Mean Green Sighting

Mad Hatter

Ok - It was just in Dallas, but I took the family out tonight to look at some Christmas lights, and while we were cruising down one of the streets my wife and I both notice a North Texas flag hanging on the side of a house. Now the house had lots of Christmas lights, along with a neon USMC symbol, and a UT flag, but NT was right there with them. The whole car threw up the Eagle claw hand sign and we started singing the fight song. It made for a great highlight to the evening. Now that I'm home, I'm going to put my flag back out out on the front of the house in case any NT folks drive by.

GMG!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Ok - It was just in Dallas, but I took the family out tonight to look at some Christmas lights, and while we were cruising down one of the streets my wife and I both notice a North Texas flag hanging on the side of a house. Now the house had lots of Christmas lights, along with a neon USMC symbol, and a UT flag, but NT was right there with them. The whole car threw up the Eagle claw hand sign and we started singing the fight song. It made for a great highlight to the evening. Now that I'm home, I'm going to put my flag back out out on the front of the house in case any NT folks drive by.

GMG!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Now, if we could only get about 5k more North Texas families in the metroplex that have the same reaction to a North Texas flag sighting, we will have something to build on........ ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS! :santa:

I just got back from a vacation to Cancun. While sitting in the swimming pool I started a conversation with a young man from Montreal. The young man noticed my UNT hat sitting on a chair and asked if I was really a UNT fan.

"Yes!", I replied. "Cut me and you will see that I bleed Mean Green."

His next words were, "Is Giovanni as good as I am hearing?"

To make a long story slightly shorter, he became interested in UNT Mean Green sports by playing the NCAA Playstation game. He liked the nickname, the colors and just started "studying" the team.

I told him if he was from Montreal and knew anything about UNT he could have my hat.

So, if you are in Monteal and see a man with a Mean Green hat, his name is Brandon and he is a fan. Now, I have to buy another hat but I considered it "spreading the word."

Go Mean Green!!

GMG!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Nice.....it's a matter of time.

GMG!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Mad Hatter, reading your post and just hearing and feeling the excitement in your post did for me what evident school spirit will do for any UNT alum, I got excited too!!! Thanks for the "claw" when you saw the flag!! It is a statement and a post like this that I know you are a true UNT fan! I would have done the same thing!!

FLY HIGH!

GO MEAN GREEN!

I just got back from a vacation to Cancun. While sitting in the swimming pool I started a conversation with a young man from Montreal. The young man noticed my UNT hat sitting on a chair and asked if I was really a UNT fan.

"Yes!", I replied. "Cut me and you will see that I bleed Mean Green."

His next words were, "Is Giovanni as good as I am hearing?"

To make a long story slightly shorter, he became interested in UNT Mean Green sports by playing the NCAA Playstation game. He liked the nickname, the colors and just started "studying" the team.

I told him if he was from Montreal and knew anything about UNT he could have my hat.

So, if you are in Monteal and see a man with a Mean Green hat, his name is Brandon and he is a fan. Now, I have to buy another hat but I considered it "spreading the word."

Go Mean Green!!

Be careful ntexeagle, doing a good deed like that will likely get more hats sent to you than you expected! :thumbsup: I for one would like the priviledge of buying you a hat right now! Nice job!!

FLY HIGH!

GO MEAN GREEN!!

GMG!!!!!

Merry Christmas!

Wouldn't it have been even more cool if you saw one of these in one of the windows but only in Mean Green form?

21ioMOxOIHL._AA160_.jpg

Rick

It was "Fathead", and of course when I checked.......I was not surprised. I did waste my time looking though. No UNT stuff. I think it even broke their search engine when I tried to search for UNT or Nort Texas or Mean Green!! I'm the fathead for even dreaming they would have something!!!

I placed a call to FatHead and asked for their retail and corporate sales manager to find out minimum order and cost per unit. The person on the other end of the phone put me on hold to ask the question to their sales manager. When they came back they said I would have to order several 100 units but that they didn't know exactly how many so they put me through to corporate sales. I got a voice mail and left a message to ask specificly how many and how much my cost would be per unit. I'll reply back when I get a return phone call.

They currently have ONE non BCS school right now, Hawaii. But considering their product retails for $99, if that mark up is 50%, and if "several 100" means 300, then if your a retaler your looking at spending around $15,000 in order to get North Texas fans a Fat Head.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick