2008 Starting Lineups

UNT Mean Green

2008 OFFENSE

QB: Giovanni Vizza, Daniel Meager, Eric Johnson, Riley Dodge (Redshirt), Nathan Tune

RB: Micah Mosely, Cam Montgomery, Lance Dunbar (Fr)

LT OUTSIDE WR: Casey Fitzgerald, Sam Dibbrell, Marcus King

LT SLOT: BJ Lewis, Korey Washington, Evan Walker

RT SLOT: Brock Stickler, Sam Roberson, Willie Taylor (Fr)

RT OUTSIDE WR: Evan Fentriss (Fr), Breece Johnson, Riley Dodge (Redshirt)

OL: Kelvin Drake, Matt Menard, Esteban Santiago, Jacob Kaiser, Robert Peachy, Matt Tomlinson, JJ Johnson

2008 DEFENSE

DE: Eddrick Gilmore,

DT: Joesph Miller, Jesse DeSoto

DT: Isaac Thomas, Jordan Scoggins

DE: Kyle Russo, Charlie Brown

OLB: Craig Robertson, Sam Owusu-Hemeng

MLB: Marauese Davis, Justin Padron

OLB: AJ Penson, Colt Mahan

CB: Antoine Bush, Kevin Ealey, Evyn Roman

FS: Kartey Agbottah, Darrien Williams (Fr)

SS: Greg Garden, Bron Hager

CB: Dominique Green, Latif Nurudeen

Edited by UNT Mean Green

I can't see Riley Dodge not starting/playing for this team next year at QB or WR.

I don't think this kid decomitted from UT to sit on North Texas' bench. The fact that he will be in school in January is all the more reason why he will not be redshirted. I'm also sure he will attend classes this summer. By the projections of some, if he redshirted next year he would be just a few hours from graduation.

You market your high profile recruits (while they are hot) to other top notch recruits. You also don't redshirt kids if they are better than the guys playing. Unfortunately, we don't have a UT or OU program where the entire class should redshirt.

As the season continues to play out, it obvious that we need an influx of better talent in all areas. Your pitch to other top recruits is that you should expect PT right away. Also unlike OU & UT, we may have to find a few Juco's to help close the gap sooner. We shouldn't be expected to wait 4 years for a winning product. Though redshirting helps the kid and the program, we don't have that luxury.

Lastly, a Riley Dodge lead QB attracts more fans from the great city of Southlake and makes it easier to land the

big ugly's up front.

I think Sam Roberson will overtake Brock Stickler next year.. Nothing against Stickler, he has good hands and has come up with some big plays for us, but Roberson might be the best athlete we have on our team just not many people have had a chance to see him showcase his skills yet..

I was not certain on a couple of those WR predictions whether or not guys were inside or outside receivers. Sam Roberson does look like a stud though doesn't he? So does Marcus King. We've seen Evan Fentriss in action in the spring game. With him and Casey next year as a 1-2 punch we ought to be in great shape!

I don't think this kid decomitted from UT to sit on North Texas' bench. The fact that he will be in school in January is all the more reason why he will not be redshirted. I'm also sure he will attend classes this summer. By the projections of some, if he redshirted next year he would be just a few hours from graduation.

You market your high profile recruits (while they are hot) to other top notch recruits. You also don't redshirt kids if they are better than the guys playing. Unfortunately, we don't have a UT or OU program where the entire class should redshirt.

As the season continues to play out, it obvious that we need an influx of better talent in all areas. Your pitch to other top recruits is that you should expect PT right away. Also unlike OU & UT, we may have to find a few Juco's to help close the gap sooner. We shouldn't be expected to wait 4 years for a winning product. Though redshirting helps the kid and the program, we don't have that luxury.

Lastly, a Riley Dodge lead QB attracts more fans from the great city of Southlake and makes it easier to land the

big ugly's up front.

If it's such a foregone conclusion that Riley will start his freshman season then why did we even play Vizza this year?

Vizza will continue to improve this season. He will continue to bond with other players and develop his leadership roles more and more. Unless Riley is just head and shoulders above Vizza, which I don't think he could be fresh out of HS and with Vizza having a season of college football under him, then it would be absolutely idiotic to start from zero next season and begin developing yet another true freshman QB.

