Smu Practices Are Open To The Public!

You two guys may not care about seeing practice..some of us do.

And none of us on here, are DEMANDING that practices be open.

What we're tired of...is this is the second year in a row, where it has been communicated to us that a practice or scrimmage was open. A lot of us planned our Friday night (or Saturday last year)....around watching said event.

Only to be told hours before hand....that we couldn't come.

TD can close all his practices. They can be open only to players' relatives, area high school coaches and former NT players. Hopefully those folks will also go to his radio show on Monday nights...since I won't be wasting my time going to those any more. I'll just go to the games, Coach.

Edited by SUMG

Under Phil Bennett, the SMU practices were closed. In fact, he had a big blue tarp put up around the practice field fence to block the view. One of the first things that Coach Jones did was take down the blue tarp and welcome the alums to come watch. Its nice when you just can't wait for football season to get here to at least be able to go watch practice.

First, I hate SM-Ewe! They are so arrogant and they pay their coach $2 MILLION A YEAR.

TRUST ME, SMU WILL BE LUCKY TO WIN 4 GAMES. THE MEAN GREEN WILL WIN 7 GAMES THIS YEAR!

SO ,BAN OUR FANS...WE'RE MULLETS OF HOPE!

LOL! Well all of you SMU haters should be able to stay off the suicide hotline for at least a year, like I posted last week, one of the preseason mags said SMU plays 7 or 8 teams that were in bowls last year. June Jones is a great coach, but, I would be surprised if they won more than 3 or 4 games this year. Focus on Todd Dodge, UNT, getting the stadium built, and stop this jealousy of SMU's money.

Our Athletic Department has plenty of people that read and pay attention to this board, so maybe the practices will be back open next week.

Did we not have this same very discussion last year? Did the Athletic Department not read the board then???

Point is, this was a hot topic last year and it appears not much was done about it.

Par for the course here at good 'ol NT!!! :P

Did we not have this same very discussion last year? Did the Athletic Department not read the board then???

Point is, this was a hot topic last year and it appears not much was done about it.

Par for the course here at good 'ol NT!!! :P

Good point. I guess I can understand a little, them closing practices last year, but after a 2-10 season and more and more folks asking for more fans, TD himself calling out for folks to buy tickets and come watch & inviting the fans out to practice, it seems a little picky to close them this year, especially if you let certain folks in and not others. As SUMG reminded me last night, most of those who are let into practice are not going to be here watching games and buying tickets 10 years from now. But, as you said in the end, it is pretty par for the course here at NT.

in the immortal words of A.I., "Practice!? We're talking practice here!", Come on guys its freaking practice, about 90% of college coaches close their practices to the public and it is probably for good reason.. Can we for once stop trying to find reasons to complain?

in the immortal words of A.I., "Practice!? We're talking practice here!", Come on guys its freaking practice, about 90% of college coaches close their practices to the public and it is probably for good reason.. Can we for once stop trying to find reasons to complain?

Let me say it one more time just so that everybody can comprehend. NOBODY has a problem with practice being closed. Nobody. If Todd Dodge wants to close all of his practices then that is hunky dory. What EVERYONE has a problem with is our head coach coming out publicly and saying "Come out and watch us practice" then having his treasure troll storm trooper kick everyone out once they use up their hard earned gas to get there. Clear enough?

LOL! Well all of you SMU haters should be able to stay off the suicide hotline for at least a year, like I posted last week, one of the preseason mags said SMU plays 7 or 8 teams that were in bowls last year. June Jones is a great coach, but, I would be surprised if they won more than 3 or 4 games this year. Focus on Todd Dodge, UNT, getting the stadium built, and stop this jealousy of SMU's money.

If you have not learned to be an "SMU hater" you will in time I can assure you of that if you continue to support UNT. Even at last week's cookout our A.D. said to the effect that any success we might have is the metroplex privates' worst nightmare. TCU won't consider playing us but is perfectly happy to schedule SFA, while SMU schedules Texas State @ San Marcos waiting 6 years to face us on the field when they figure June Jones will have all his personnel locked in and loaded. The next time we are blocked for either MWC or CUSA entrance by either of these "self titled FB giants" let's see how you feel. When you are looked down upon or talked down to in a business meeting and said to be from "NTSU" or that "little teachers, commuter community college up at far away Denton", let's see how you feel. Finally as D magazine once proudly proclaimed "If you want to be rich and powerful in Dallas----you should have gone to SMU". Guess to some extent it is true--they've got $20,000,000. to revamp a program with a two million dollar per year nationally known coach, and a facility that we can only envy. They just don't have the fortitude of our fans who have had to struggle so hard to achieve .

Edited by DallasGreen

If you have not learned to be an "SMU hater" you will in time I can assure you of that if you continue to support UNT. Even at last week's cookout our A.D. said to the effect that any success we might have is the metroplex privates' worst nightmare. TCU won't consider playing us but is perfectly happy to schedule SFA, while SMU schedules Texas State @ San Marcos waiting 6 years to face us on the field when they figure June Jones will have all his personnel locked in and loaded. The next time we are blocked for either MWC or CUSA entrance by either of these "self titled FB giants" let's see how you feel. When you are looked down upon or talked down to in a business meeting and said to be from "NTSU" or that "little teachers, commuter community college up at far away Denton", let's see how you feel. Finally as D magazine once proudly proclaimed "If you want to be rich and powerful in Dallas----you should have gone to SMU".

Guess to some extent it is true--they've got $20,000,000. to revamp a program with a two million dollar per year nationally known coach, and a facility that we can only envy. They just don't have the fortitude of our fans who have had to struggle so hard to achieve .

Every time I think about SMU (and many other rich schools) and us, I always think about that Billie Holiday (and arthur herzog jr.)* song, and it's most famous refrain......

Mama may have, papa may have

But God bless the child thats got his own

Thats got his own

;)

* with all due respect to the greatness of Billie Holiday, my favorite version of this song is by Blood Sweat and Tears, and David Clayton Thomas.

Let me say it one more time just so that everybody can comprehend. NOBODY has a problem with practice being closed. Nobody. If Todd Dodge wants to close all of his practices then that is hunky dory. What EVERYONE has a problem with is our head coach coming out publicly and saying "Come out and watch us practice" then having his treasure troll storm trooper kick everyone out once they use up their hard earned gas to get there. Clear enough?

Also keep in mind its not a big deal until we make it a big deal, it is just practice. Well this board has always loved whining, now we have practice whining or "whining practice". Good God seems like some of you guys could find better things to ruffle your feathers. Maybe you should be more concerned with the person unnamed but may have the initials MM, I believe she has caused real damage to the program in regards to fans.