Ouch!

NT03

UNT appears to have lost Perry to Tech

Word is UNT target Chris Perry, a defensive lineman who spent last season at Miami, is headed to Texas Tech. Perry's former high school coach Hal Wasson told me earlier today that Perry was in Lubbock over the weekend and also visited UNT.

Perry would have been a nice get for UNT, which has been a little thin in terms of defensive line recruits in recent years.

Edited by NT03

UNT appears to have lost Perry to Tech

Word is UNT target Chris Perry, a defensive lineman who spent last season at Miami, is headed to Texas Tech. Perry's former high school coach Hal Wasson told me earlier today that Perry was in Lubbock over the weekend and also visited UNT.

Perry would have been a nice get for UNT, which has been a little thin in terms of defensive line recruits in recent years.

I would love to have this guy, but would you rather play in the Sun Belt or the Big 12? The New Orleans bowl, or a Jan. 1 bowl? I will be shocked if this guy comes to play here.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

I would love to have this guy, but would you rather play in the Sun Belt or the Big 12? The New Orleans bowl, or a Jan. 1 bowl? I will be shocked if this guy comes to play here.

Question: How many outright conference football championships has Texas Tech won since they were first admitted to the old Southwest Conference in the mid-1950's? Just curious... :rolleyes:

Wasn't there a transfer from USC last year saying he wanted to be "closer to home", only he ended up going to Florida?

Yep Emmanuel Moody from Coppell but I think his biggest thing was playing time not really location. I really can't figure out why he choose Florida if he as afraid of the competition at USC.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Still not signing day. Let's piss off TTech again.

I hate to be a wet blanket but he is a transfer, not a recruit.

I lived in Littlefield for a couple of years back in the 60s. To me, Lubbock was like an oasis in the desert. I wouldn't live there, especially during the dust storms in the spring, but it's not as bad as I would think Laredo would be. It's also right in the heart of fishing country; it's 300 miles in any direction. And, it is reachable in less than a day.

I hate to be a wet blanket but he is a transfer, not a recruit.

I lived in Littlefield for a couple of years back in the 60s. To me, Lubbock was like an oasis in the desert. I wouldn't live there, especially during the dust storms in the spring, but it's not as bad as I would think Laredo would be. It's also right in the heart of fishing country; it's 300 miles in any direction. And, it is reachable in less than a day.

Fishing?

He can always drive to the liquor store that's always fun.

After he gets a bottle of Rough In the Brush at the liquor store he can go to the Buddy Holly Museum :)

I have lived in Lubbock for the past 11 years. It's not my first choice for prime living conditions but it's not bad either. You can say what you want about Lubbock but I would think the most important part of playing football at Tech is FOOTBALL AT TECH. The atmosphere is great. The fans and entire community is very supportive, the game day atmosphere is very energetic and the local press falls all over them. There is truely not much else out here but when a 200K poulation community puts 45-50K peole in the stands what can you say negative.

I have lived in Lubbock for the past 11 years. It's not my first choice for prime living conditions but it's not bad either. You can say what you want about Lubbock but I would think the most important part of playing football at Tech is FOOTBALL AT TECH. The atmosphere is great. The fans and entire community is very supportive, the game day atmosphere is very energetic and the local press falls all over them. There is truely not much else out here but when a 200K poulation community puts 45-50K peole in the stands what can you say negative.

This thread was more fun before someone gave a real reason for living in Lubbuck.