Is George Odufua As Good As Advertised?

Was Ike Hines?

Was Kendrick Davis?

Was Keith Wooden?

Were Collin Dennis and Dez Willingham?

George Odufua is another Top 20 Texas player out of high school. According to Rivals, he received offers from Colorado, Miami, Georgia, Gonzaga and Texas A&M.

One other thing about transfers. Each season there are many comments and complaints about what a poor job of recruiting NT is doing. Last year the complainers never mentioned George, because he would have to sit out a year. This year, George is not mentioned because he was recruited last year. This happens every year. The coaching staff never gets credit for bringing in a good transfer. A transfer (except Dez) is always considered a year away or part of last year's class.

Well, 6-9 and 6-6 as a front court will be eaten alive by taller teams.

Yes, and no. Smaller more athletic teams have competed with, and at times "eaten alive", larger teams who couldn't keep up with them up and down the court or stay with their man when he roamed further than 5 feet from the bucket.

Yes, and no. Smaller more athletic teams have competed with, and at times "eaten alive", larger teams who couldn't keep up with them up and down the court or stay with their man when he roamed further than 5 feet from the bucket.

Ya, and it seems like a trend in basketball for more guard oriented offenses right now.... Look at WKU, they really didn't have big power forwards/center... Jeremy Evans was tall under the basket but pencil thin.... I am not saying I wouldn't mind some weight under the basket, but its not the end of the world either if we don't have a 250lb center....

Edited by chrisfisher

Not alot of tall teams in the Sunbelt. Keith was 6'9 and Q was 6'8 - and they were 2 on the larger guys in the league.

UALR has a 6-9 258 guy.

FAUs Monroe (all-conf) is 6-9 245.

FIU has 7-0 250 and 6-9 235 (all conf), plus 6-11 skinny guy.

ULL signed a 6-9 260 type and a 6-10 thinner guy in Nov.

MTSU has a 6-10 250 as well as 6-8 guys.

WKU has a 6-9 260 and 3 other 6-8 or 6-9 guys.

Troy has a 7-footer.

The Belt has some bigs, including some that made all-conf last season, over our two guys.

UALR has a 6-9 258 guy.

FAUs Monroe (all-conf) is 6-9 245.

FIU has 7-0 250 and 6-9 235 (all conf), plus 6-11 skinny guy.

ULL signed a 6-9 260 type and a 6-10 thinner guy in Nov.

MTSU has a 6-10 250 as well as 6-8 guys.

WKU has a 6-9 260 and 3 other 6-8 or 6-9 guys.

Troy has a 7-footer.

The Belt has some bigs, including some that made all-conf last season, over our two guys.

And I only counted 3 of note that were taller than our guys. I think Wooden would've had a decent shot at all conference if he hadn't been fighting injuries all year.

And I only counted 3 of note that were taller than our guys. I think Wooden would've had a decent shot at all conference if he hadn't been fighting injuries all year.

I honestly think that Wooden was the most talented big man the Belt's ever seen. Had it not been for untimely injuries and questionable strategies for nurturing/dealing with said injuries, I think Keith could have had an entirely different career. You just don't see big men with that kind of a soft touch very often. I think its a real shame that the Mean Green Nation only got to see a couple times what a 100% Wooden was capable of.

Carlos Monroe and Michael Southall would probably throw their names out there as well....hell, so would Shawnson Johnson

The Sun Belt will be considerably bigger next season. ULL will add 4 guys 6'8" or better, two of them UNLV transfers...UALR adds Purdue transfer Johnathon Uchendu at 6'11" 210 to go with Mike Smith at 6'7" 280...both Florida schools are adding 6'9" 250 big men to alrerdy big frontcourts...USA returns its entire frontcourt...Magley and Evans return for WKU...even ULM will add a talented combo forward from Miami (who may end up playing center in Orlando Early's system).

I love the Tramiel signing...and I think in JJ's up and down style the combination of Tramiel and Odufuwa will be more effective than Keith and Q who frequently labored up and down the floor. That said, Odufuwa at the 5 concerns me. The Belt will have some big and talented 5s next season and an undersized Odufuwa will be prone to cheap fouls and fatigue. I would love to see the last scholarship go to another big guy...I just don't think it will...JJ appears to me to be too loyal to his senioirs Stewart and Howerton and will once again count on them for significant minutes off the bench. I just don't think a frontcourt of Tramiel, Odufuwa, Hogans, Howerton and Stewart is big enough.

Carlos Monroe and Michael Southall would probably throw their names out there as well....hell, so would Shawnson Johnson

The Sun Belt will be considerably bigger next season. ULL will add 4 guys 6'8" or better, two of them UNLV transfers...UALR adds Purdue transfer Johnathon Uchendu at 6'11" 210 to go with Mike Smith at 6'7" 280...both Florida schools are adding 6'9" 250 big men to alrerdy big frontcourts...USA returns its entire frontcourt...Magley and Evans return for WKU...even ULM will add a talented combo forward from Miami (who may end up playing center in Orlando Early's system).

I love the Tramiel signing...and I think in JJ's up and down style the combination of Tramiel and Odufuwa will be more effective than Keith and Q who frequently labored up and down the floor. That said, Odufuwa at the 5 concerns me. The Belt will have some big and talented 5s next season and an undersized Odufuwa will be prone to cheap fouls and fatigue. I would love to see the last scholarship go to another big guy...I just don't think it will...JJ appears to me to be too loyal to his senioirs Stewart and Howerton and will once again count on them for significant minutes off the bench. I just don't think a frontcourt of Tramiel, Odufuwa, Hogans, Howerton and Stewart is big enough.

Knox better be practicing his arse off daily up until the season starts.... we're gonna need him...

Pretty normal stuff:

He's super tall, loves his friends, "usually likes basketball" (in an emo love/hate sort of way), is ready to kill himself about the Mavs, he does not like us very much - lolz - I just hope we don't have attitudes.

The kid loves his Devin Harris and Eminem - which would be a lot cooler if it was 2006. He hates that country music - but don't worry, he is not hard core. He likes to push our buttons though - push away, emo guy!

Why do I keep mentioning emo?

jimmy eat world, dashboard confessionals, scary kids scaring kids, emery, underoath, flyleaf, panic! at the disco, hellogoodbye, plain white t's, chiodos, DROP DEAD GORGEOUS, *cough* eminem *cough*, red jumpsuit aparatus, nada surf, SUFJAN STEVENS, play radio play, the postal service, taking back sunday, brand new, and some others i cant think of

He does have some good taste in TV though, but likes to turn his head and cough when he reads Harry Potter.

Seems like a good buddy to watch The Hills AND reruns of Viva la Bam with.

Well said. Magley was effective in the NCAA games. UALR beat us out in the West Div last season, returns most of its players, and will be bigger. Monroe was all-conf and will have help. MTSU and USA have a lot of effective and experienced size. We have a lot of questions going into next season.

He usually likes to play basketball ??? That's a great attitude... MARK MY WORD , this kid won't be on the squad in 3 years from now. He reminds me of a Shawn Bradley ( someone pretty much forced to play basketball , but didn't really want to)..... I HOPE U PROVE ME WRONG BEN.