Blurb In Dmn

Mad Hatter

Dodge and UNT staff teach Football 101 clinic

08:47 PM CDT on Wednesday, August 1, 2007

By BRETT VITO / Denton Record-Chronicle

DENTON – UNT will host Football 101, its annual clinic for women, at 6 p.m. today at the Mean Green Athletic Center. New UNT coach Todd Dodge and his assistants will speak on the basics of the game. UNT players will appear at the event, at which cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served. The cost is $20 at the door.

I went with illuvius' gal and we had a great time. There were about 125-150 there, a much bigger turn out that I would have thought. We got a pink t-shirt and a car flag and some other goodies from State Farm who was the sponsor for the event. Coach Dodge spoke and did a Q&A with his wife about the upcoming season and team as well as their personal life. There was a players pannel with some very good questions asked such as "Why did you choose North Texas?" The answers ranged from "It was close to home" to "They were the only school that really took interest in me and treated me really well on my recruiting visit" to "I was shown around by Andrew Smith." We were given a quick tutorial on offense and defense, but it was very basic stuff. It was a very lively crowd with plenty to drink! They players were awesome and seemed to have a great relationship with Coach Dodge already. Coach Dodge was asked about how he was preparing his team for the OU game and his response was, "I don't know how to coach an underdog team. This is not a bodybag game, this is an opportunity game." So I am very excited about this season. See you all at the BBQ!

I went with illuvius' gal and we had a great time. There were about 125-150 there, a much bigger turn out that I would have thought. We got a pink t-shirt and a car flag and some other goodies from State Farm who was the sponsor for the event. Coach Dodge spoke and did a Q&A with his wife about the upcoming season and team as well as their personal life. There was a players pannel with some very good questions asked such as "Why did you choose North Texas?" The answers ranged from "It was close to home" to "They were the only school that really took interest in me and treated me really well on my recruiting visit" to "I was shown around by Andrew Smith." We were given a quick tutorial on offense and defense, but it was very basic stuff. It was a very lively crowd with plenty to drink! They players were awesome and seemed to have a great relationship with Coach Dodge already. Coach Dodge was asked about how he was preparing his team for the OU game and his response was, "I don't know how to coach an underdog team. This is not a bodybag game, this is an opportunity game." So I am very excited about this season. See you all at the BBQ!

Zeke and I are lucky, lucky guys.

There was a players pannel with some very good questions asked such as "Why did you choose North Texas?" The answers ranged from "It was close to home" to "They were the only school that really took interest in me and treated me really well on my recruiting visit" to "I was shown around by Andrew Smith."

Hit a soft spot in me.