Cook Out

As I recall...food is free, but if you wanted a beer (or wine, I think they had wine) you had to pay for that...food lines were really LONG...my wife and I are going to eat before we go and just enjoy a few beers at the event. I hope they have "fixed" the food line mess for ths year...See you there!

If I remember right, the past two years they only had a single food line. The Schedule of Events reads "7:00: Gates and Food Lines Open". I'm hoping this means there will be multiple lines. We'll see. At least it's free (minus the $2 online service charge I paid).

http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle...CRIBER_CONTENT=

We are also eating before the event due to long food lines in the past. RV mentioned the location has changed from the deck to I believe the side of the AC? for more shade. This would be a good change with expected temp to 105. Why can this not be held inside on the floor of the SuperPit?

Is this confirmed? It's inside and not on the deck?

Well just got back from the event and got to see Nate Jenkins and Gabe Hollivay.

These guys are HUGE and I am happy they are here in Denton.

I would say 400-500 peps in attendance.

sausage on a stick was the best food choice of the night (it was good!)

Rodge in attendance signing autographs.

Dr. Bataille stopped by for a pep talk (I love her)

RV announces a stadium is coming.

I enjoyed the event and deem it a success.

I was disappointed that nothing more was said about the stadium that wasn't said last year.

If stadium pictures, drawings, and videos are going to be released in a month, why not show them at your biggest booster club event of the year?

I think more was said then last year, and definitely with a different sort of attitude. This level of confidence is a new thing from the athletic department when it comes to the stadium.

I was disappointed that nothing more was said about the stadium that wasn't said last year.

If stadium pictures, drawings, and videos are going to be released in a month, why not show them at your biggest booster club event of the year?

Well don't let this leadership disappoint you too much. I could have told you they weren't going to say much about the stadium. In the last seven years what have you heard different about a stadium other than "It is coming?"

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I'd say about 1000 at the cookout. Much better setup and location this year with more space and air conditioned cafeteria available. About 15 new players there and about the same returning players there too. All the coaches introduced themselves and families. I heard October will be the month for "the vote" on the student fee. I hope it's presentation is more thought out than last time it was tried, this may be our last best shot.

I heard October will be the month for "the vote" on the student fee. I hope it's presentation is more thought out than last time it was tried, this may be our last best shot.

I am very confident that it will be. Save up for your 2010 MGC donation and season tickets. Big time football is coming to UNT.

RV and Hank D. estimated about 600 at the evnt. MUCH better location and organization than last yer. The event was GREAT, and if you attended and did not enjoy it...it was your fault! This was a nice evening, and enough was said about the stadium to let everyone know it is on the way. Lots of "side talk" about how to fund it, etc., etc. Really enjoyed it, AND they let you pick up your tickets and Mean Green Club items early if you wanted. Like I said, really nice event!

RV and Hank D. estimated about 600 at the evnt. MUCH better location and organization than last yer. The event was GREAT, and if you attended and did not enjoy it...it was your fault! This was a nice evening, and enough was said about the stadium to let everyone know it is on the way. Lots of "side talk" about how to fund it, etc., etc. Really enjoyed it, AND they let you pick up your tickets and Mean Green Club items early if you wanted. Like I said, really nice event!

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the event! The coaches were all accessible to talk to. The food was good and the line was fast. It was nice that they opened up the air conditioned cafeteria to sit down and eat. I have ordered my Kansas State tickets and am excited for the season to start!