Tulsa Thread - Sept. 6 Unt Game

javastan

I.T.S. Head Coach

Post #3193

Beaumont

September 6 - UNT Reply

I moved my daughter to a new apartment in Denton this weekend. UNT is already publicizing the September 6 game with TU. I will be there! We had a pretty large TU group at the last game there, and I don't see any reason why this year shouldn't be any different. One thing has changed however; the rat infested Radisson hotel across from the stadium is closed, so you'll have to find another place to stay if you're coming in from out of town.

http://tulsa.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=17...115&style=2

Alright...we're not giving up 48(as one of their posters projects) to Tulsa. KState and LSU---more than likely....but no more 45+ point games from non-AutoQ teams.

This game will be much more tightly contested than Tulsa fans have any idea to expect---well, unless they were paying attention the last time DeLoach roamed the sidelines....

Edited by TIgreen01

Some of these fans need to perform more research. They are still talking about our 2-back running offense and that it probably won't be able to hang with theirs.

But this guy knows the deal...

I would be shocked(and very pleased) if his team scored less than 24 on us....I would also be shocked if we scored less than 48 on them...
Edited by UNTflyer

I love Denton.

Ill research the bar scene. I know that Dans Silver Leaf has pretty good music not sure what it would be like before a football game. I think they get the emo/alt country crowd.

I cant wait for this game. Denton is a pretty cool, really laid back town.

Im pretty pumped to see Gus and the boys light em up on a Saturday night in Denton.

:blink: The idea of emo @ The Silverleaf is ridiculous, not to mention putting emo and alt country together.

Edited by greenminer

Alright...we're not giving up 48(as one of their posters projects) to Tulsa. KState and LSU---more than likely....but no more 45+ point games from non-AutoQ teams.

This game will be much more tightly contested than Tulsa fans have any idea to expect---well, unless they were paying attention the last time DeLoach roamed the sidelines....

I realize both teams are totally different than the last time we played them in Denton, but I am making no predictions this time around.

:blink: The idea of emo @ The Silverleaf is ridiculous, not to mention putting emo and alt country together.

I never argue with people about the good pub they put out no matter how off base. Denton is where dreams come true. Go Mean Green!

I do believe our Defense will be miles ahead of last year, but they have miles to go also. With this being at the first of the season, I do believe Tulsa will score some points on us. I think this game will be a shootout though, because Tulsa's defense isn't that good.

I believe our defense will surprise people this fall....starting with DeLoach, then adding a quality JC DE, JC CB, and 2 JC Safeties which translates into much more experience and speed in the DB.

I think our offense will be even better in TD's offense this second year , added 2 quality 330 lb JC OL together with second year for our freshmen OL meaning more experience, should result in fewer turnovers, interceptions, a JC 2nd All American team Kicker will make a big difference in being able to pick up scores from field goals vs 4th and long like last year.

I'd really like to play Tulsa on a regular basis. They are within reasonable driving distance and Tul;sa is an area we don't seem to hear from so much. I hope they will bring a good crowd.

And by the way, I have never heard the word 'rat" associated with the Radison Hotel in any way. I've hosted numbers of events there and have attended many more. While my need to stay there didn't come up very often, I've never heard that comment from anyone.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Beat Tulsa

I believe our defense will surprise people this fall....starting with DeLoach, then adding a quality JC DE, JC CB, and 2 JC Safeties which translates into much more experience and speed in the DB.

I think our offense will be even better in TD's offense this second year , added 2 quality 330 lb JC OL together with second year for our freshmen OL meaning more experience, should result in fewer turnovers, interceptions, a JC 2nd All American team Kicker will make a big difference in being able to pick up scores from field goals vs 4th and long like last year.

I agree with you but I seem to recall getting excited about a JC DB last year... :ph34r:

When you say "surprise people" what are you thinking? I do believe DeLoach will turn this defense around, just as much as I believe Dodge will eventually win 10 games, but this defense was horrible last year, and DeLoach doesn't have the quality of coaches he had then, now to work with. I also don't believe he has the talent on defense that he had the last time he was here. I guess although I do believe the defense will be a lot better this season, I am not going to be shocked, nor disappointed if we give up 30-40 points to Tulsa.

When you say "surprise people" what are you thinking? I do believe DeLoach will turn this defense around, just as much as I believe Dodge will eventually win 10 games, but this defense was horrible last year, and DeLoach doesn't have the quality of coaches he had then, now to work with. I also don't believe he has the talent on defense that he had the last time he was here. I guess although I do believe the defense will be a lot better this season, I am not going to be shocked, nor disappointed if we give up 30-40 points to Tulsa.

I worry about our defensive depth and chemestry of the o line

"I can't wait to see Gus and the boys perform" ha

Should somebody tell them that fry street burned down and that the performance they are anticipating is probably in the parking lot of some random Dollar General store...

He would be referring to their OC Gus Malzahn and the team.

Gus Malzahn

He brought that wild offense he tried to install at Arkansas to Tulsa.