Another School's Athletic Village

MeanGreen61

I wish we can model ourselves after UCF....they are certainly a CAN DO school.

I was out at Orlando last week, in the same neighborhood as UCF. I was speaking with a UCF student, and commended the school on their new stadium. He had the exact same attitude as the majority of UNT students--that it was a waste of money--and left me with the impression that many of his fellow students felt just like he did. And he struck me as a fairly conservative fellow, the kind that usually gets behind athletics. So they undoubtedly face many of the same hurdles that UNT faces--a student body largely apathetic to athletics, a "commuter school" image, etc. Yet they apparently have something to overcome those hurdles that we do not--persons in higher-up positions who have the courage to impose excellence upon their university. But after all, isn't that what those governing institutions of higher learning are supposed to do?

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I was out at Orlando last week, in the same neighborhood as UCF. I was speaking with a UCF student, and commended the school on their new stadium. He had the exact same attitude as the majority of UNT students--that it was a waste of money--and left me with the impression that many of his fellow students felt just like he did. And he struck me as a fairly conservative fellow, the kind that usually gets behind athletics. So they undoubtedly face many of the same hurdles that UNT faces--a student body largely apathetic to athletics, a "commuter school" image, etc. Yet they apparently have something to overcome those hurdles that we do not--persons in higher-up positions who have the courage to impose excellence upon their university. But after all, isn't that what those governing institutions of higher learning are supposed to do?

Went to the UT vs. UCF game back in September. In very few words that stadium was terrible. It was all bleachers; the seats, the stairs, the scaffolding. C.H. Collins is ten times nicer.

In the Florida heat we were baking. Not to mention the fact that there was not ONE water fountain. They ran out of water (bottles) before half time. Their were people passed out everywhere. The EMT room was booked solid. They were putting people into team buses that had the a/c on to cool people off.

I don't remeber what quarter it was but a shower came and rained for about 15 minutes. One of the only saving graces of the day. During the rain it began to lightning; all I could think was that I will make history by being one of 45,000 people who were electricuted to death at a football game.

Also, it was so damn loud in there that I believe I will be deaf as I age. They had the speakers so close to the fans that the reverberations were shaking the stand.

Two things I did like was their student population was outstanding. Everyone was in black and gold and jumping up and down the entire game. Could be because the place is a trampoline? Also, the stands were right on top of the field.

If UNT builds anything remotely close to UCF's stadium I will be highly dissapointed. But, I still be at every damn game.

Went to the UT vs. UCF game back in September. In very few words that stadium was terrible. It was all bleachers; the seats, the stairs, the scaffolding. C.H. Collins is ten times nicer.

In the Florida heat we were baking. Not to mention the fact that there was not ONE water fountain. They ran out of water (bottles) before half time. Their were people passed out everywhere. The EMT room was booked solid. They were putting people into team buses that had the a/c on to cool people off.

I don't remeber what quarter it was but a shower came and rained for about 15 minutes. One of the only saving graces of the day. During the rain it began to lightning; all I could think was that I will make history by being one of 45,000 people who were electricuted to death at a football game.

Also, it was so damn loud in there that I believe I will be deaf as I age. They had the speakers so close to the fans that the reverberations were shaking the stand.

Two things I did like was their student population was outstanding. Everyone was in black and gold and jumping up and down the entire game. Could be because the place is a trampoline? Also, the stands were right on top of the field.

If UNT builds anything remotely close to UCF's stadium I will be highly dissapointed. But, I still be at every damn game.

Well, I guess I gave UCF way too much credit for their stadium. It sounds like they cut corners at every opportunity. Let me then restate, I don't want our BOR/administration to follow the way of UCF, but I want them to insist on excellence!

Well, I guess I gave UCF way too much credit for their stadium. It sounds like they cut corners at every opportunity. Let me then restate, I don't want our BOR/administration to follow the way of UCF, but I want them to insist on excellence!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOR & Admins= zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

your'e right.........that stadium sucks....big time, in fact, looks like their campus is pretty ugly also.