North Texas @ F I U

UNTFan23

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing to FIU would be the worst possible way to end this season. This was one of only 3 games that I had penciled in for wins this season.

Our defensive performance this season is just beyond words. I just saw that Army held Navy to under 300 yards of total offense today (Navy won easily though). That is the same Navy team that ran over us like pylons.

How great would it be if we come back again?

Our defense has to stop their offense first, which sounds bad considering we're going up against the worst offense in the NCAA.

Edited by UNTFan23

Yep. The same Juggernaught FIU offense that is average 13 points a game this year. I thought that Mendoza's man-on-man schemes would at least work against this bench.

Don't blame the schemes. It doesn't matter when you're not getting QB pressure the second game of the season.

Edited by greenminer

Our defense has to stop their offense first, which sounds bad considering we're going up against the worst offense in the NCAA.

From the sound of this drive, this will not be possible. And to think I thought for sure we could beat the team in D1 with the WORST offense.

Oh WOW - another WIDE OPEN WR. That's odd.

Our defense is so bad it is comical.

Edited by GoMeanGreen1999

Anyone else dream of us losing to FIU in this fashion? I know I sure didn't. What a train wreck this game has become.

Well, I WAS worried about playing a winless team at home for their last game of the season. If we were a good team, I wouldn't worry about it so much.

But THIS is terrible beyond words.

well there goes that hope... leave it to us to give a team the most points they have had all year.

And, who knows if they are done yet ? Giving up 40+ points to FIU is just unthinkable (if they do in fact score over 40).

If you would have told me that NT would have the worst scoring defense this year in all of 1-A (by far), I would have never believed it.

119 out of 119. That is just unimaginable.

Well, I WAS worried about playing a winless team at home for their last game of the season. If we were a good team, I wouldn't worry about it so much.

But THIS is terrible beyond words.

This was a scenario I tried to keep out of my head all week, but I knew that this team would give it all it had to keep from being winless.

This was a scenario I tried to keep out of my head all week, but I knew that this team would give it all it had to keep from being winless.

Maybe there's also some Orange Bowl mojo. Most FIU players are from South Florida, I'd imagine. That field is huge in the imagination of Miami sports fans. (Pretty big elsewhere too.)