I just received this email from "ebay". I forwarded it to ebay's spoof department and was informed that it is indeed an attempt at identity theft. To make this football related, had I not caught this I could have had my credit jacked up, been broke and been unable to buy season tickets.

Dear eBay member,

During our regularly scheduled account maintenance and verification procedures, we have detected a slight error in your billing information.

This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. A recent change in your personal information ( i.e.change of address).

2. Submitting invalid information during the initial sign up process.

3. An inability to accurately verify your selected option of payment due to an internal error within our processors.

Please update and verify your information by clicking the link below:

https://www.ebay.com/

If your account information is not updated within 48 hours then your ability to access your account will become restricted.

Thank you,

The eBay Billing Department.

I just received this email from "ebay". I forwarded it to ebay's spoof department and was informed that it is indeed an attempt at identity theft. To make this football related, had I not caught this I could have had my credit jacked up, been broke and been unable to buy season tickets.

Oh man, Emmitt, I'd never understand if they moved this. Totally football related.

Oh man, Emmitt, I'd never understand if they moved this. Totally football related.

Scuse me for trying to potentially save someone from identity theft by placing this in the place with the most traffic. Lord knows that if this thread got read by a bunch of people and naturally died to page 2 the whole board would cease to function.

This email was sent to me by my super secret insider informant in the athletic department. Better?

Edited by emmitt01

Emmit , if you would change your password from smu to something else then you would be better protected.

I got that same message back in December. Someone wasn't trying to buy something on my account , yet they were trying to sell something of there's :huh: .

Just change your password to something that involves both letters and #'s... like 6smu9.

Emmit , if you would change your password from smu to something else then you would be better protected.

I got that same message back in December. Someone wasn't trying to buy something on my account , yet they were trying to sell something of there's :huh: .

Just change your password to something that involves both letters and #'s... like 6smu9.

1Hat3smuT might be a better password.

PS. Any password that is posted, publicly, then becomes a rather useless password as it will more then likely picked up by spiders.

Edited by UNTFan23

If this doesn't stay on the football board, then one of us could easily lose.....

Wait.

Are there really people who still can't recognize a spam attempt? Besides the elderly?

If the same genius who moved the thread off the Football board that involved the man who was wanted for the MURDER of a UNT student a few months ago & keeps this thread here , then what example our we teaching our children ? :blink:

Edited by NT03