Former Football Player Indicted For Robbery

MeanGreen61

WOW!! Sometimes you just have to scratch your head on things like this. Hmm...I think I'm going to give up my free ride to get a great education/degree, and chance to play D-1 football. Good choice. And then I'm going to be the get-a-way driver for my friends after they hold up a bunch of people at a local stand. Even better choice.

Terrible waste. I suspect the guy could of easily gotten a decent enough job in Brenham to have been able to pay his way next year to Huntsville, ...

Looks like he figured a way to get an all exspense paid stay in Huntsville after all..for about 10 to 20 years. Hope he can avoid the Andy Dufrasne treatment from the Sisters.

was he recruited by dickey or dodge? because dickey had a long history of recruiting outlaws and people with questionable pasts.

Just shows you need to recruit for "character" as well as athletic ability...SAD...very SAD. Yes, running with the wrong crowd can get you in trouble, but not having the character to say "NO WAY" gets you in even deeper trouble on so many levels. Man, what a waste!

Sad. Kind of shows you what running with the wrong crowd can do to you sometimes.

Not to bag on you but this is one of the misconceptions that bothers me the most. I don't care what crowd you run with, how poor you are, what your momma or your daddy does, you always have a choice. Kevin Ealey is a grown man and made the wrong choice...if in fact he turns out to be guilty.

Again, not trying to jump on you in particular foutsrouts, I just get so tired of the "environmental" defense...especially when I know so many who could have easily used it and didn't.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Sad. Kind of shows you what running with the wrong crowd can do to you sometimes. Must be a slow news day in Denton to be worthy of that much ink. Ealey didn't have a small part in our little Dodgegate BS situation last year did he? .

I don't think so. He apparently had dropped out of school weeks before Dodgegate. He played in about four games before he quit at the end of September. North Texas had removed his name from the roster some time ago. I'm not even sure that he's included in last year's stats.

It's a shame to see a life wasted. He could return to be a useful citizen but he's sure dug himself a deep hole.

Guest JohnDenver

Not to bag on you but this is one of the misconceptions that bothers me the most. I don't care what crowd you run with, how poor you are, what your momma or your daddy does, you always have a choice. Kevin Ealey is a grown man and made the wrong choice...if in fact he turns out to be guilty.

Yes, true.. but medical studies show the young men's brains don't stop growing until they are around 25 years old. This makes them more prone to emotional and rash decisions. So the environment *is* a big factor. But yes, they do have a choice.. but the brain isn't a black/white matter (Grey matter, if you will... whew).

Again, not trying to jump on you in particular foutsrouts, I just get so tired of the "environmental" defense...especially when I know so many who could have easily used it and didn't.

Very true. ESPECIALLY when you're talking something as serious as armed robbery. Sounds like somebody could of easily gotten killed in a restaurant takeover situation like that. Parked a hundred yards away or not, in the eyes of the law he's just as guilty of the crime as his two compadres. That is of course if he is guilty and knew what his buddies were up to. Based on his comment about his career being over, it kind of sounds like he did.

Just shows you need to recruit for "character" as well as athletic ability...SAD...very SAD. Yes, running with the wrong crowd can get you in trouble, but not having the character to say "NO WAY" gets you in even deeper trouble on so many levels. Man, what a waste!

Dodge recruited Ealey as part of last year's class and he came highly recommended by his HS coach.

Yes, true.. but medical studies show the young men's brains don't stop growing until they are around 25 years old. This makes them more prone to emotional and rash decisions. So the environment *is* a big factor. But yes, they do have a choice.. but the brain isn't a black/white matter (Grey matter, if you will... whew).

I've heard the same thing about male brain development. However, by the time most human beings get to be about 10 years old they know the basic difference between right and wrong. And that includes males.

I wonder if the insurance industry knew this information about brain development long before the general public knew it. Their rates for male drivers (assuming you have no wrecks or tickets) changes at 25. It's been that way for decades.

This could be worse. He could have been involved in a murder. A former NT lineman, who played for Corkey Nelson, was involved in a murder in Dallas. I think the player in question was from Kaufman.

I don't know if he was older or younger than 25 at the time.

Obviously going to college didn't help his judgment.

I've heard the same thing about male brain development. However, by the time most human beings get to be about 10 years old they know the basic difference between right and wrong. And that includes males.

I wonder if the insurance industry knew this information about brain development long before the general public knew it. Their rates for male drivers (assuming you have no wrecks or tickets) changes at 25. It's been that way for decades.

This could be worse. He could have been involved in a murder. A former NT lineman, who played for Corkey Nelson, was involved in a murder in Dallas. I think the player in question was from Kaufman.

I don't know if he was older or younger than 25 at the time.

Obviously going to college didn't help his judgment.

How long ago was this Old Timer and did this guy last the duration of his eligability?

What does foot speed have to do with driving?

When the car crashes into a liquor store, he can run away from the cops and avoid ratting out accomplices during interrogation.

Stretch? :P

Kid played in 4 games, last one on Oct. 13. That being the case, he couldn't have dropped out in September. Guessing it happened, but just a little later.

Edited by flyeater

How long ago was this Old Timer and did this guy last the duration of his eligability?

The murder happened around ten years ago (possibly longer). The player in question had played out his eligibility at NT. The murder took place at some sporting goods store in the Garland area. There were two or three other people involved in the murder. In one of the stories about the murder, they contacted Corkey by phone and interviewed him. I think he was still coaching at Seguin H.S. when they called him for the interview.

It was James Langston. The murder happened in 1992. Here is a story about the other people involved.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Execution.Inmate....r.2.506699.html

Edited by SilverEagle