No Respect

Huff

We were watching the six o'clock news tonight on Channel 11. During the sports segment they showed pictures from the SMU vs Tech game. The sports guy said to one of his friends on the set "the bad news is that SMU did not beat Tech today. The good news is they get North Texas next week". This crap will continue until we beat somebody. Next Saturday would be a great time to start.

They have the most lam coverage of sports of all the channels. I did not respect Babe Laufenburg when he was in the NFL (he was a joke), and I respect him even less as a sports guy. I know he was not the one that said it, but he is the face of their sports department. When the Dodge Era reaches its peak, and it will be a high one, you won't here that kind of disrespect.

We were watching the six o'clock news tonight on Channel 11. During the sports segment they showed pictures from the SMU vs Tech game. The sports guy said to one of his friends on the set "the bad news is that SMU did not beat Tech today. The good news is they get North Texas next week". This crap will continue until we beat somebody. Next Saturday would be a great time to start.

Why would be the recipient of any football respect in the first place? We've won 5 games in two years and none this season yet.

Again, DD's first 3 years with mostly players he did not recruit he went 3 & 8, 2 & 9 and 3 & 8 while he had his 1'st above .500 season in his fifth year in Denton.

I know most coaches (as in most jobs) a new employee gets some semblance of a honeymoon period. We all want early success for our school especially in light of all the national publicity we received upon the hiring of Todd Dodge, but TDodge may have to endure his own 2 (or 3) seasons of time to get the kind of players that will fit in his system (just as DD had to endure the same).

Granted, we are in the "micro-wave oven" era of college football where we all want instant success. My bet is that that will begin next year as far as what we call Dodge Ball-style offense will begin because our coach will now actually have a full year to recruit which he did not his 1'st year in MG Country. And won't he probably want to add 2 or 3 key JUCO's to his young team in his 2'nd season)?

IMHO.........4-5 wins this year will be a bonus using the last 2 previous seasons as a barometer and with the (apparent) continued improvement of the Sun Belt Conference (and I thought 4-5 wins in 2007 for TDodge not long after we hired him).

Lest we forget, this is not the same Sun Belt that we marched thru its first 5 years of operation just like Stonewall Jackson marched thru Atlanta. We have seen our league improve (UT 21 Ark St. 13 just last Sat) to the point that we've only been able to put 5 wins in the record books our last 2 years. This is what TDodge knew he was inheriting when he took our job, and I think he will handle this initial adversity like few others we could have hired.

I defer to the below signature...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Bleep the haters!

Yeah Laufenberg was an awful QB in the NFL, when he was the backup for Aikman when he was out injured in the early 90's Laufenberg lost the last game of the season and the Cowboys didnt make the playoffs...They played a weak Atlanta Falcons team in Dallas that year....He didnt deserve to be on that team whatsoever, especially with all of the talent they possessed.

Again, DD's first 3 years with mostly players he did not recruit he went 3 & 8, 2 & 9 and 3 & 8 while he had his 1'st above .500 season in his fifth year in Denton.

I know most coaches (as in most jobs) a new employee gets some semblance of a honeymoon period. We all want early success for our school especially in light of all the national publicity we received upon the hiring of Todd Dodge, but TDodge may have to endure his own 2 (or 3) seasons of time to get the kind of players that will fit in his system (just as DD had to endure the same).

Granted, we are in the "micro-wave oven" era of college football where we all want instant success. My bet is that that will begin next year as far as what we call Dodge Ball-style offense will begin because our coach will now actually have a full year to recruit which he did not his 1'st year in MG Country. And won't he probably want to add 2 or 3 key JUCO's to his young team in his 2'nd season)?

IMHO.........4-5 wins this year will be a bonus using the last 2 previous seasons as a barometer and with the (apparent) continued improvement of the Sun Belt Conference (and I thought 4-5 wins in 2007 for TDodge not long after we hired him).

Lest we forget, this is not the same Sun Belt that we marched thru its first 5 years of operation just like Stonewall Jackson marched thru Atlanta. We have seen our league improve (UT 21 Ark St. 13 just last Sat) to the point that we've only been able to put 5 wins in the record books our last 2 years. This is what TDodge knew he was inheriting when he took our job, and I think he will handle this initial adversity like few others we could have hired.

I defer to the below signature...

Stonewall Jackson marched through Atlanta? Pretty neat trick since he died 2 years before at the Battle of Chancellorsville in VA. How about "Bloody Billy Sherman" who vowed grass will never grow where his army had trod. He spares Savannah because he has a girl friend there. He offers the City of Charleston to Abe as a Christmas present. This man was the epitomy of the term "DAMN YANKEE". Get your history straight Plumm!!!!