 years.. and that is not including Riley... I for him playing if he is the best we have.. but just have to wonder.

I was VERY glad to see Riley get playing time. Even at receiver, he is one of the most talented guys on the field.

Notice how the offense seemed to "click" a little better with Riley on the field?

I'm glad that the offense did finally show signs of life in this game.

Tulsa has one of the best offenses in the nation, so the big points against us don't bother me too much - except that I hated to see some really poor tackling at times.

Give TD some time - he's playing a ton of youngsters right now - that will pay off later this year in Sun Belt play (and into the following years).

Dodge said on the post game interview that Riley had to play because we are depleted at WR. Guess they better get busy recruiting more WRs and quit focusing so much attention everywhere else. <_<

Seriously? That was the reason? WOW, that is amazing when you consider there is like 19 players on this team listed as WR.

He is pretty good out there, but depleted?

Maybe depleted at guys who know the system inside and out. And he probably knows the plays and routes better than anybody on the roster. He brought a lot of excitement tonight.

Yeah, gee, without him it might have been 56-19. 56-26 is so much better. It was absolutely worth burning his red shirt for that. It was absolutely worth burning a year of eligibility of your quarterback of the future for this.

I was VERY glad to see Riley get playing time. Even at receiver, he is one of the most talented guys on the field.

Notice how the offense seemed to "click" a little better with Riley on the field?

Tulsa has one of the best offenses in the nation, so the big points against us don't bother me too much - except that I hated to see some really poor tackling at times.

Give TD some time - he's playing a ton of youngsters right now - that will pay off later this year in Sun Belt play (and into the following years).

Maybe. But if it does, it will be with one fewer year at quarterback from Riley Dodge.

Agreed. A couple of crap years of Dodgeball won't make the OU's and the UT's say, "Hey, look at the bargain we can get with Dodge!"...they'd say, "He sure was a good high school coach, but definitely effed up the whole college thing."

He's not going anywhere if he can't win (unless he gets fired in 3 years or so).

Let's hope we see the production from his first senior class that everyone was so impressed with at SLC (just at the NCAA level, of course). I'm hoping to see it sooner, but for me, that is the deadline. MAYBE one year after that.

...I think I'm probably a lot more patient than most on here (though I too would like to see some wins NOW).

Agreed. Besides the poor tackling and the muffed KR (well, the whole 2nd qtr), we had a decent showing. I'm not giving up on this team nor am I

going to bitch and moan like others about this team. I am just going to watch and trust what Todd Dodge is doing. I have all the patience in the world!

Agreed. Besides the poor tackling and the muffed KR (well, the whole 2nd qtr), we had a decent showing. I'm not giving up on this team nor am I

going to bitch and moan like others about this team. I am just going to watch and trust what Todd Dodge is doing. I have all the patience in the world!

Decent showing? Someone save me on the day when we have a bad showing. If not for offense coming up with an extra couple of scores against the 2nd teamers, we lose by 40.