If Riley were to play as a true freshman me thinks it will be as a WR although he may very throw some balls from that position.

QB - Giovanni Vizza

TB - Cam Montgomery

WR - Evan Fentriss

WR - Casey Fitzgerald

WR - Brock Stickler

WR - Korey Washington

OT - Matthew Menard

OT - Matt Tomlinson

OG - Esteban Santiago

OG - Tyler Bailey

C - Kelvin Drake

DE - Eddrick Gilmore

DT - Joseph Miller

DT - Isaac Thomas

DE - Sam Owusu-Heming

OLB - Craig Robertson

MLB - A.J. Penson

OLB - Colt Mahan

CB - Dominique Green

CB - Antoine Bush

FS - Greg Garden

SS - Kartay Agbottah

Guest GrayEagleOne

QB - Giovanni Vizza

TB - Cam Montgomery

WR - Evan Fentriss

WR - Casey Fitzgerald

WR - Brock Stickler

WR - Korey Washington

OT - Matthew Menard

OT - Matt Tomlinson

OG - Esteban Santiago

OG - Tyler Bailey

C - Kelvin Drake

DE - Eddrick Gilmore

DT - Joseph Miller

DT - Isaac Thomas

DE - Sam Owusu-Heming

OLB - Craig Robertson

MLB - A.J. Penson

OLB - Colt Mahan

CB - Dominique Green

CB - Antoine Bush

FS - Greg Garden

SS - Kartay Agbottah

Substitute Micah Mosley for Cam Montgomery at RB and I'm totally with you. If there is a position change, possibly Jordan Scoggins could break through at DE in place of Owusu-Hemeng.

2008 OFFENSE

QB: Giovanni Vizza, Daniel Meager, Eric Johnson, Riley Dodge (Redshirt), Nathan Tune

RB: Micah Mosely, Cam Montgomery, Lance Dunbar (Fr)

LT OUTSIDE WR: Casey Fitzgerald, Sam Dibbrell, Marcus King

LT SLOT: BJ Lewis, Korey Washington, Evan Walker

RT SLOT: Brock Stickler, Sam Roberson, Willie Taylor (Fr)

RT OUTSIDE WR: Evan Fentriss (Fr), Breece Johnson, Riley Dodge (Redshirt)

OL: Kelvin Drake, Matt Menard, Esteban Santiago, Jacob Kaiser, Robert Peachy, Matt Tomlinson, JJ Johnson

2008 DEFENSE

DE: Eddrick Gilmore,

DT: Joesph Miller, Jesse DeSoto

DT: Isaac Thomas, Jordan Scoggins

DE: Kyle Russo, Charlie Brown

OLB: Craig Robertson, Sam Owusu-Hemeng

MLB: Marauese Davis, Justin Padron

OLB: AJ Penson, Colt Mahan

CB: Antoine Bush, Kevin Ealey, Evyn Roman

FS: Kartey Agbottah, Darrien Williams (Fr)

SS: Greg Garden, Bron Hager

CB: Dominique Green, Latif Nurudeen

I noticed that Dunbar is third in the district with a 6+ YPC average, but who is that against? I think he hasn't done too well against tough competition. I'm a bit concerned about this recruit.

I noticed that Dunbar is third in the district with a 6+ YPC average, but who is that against? I think he hasn't done too well against tough competition. I'm a bit concerned about this recruit.

He'll be fine. He doesn't have much talent surrounding him, with apologies to any Haltom supporters.

QB Vizza, Meager

RB Moseley, Montgomery

WR Fentress, Lewis

WR Strickler, Robertson

WR Fitzgerald, Johnson

WR Washington, Dibrell

OT Peachy, Tomlinson

OG Bailey, Rose

C Drake, Johnson

OG Santiago, Banks

OT Menard, Kaiser

DE Owussu-Heming, Davenport

DT Miller, Scoggins

NT Thomas, Desoto

DE Gilmore, Rexrode

LB Pension, Davis

MLB Robertson, Padron

LB Mahon, Dawson

CB Bush, Roman

S Agbottah, Williams

S Garden, Hager

CB Green, Nurudeen

I would not be surprised to see a number of jucos come in on the defensive side. I predict that TD will have more player turnover then he is projecting and he will have a handful of transfers come in as 2007 recruits plus a full slate of 23 to 25 players in 2008.