Unt Releases 2008 Schedule

flyeater

Are we ever going to have the same number of Home games as Away games? It stinks having the majority of your games played on the road.

If I recall correctly, I heard that will change for the 2009 season. If anyone could back that up, though, that would be great.

good regional games, but it sucks that basically out of 3 month long season the guys are on the road for 2 of the months. No wonder students and fence fans forget about this team so often when we get to see them at home as rarely as Big Foot sightings.

"Note the dreaded Thanksgiving weekend home game (vs. Arkansas State Nov. 29) to end the season. UNT tried to move the game to a more favorable date for attendance, but to no avail."

Ark St schedule from "2008 Schedules" thread

So if we have an open date on Nov. 15, and so does Ark St, why can't we re-schedule the game for that date? Obviously we want to; does Ark St not want to?

I will be there on Nov. 29th if it isn't rescheduled.

Edited by NT Drummer

Are we ever going to have the same number of Home games as Away games? It stinks having the majority of your games played on the road.

It will be hard to even up our schedule as long at the OUs, LSUs, and Floridas of the world are playing 7-8 home games a year. There are only so many ways to even up when there are teams unbalancing the schedule. The only away games some of these teams play are the ones set by their conference. If the NCAA wants to help add a little more parity, then they should mandate a 6 home, 6 away schedule. But that will not be happening any time soon (see $$$).

Arkansas State is open Nov. 15 as are we. The funny thing is that the Red Wolves have 3 (that's three) open dates in the '08 season. They also play one game after our Nov. 22 meeting. Seems to me that both schools would be better off to play on Nov. 15 and avoid a game on Thanksgiving weekend.

GO MEAN GREEN

Beat the Red Wolves and everyone else.

Arkansas State is open Nov. 15 as are we. The funny thing is that the Red Wolves have 3 (that's three) open dates in the '08 season. They also play one game after our Nov. 22 meeting. Seems to me that both schools would be better off to play on Nov. 15 and avoid a game on Thanksgiving weekend.

GO MEAN GREEN

Beat the Red Wolves and everyone else.

I for one hope it is Thanksgiving weekend. It could give me my first opportunity to get back to Fouts for a home game in several years.

I see no reason why it can't be played on Nov 15th. But, obviously people much smarter than us decided Thanksgiving weekend was a good choice.

It is my understanding that the INDIANS were ready to move the game due to their obligation to the holiday , however several RED WOLVES do NOT recognize such or any national holidays , thus keeping the game on THANKSGIVING weekend.

I for one hope it is Thanksgiving weekend. It could give me my first opportunity to get back to Fouts for a home game in several years.

Well you won't have a problem getting a seat...there will be over 28,000 available ...

Edited by RETSO

Just a thought but maybe Ark St. didn't want to move it because they thought that they will have more fans willing to travel with the team on a long weekend. I don't know, but it's possible.

Just a thought but maybe Ark St. didn't want to move it because they thought that they will have more fans willing to travel with the team on a long weekend. I don't know, but it's possible.

Unless they shock everybody and have a really good team next year, I don't think ASU brings more than a handful to the game--on either date.

A directive from the Sun Belt says teams are to play 11 home games over a 2-season period.

Well I guess that means we will be in violation of this rule. We had 5 home games last year and 5 home games this year, that only makes 10. Looks like we are 1 home game short.

Well I guess that means we will be in violation of this rule. We had 5 home games last year and 5 home games this year, that only makes 10. Looks like we are 1 home game short.

Well, that directive came out last year. So, in order to comply we will need 6 home games for the 2009 season.

THE SUN BELT CONFERENCE

CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER

INITIATIVES

(Adopted unanimously May 2007)

Football

1. Schools will play a minimum of 11 home games over a two-year period.

2. Schools may schedule not more than two games annually that do not include a return game provision at the institutions home field.

3. Schools may not play more than one I-AA opponent each year and that must be at home.

4. Schools must increase "average home attendance" annually until the school reaches 75% of the stadium capacity.

5. Schools must increase "season ticket" sales annually until the school reaches 25% of the stadium capacity.

6. The Conference Office will produce a weekly "Game of The Week" beginning in mid-September 2007.

7. The Conference Office shall secure a minimum of two guaranteed berths in post season bowl games.

Edited by UNTflyer