Pit Crew Co-founder Running For Student Body President

UNTflyer

I would support a Student athletic fee if that is what the student body wants. I have already made it known on this board that I am in agreement with those here who think an athletic fee should be put in place. Just remember, the student body president's job is not to dictate policy to the students.

I would support a Student athletic fee if that is what the student body wants. I have already made it known on this board that I am in agreement with those here who think an athletic fee should be put in place. Just remember, the student body president's job is not to dictate policy to the students.

I think you need to remember that only about 5 people on this board have votes that will help you. But, I don't think we know the power of the TY Sports endorsement bump.

You scratch our back, and we'll scratch yours...Spitzer-style.

Because of confusion surrounding the starting time of the Hartford game this year, my friend Jason and I showed up hungover and excited about the rare 11am B-ball game. A confused janitorial staff member granted us entrance and proceeded to walk to the pit-crew section. Surprisingly there was no one there, it was dead. Thankfully we took it upon ourselves to resurrect it by going home and napping until 2pm, when the game actually started. Upon our return, the crew was thriving and we shared a knowing nod over the work we had done.

From the Re-Co-Founder of the Pit Crew, Your Welcome.

Hmmmm, leadership by following. "I will formulate my position only after I read the polls". Don't put yourself out there on a limb too far because people may get the misconception that you actually believe in something.

Remember that the popular thing to do would be nothing, and that's what has kept North Texas in this quagmire for the last 60 years.

This university needs genuine leadership which is willing to actually confront the real problem.

If that's not you then please respectfully resign from the race as soon as possible. There are plenty of other ways that you can pad your resume that don't inflict damage on this university; charity fundraising, social work, Peace Corps, and even Eagle Scouts may be better options.

Hmmmm, leadership by following. "I will formulate my position only after I read the polls". Don't put yourself out there on a limb too far because people may get the misconception that you actually believe in something.

Remember that the popular thing to do would be nothing, and that's what has kept North Texas in this quagmire for the last 60 years.

This university needs genuine leadership which is willing to actually confront the real problem.

If that's not you then please respectfully resign from the race as soon as possible. There are plenty of other ways that you can pad your resume that don't inflict damage on this university; charity fundraising, social work, Peace Corps, and even Eagle Scouts may be better options.

owned

owned

No, not owned. This was not intended to be a slam against the candidate, but it was certainly intended to discard his canned answer of doing whatever is most popular. Sometimes a challenge should be taken, not because it's easy, but because it's the right thing to do.

Both candidates seem to posess the potential to help make change happen. I'm interested to see if either one is willing to commit to that challenge.

I am so tired of Student Presidents being useless bumps that only took the position because it would look good on the law school applications. If their interest is not in the betterment of the students, short term and long term, and to the increasing the stature of the university, then it is their moral duty to exit the race.

Seriously... seriously... As I said earlier, I support an athletic fee. However, it's not just up to the student body president if that goes into effect or not. There are many more people you should be courting leadership from than that one position on this matter. Why not read up on the SGA a little more before you start throwing a guy who is simply running out under the athletic bus? I have enough stuff on my resume. I'm running because I care and because I feel I can execute the position effectively. I don't need the job, I want the job.

Thomas, I voted for you. Your emails to me indeed showed that you support an athletic fee and that it should be done with the support of the students. To clarify Thomas' position, he is of the opinion that yes, it should be what the students want and that the best way to accomplish that is to educate them about the benefits of having a top-notch athletics program.

While Jeff also supports raising the athletic fee, and is no doubt a Mean Green fan and deserves respect for wanting to serve UNT students, he wasn't clear enough on a plan or method of improving athletics to win my support. Thomas also seems dedicated to making the Pit Crew organized and his vision of 5,000 students at basketball games is a bold one.

Today is the last day to vote.

Thomas, I voted for you. Your emails to me indeed showed that you support an athletic fee and that it should be done with the support of the students. To clarify Thomas' position, he is of the opinion that yes, it should be what the students want and that the best way to accomplish that is to educate them about the benefits of having a top-notch athletics program.

While Jeff also supports raising the athletic fee, and is no doubt a Mean Green fan and deserves respect for wanting to serve UNT students, he wasn't clear enough on a plan or method of improving athletics to win my support. Thomas also seems dedicated to making the Pit Crew organized and his vision of 5,000 students at basketball games is a bold one.

Today is the last day to vote.

Thank you for the clarification on the candidates positions. Hopefully both are up to the challenge of helping to create a great university.

Politician: it's not the worlds oldest profession, but the results are the same.