Troy Vs. #10 Georgia

Ibleedgreen

Here is how far we are from being a team like Troy.

-Troy lost to an SEC team by 10. Could we please manage to not trail by 10 midway through the 1st?

-Troy put up 34 points. Have we scored 34 in the last 5 games against BCS teams? (I am being slightly facetious)

-We talk about how we will no longer "go there for a paycheck." Troy walks the walk.

I also love this from the game article. Way to go Blakeney!

Troy was booed by the Georgia homecoming crowd as coach Larry Blakeney called three timeouts on his team's final possession. Backup quarterback Jamie Hampton threw a 5-yard touchdown pass to Jerrel Jernigan with 6 seconds left.

"The crowd that stayed booed us for trying to execute, which was funny," Blakeney said. "I think we certainly had the potential to win, and I doubt we'll get any quick invites back here."

Edited by emmitt01

Congrats to Troy.

The Sun Belt conference is no longer the whipping boy of the nation. Ark. St. stayed with Texas (and should have won), Troy hangs with Georgia, SBC upsets over Minnesota (FAU) and Ok. St. (sorry...forgot who...Troy?). I know there are others that slip my mind off hand.

Guest JohnDenver

Where are all the people saying that we got whipped by a "belt team" now after they hung with Georgia just like the others said they would?

What?

We got beat by a belt team. Fact.

Is that what you wanted?

:blink:

For everyone blaming the D, when we got run over by Troy.

Troy Offense vs the #24 ranked defense in the nation

Troy lead the game in first downs with 23

lead in total yards with 488

lead in passing yards with 373

rushed for 115 yards

lead in time of possesion by 3 and a half minutes.

once again against one of the top defenses in the nation on the road

Where are all the people saying that we got whipped by a "belt team" now after they hung with Georgia just like the others said they would?

Troy played well, but without a touchdown scored with five seconds left, it would've been a 17-point loss.

Getting back to our Troy game, the suggestion that it's OK for UNT to lose 45-7 to a Belt team is weak. The Mean Green ran through the Belt for four straight years. There's no path to football success for this program that includes being hopelessly non-competitive against strong conference teams. When the season began, no one here predicted Dodge's first team would get beat like a paycheck game by Troy.

Troy played well, but without a touchdown scored with five seconds left, it would've been a 17-point loss.

And if they would've ended the game after the first quarter Troy would've won. What is the point of your statement?

Getting back to our Troy game, the suggestion that it's OK for UNT to lose 45-7 to a Belt team is weak. The Mean Green ran through the Belt for four straight years. There's no path to football success for this program that includes being hopelessly non-competitive against strong conference teams. When the season began, no one here predicted Dodge's first team would get beat like a paycheck game by Troy.

You can thank Darrell Dickey for the post championship dropoff. Who else could you possibly blame? Troy is quickly becoming a paycheck game unless you wouldn't consider Okie State a paycheck game.

I love watching Troy and FAU shine for our league! It has always baffled me when some think this league is ours to dominate or lose. I wish! I enjoyed those 4 years in New Orleans because it may be the next decade before we sniff the New Orleans Bowl again. Look at how tough the road for MTSU has been!

Way to go Troy!

Way to go FAU!

Let all this frustration out on Navy!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if they would've ended the game after the first quarter Troy would've won. What is the point of your statement?

My point is that they didn't hang with Georgia. They played well but like most outgunned teams, they faded in the second half and the game was out of reach.

You can thank Darrell Dickey for the post championship dropoff. Who else could you possibly blame? Troy is quickly becoming a paycheck game unless you wouldn't consider Okie State a paycheck game.

When I said Troy beat us like a paycheck game, I meant that they beat us like the big out-of-conference teams do at the start of every season. It's bad enough UNT fans accept that, but to accept it from in-conference foes is crazy. We're never going to get anywhere expecting so little from this team.

Edited by rcade

My point is that they didn't hang with Georgia. They played well but like most outgunned teams, they faded in the second half and the game was out of reach.

Incorrect, Troy actually outscored Georgia in the Second half 24-20. I don't how you can say Troy didn't have a chance to win when they outgained Georgia and controlled in T.O.P.

Question?

Does anyone remember Troy losing a significant player from their team due to academic ineligibility? In recent memory we have lost several starters due to grades, maybe the most significant one was Byarly, our to be starting QB prior to the '05 season.

Rick

I don't know what their academic standards are, but If they are anything like the schools in La. we are always going to be at a disadvantage. I think that most of the schools in La. just require that you be able to chew gum and walk at the same time in order to get in.

Edited by SilverEagle