Way To Go South Alabama

UNTFan23

anyone else catch the smack talking on ESPN about how South Alabama got in over Arizona State?

Kinda steamed me a little...

Way to go SUN BELT!

They aren't giving USA the time of day, they're already talking about a butler - tenn match up. Hope this gets USA fired up and ready to play.

funny or ironic that the tournament committee puts two of the better Mid-Majors against other Mid-Majors in the opening round? Guess you gotta protect those big boys from getting KO'ed early.

I was thinking the same thing... but then I thought if they put the mids in against the top dogs in the first round, we'd say they just wanted to bump out mids.... no win situation for the tourny officials...

anyone else catch the smack talking on ESPN about how South Alabama got in over Arizona State?

Kinda steamed me a little...

Way to go SUN BELT!

Jay Bilas really annoyed me. He carries the flag for all the power conferences. I would not be surprised if some day he championed a "BCS type" NCAA tournament. He dogged the mid majors by stating that they "get a pass" when it comes to getting into the tournament as an at large while the schools from power conferences have to do more work to get in.

Of course, he was using South Alabama as his example when compared to Arizona State, VA Tech, etc. He used the fact that USA had so many wins against teams with RPI over 200. The fact is USA has to play non-con home games like every other school. Tell Bilas how difficult it is to get a "power" conference team to go on the road to play in Mobile or any other mid major home court.

:angry:

Jay Bilas really annoyed me. He carries the flag for all the power conferences. I would not be surprised if some day he championed a "BCS type" NCAA tournament. He dogged the mid majors by stating that they "get a pass" when it comes to getting into the tournament as an at large while the schools from power conferences have to do more work to get in.

Of course, he was using South Alabama as his example when compared to Arizona State, VA Tech, etc. He used the fact that USA had so many wins against teams with RPI over 200. The fact is USA has to play non-con home games like every other school. Tell Bilas how difficult it is to get a "power" conference team to go on the road to play in Mobile or any other mid major home court.

:angry:

And ask Jay Bilas to show you the impressive Va Tech resume he so clearly thinks they have...