North Texas Schedules Ball State - 2009/2013

UNTflyer

Ball State University needs one more game to finalize its 2009 football schedule after adding the University of North Texas.

Ball State is scheduled to play North Texas at Scheumann Stadium in 2009 and in Denton, Texas during the 2013 season, according to documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act.

"It's a good contract and it gets us a home game," Tom Collins, Ball State's Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, said.

According to the contract, which was signed in August 2007, Ball State will pay North Texas $175,000 in 2009 for playing in Muncie. However, the Cardinals will receive $175,000 after its 2013 road game in Denton.

Last season North Texas was 2-10 and 1-6 in the Sun Belt with first-year coach Todd Dodge. Ball State finished the regular season 7-5 and advanced to its first bowl game since 1996. The 2009 match up will be the first meeting between the two schools.

http://media.www.bsudailynews.com/media/st...n-3165141.shtml

Not bad, but I would still rather see home-and-home series with Tulsa, SMU, TCU, Houston, Rice, UTEP, NMSU, Tulane, La Tech, Southern Miss, and Memphis.

Ball State and North Texas do little for each other except fill holes on the schedules. The opponents don't have name appeal in either's market and few fans will travel for these games at either local.

Guest 97and03

Not bad, but I would still rather see home-and-home series with Tulsa, SMU, TCU, Houston, Rice, UTEP, NMSU, Tulane, La Tech, Southern Miss, and Memphis.

Ball State and North Texas do little for each other except fill holes on the schedules. The opponents don't have name appeal in either's market and few fans will travel for these games at either local.

True, but at least this is a team that we should be able to compete with. I would rather beat Ball State than lose to LSU or OU.

We're very close to being on par with them, at least financially. They pay us only $175,000 when we go there (most covering travel expenses, I'd say), and we pay them the same when they come here. I guess we do come out ahead since they have 4 extra years of inflation.

True, but at least this is a team that we should be able to compete with. I would rather beat Ball State than lose to LSU or OU.

So true.

Real division 1 schools do not sell out for a payday guarantee. If it's not home & home or at a truly neutral site, it violates the spirit of the game. North Texas has been violated for far too long.

Guest 97and03

Muncie, IN is only a 14 hour drive. :D

Ah the wacky adventures one could get into! They should make a movie about a group of college students that take a long road trip to another college. That would be cool.

Ah the wacky adventures one could get into! They should make a movie about a group of college students that take a long road trip to another college. That would be cool.

That would be awesome. St Louis is on the way. We can't close our eyes to the plight of the cities. Kids, you noticing all this plight? (Gunshot) Roll 'em up, roll 'em up!

Don't be surprised if Ball State buys its way out of the return trip. I can't believe the excitement over on this board about NT going to Ball State and then waiting 4 years for a return visit. This should be the third year of the new stadium, if by some stretch of the imagination Rick V is able to raise the money, and NT will still need to play someone other than the Florida Atlantic University of the MAC. This is a game that the beloved Athletic Director has put us in, the same guy that pulled out of a trip to Miami, a winnable game, for a game in Baton Rouge against the defending National Champs, a guaranteed ass whipping.

Don't be surprised if Ball State buys its way out of the return trip. I can't believe the excitement over on this board about NT going to Ball State and then waiting 4 years for a return visit. This should be the third year of the new stadium, if by some stretch of the imagination Rick V is able to raise the money, and NT will still need to play someone other than the Florida Atlantic University of the MAC. This is a game that the beloved Athletic Director has put us in, the same guy that pulled out of a trip to Miami, a winnable game, for a game in Baton Rouge against the defending National Champs, a guaranteed ass whipping.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but, based on the last 10 or so of your posts that I've read, you're not a big fan of RV...or anything having to do with the athletic department for that matter. No?

We weren't going to be playing Miami anyways. They will be opening a new stadium and were looking for a higher-profile opponent.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here but, based on the last 10 or so of your posts that I've read, you're not a big fan of RV...or anything having to do with the athletic department for that matter. No?

I'm not a fan of being lied to, which is what is happening. Just ask Todd Dodge!

Yea,yea, yea we know you don't like RV. 05-deadhorse.gif

The program needs Big $$$$$ games at this stage of its existence. Wins are nice but a cool MILLION goes further at this point.

Ball State does not put us on the radar and a win really gets no one excited, imo.

Jeez, ADLER, spoken like a, uh, Old Gun Alum?!? :blink::)

Hellsbells! How are some of our fans/posters going to react when we announce a real (hopefully Texas-based) Big Time U that will help us debut our new stadium out at the Mean Green Village?!?!? :unsure:

No numbers or codes for this post, but I totally concur with our youngest Old Gun Alum on this one. :thumbsup:

A Big Fan of Big Time College Athletics (& schools with high ambitions to get there),

PMG

GMG!