Response Time Needed By The Mean Green Nation!

This morning WBAP sports guy Steve Lamb reported on the inductees into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Lamb, a zero U grad, usually has given the Mean Green major props in the past, and after the 2002 win over Cincy told his partner Hal Jay, a HUGE TCU HORNED FROG supporter, that his frogs probably couldn't beat the Mean Green "Right Now" because they were playing such good ball. But this morning Steve got it wrong, reporting that Abner Haynes was the first black player to play in the Southwest Conference. I immediately tried to call but they are not answering their call in number so I sent Steve an email. He's been good to us for several years, but we need to let him know that Haynes played for North Texas, in the Missouri Valley and preceded Jerry Levias at SMU by nearly 10 years, led the Mean Green to the '59 Sunbowl against New Mexico State and that he still currently holds records for the Kansas City Chiefs. Lamb needs to recieve a wave of emails by the Mean Green Nation to let him know how many of us there are out here and that we care about our legends and that outsiders getting our history right.

Again, be polite, but let him have it.

SLamb@wbap.com

Rick

Guest 97and03

This morning WBAP sports guy Steve Lamb reported on the inductees into the Texas Sports Hall of Fame. Lamb, a zero U grad, usually has given the Mean Green major props in the past, and after the 2002 win over Cincy told his partner Hal Jay, a HUGE TCU HORNED FROG supporter, that his frogs probably couldn't beat the Mean Green "Right Now" because they were playing such good ball. But this morning Steve got it wrong, reporting that Abner Haynes was the first black player to play in the Southwest Conference. I immediately tried to call but they are not answering their call in number so I sent Steve an email. He's been good to us for several years, but we need to let him know that Haynes played for North Texas, in the Missouri Valley and preceded Jerry Levias at SMU by nearly 10 years, led the Mean Green to the '59 Sunbowl against New Mexico State and that he still currently holds records for the Kansas City Chiefs. Lamb needs to recieve a wave of emails by the Mean Green Nation to let him know how many of us there are out here and that we care about our legends and that outsiders getting our history right.

Again, be polite, but let him have it.

SLamb@wbap.com

Rick

Done. I sent him Haynes' HOF bio from the athletics site.

Sent one in yesterday with no reply.

Don't count on one. I emailed him and politely asked why he chose to ignore UNT's tournament win against Ark St, but mentioned the Horse Slaughter on the Hilltop. I listen on my way to work and hear at least 4 of his morning sports updates. Hal Jay, the morning anchor, is a TCU fan. I never really hear much about UNT on their morning show.

Don't count on one. I emailed him and politely asked why he chose to ignore UNT's tournament win against Ark St, but mentioned the Horse Slaughter on the Hilltop. I listen on my way to work and hear at least 4 of his morning sports updates. Hal Jay, the morning anchor, is a TCU fan. I never really hear much about UNT on their morning show.

You usually have to make good press to get mentioned. Hal Jay's son played for TCU a few years back so that's why he's such a homer for them I figure? It was great the year TCU beat zero U a few years back because Lamb took the next day off for some reason? But when NT beat Cincy in the bowl game he outright told Jay that TCU couldn't hang with NT at that time of the season and Jay didn't argue. Still, nothing is going to change on this radio station or any other media outlet concerning North Texas until this university decides it's had enough being ignored and make the commitment to fix THE PROBLEM. Until then, the bleeding will continue.

I'm willing to bet Emmitt and Lera raise their daughter as a fan of the Mean Green as so many of the rest of us are. But what about the other 33,900 future alumni?

Rick