Textbook ...

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Im going to go to the game to tailgate and watch our final game of the season....

I wasnt looking forward to this game at all. If we lose to a Div. 2 program because of our defense, Mendoza will be shown the door on Monday morning.

This and every Sun Belt game at Fouts is not really intersting to watch, but it's still Mean green football.

Mean Green Peanuts & Popcorn...

ASU almost beat Texas, we almost beat ASU, so therefore... :lol:

Let's enjoy recruiting season and some new bridge building because we were going to have to do that whether we won 2, 3, 4, or 5 games this season now weren't we?

Quote from Larry Lacewell: "North Texas has a good one." (referring to our HFC Todd Dodge tonight during the MGRN's half time show). Let's rely on the words of those who helped build Super Bowl winners, ya' think?

I know, we have to put a face on who cost us this game (human nature), but I still don't think I saw Coach Mendoza suited out for this game, either.

Gloves on DB's hands? Was it that damn cold at ASU tonight? Don't gloves prevent some DB's from intercepting passes? (That's just one of what will be one million reasons as to why we got beat by what was supposed to be a SBC contender this year).

Who had the most disappointing season then? UNT or ASU? How many of us said 3 wins for 2007 the day Todd Dodge was hired based on the previous 2 seasons?

Does it matter if it were 1, 2, 3 or 4 wins when we didn't compete for the SBC the last 2 years and our last bowl team was handed its head on a silver platter by a CUSA team that looked like men among boys? Did we know that our recruiting was quite deficient as far back as that Southern Miss loss? Speed problems in other words? Did adding years to many of the same players from the 2005, 2006 and 2007 MG teams who played in that Golden Eagle loss in the Big Easy add any more speed to this team?

I'ts About Building A New Bridge On A Much More Solid Foundation Than Todd Dodge Inherited--Sorry, But It Really Is &............ We Have Our Last Bowl Appearance, the 2005 and 2006 Seasons For Proof.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Mean Green Popcorn and Peanuts...

ASU almost beat Texas, we almost beat ASU... :lol:

Let's enjoy recruiting season and some new bridge building because we were going to have to do that whether we won 2, 3, 4, or 5 games this season now weren't we?

Quote from Larry Lacewell: "North Texas has a good one." (referring to Todd Dodge tonight during MGRN half time show). Let's rely on such words of those who helped build Super Bowl winners, ya' think?

I know, we have to put a face on who cost us thing game (human nature), but I still don't think I saw Coach Mendoza suited out for this game, either.

Gloves on DB's hands? Was it that damn cold at ASU tonight? Don't gloves keep some DB's from intercepting passes? (That's just one of what will be one million reasons as to why we got beat by what was supposed to be a SBC contender this year). Who had the most disappointing season then? UNT or ASU? How many of us said 3 wins the day Todd Dodge was hired based on the previous 2 seasons? Does it matter if it were 1, 2 or 3 when we didn't compete for the SBC the last 2 years and our last bowl team was handed its head on a silver platter by a CUSA team that looked like men among boys?

I'ts About Building A New Bridge On A Much More Solid Foundation Than Todd Dodge Inherited--Sorry, But It Really Is.

Well said Plumm---Plithy and to the point!!!!! Thanks.

I am going fly fishing at beaver's bend during WKU... See nt football next year. I am calling it a season after this one tonight.

I will be killing those deadly whitetail deer in West Texas that Saturday. Just as a cheer me up WKU are not d1aa or d1a they are provisional I believe. WKU should win their Offense is ranked just below ours going into the Ark Sate game.

Yes we were. Rushing 3 and putting Holman (a LB no less) 15 yards deep in the middle of the zone is a prevent defense. A bad one at that.

Yet we were in position to win this game, right then and there with TWO balls hitting LB's right in the hands. Should have been the game.

By the way, Channel 8 just showed highlights and said it was "Heartbreak Hotel for the Mean Green. They are 1-9 now but with Todd Dodge at the helm things will get better in the future for them".

Rick

Gloves on DB's hands? Was it that damn cold at ASU tonight? Don't gloves prevent some DB's from intercepting passes? (That's just one of what will be one million reasons as to why we got beat by what was supposed to be a SBC contender this year).

Yes. It's currently 41 degrees with a chill of 39 degrees in Jonesboro.

Rick

Yes we were. Rushing 3 and putting Holman (a LB no less) 15 yards deep in the middle of the zone is a prevent defense. A bad one at that.

You know Holman is going to be having recurring nightmares about that tipped pass that hit him right in the hands. If only he could have managed to catch that one....

Guest GrayEagleOne

Yes, this is terribly disappointing to blow a 2-touchdown lead for the fourth time this season. I could even sense the disappointment in Coach Dodge's voice in the post game interview. But, I'll be most surprised that anything is done about the defense and special teams until the season's over.

Let me give you an incentive to come to the WKU game. If we can get 16,355 souls there we will average 20,000 for the season. You could be part of Fouts Field history (which hopefuloy doesn't have much time left). A 20,000 average for a one, two, or three win season would tell donors a lot. I think that the team would appreciate it and maybe give them a little extra incentive for next year. Also, these seniors have had some rough times and we need to tell them how much we appreciate them. I truly believe that things will get better.

Guest JohnDenver

These Seniors are the last remaining players of our 4 year Championship run that ended in '04. They deserve to be told THANK YOU by all of us in their final home game.

Rick

We plan on going out big too...