Ideas To Get Em' In 30 Minutes B4 Kick-off ?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try this.

Have a drawing before kickoff for all registered students (is there any other kind ?) and give away free tuition equal to the number of hours the winning student is taking the previous semester. Or up to 12 hours for a new, but not previous student.

Then have the same drawing sometime late in the 4th quarter. It wouldn't help with alums, but all students should feel a need to be in attendance and stay until the end. Maybe a random drawing during the middle of the game.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

how about we get FFR, Plumm, GG, Adler, and a few more of the Mean Green faithful to go around

in a golf cart and start kicking the living crap out of any and everyone that is in the parking lot

5 minutes before the game.

Disclaimer: Women and children CAN be exluded, its up to the discretion of the ass kicker.

I think a community/university wide promotional about the need to pack the stadium by kickoff including special prizes given away at exactly 10 minutes before kickoff. People can claim their prizes at half-time, but the ticket numbers should be announced before kickoff. There should be banners in the parking lot advertising the campaign, along with a big screen and sound system blaring it out in the parking lot before the game. It should also be promoted heavily with all of the student organizations and dorms.

I think a promotional video should be created and given to each residence hall and student organization about this new direction that the football program is taking under Dodge. Maybe they could play it in the common areas and at their meetings to get the word out and build momentum. It could also be given to the Exes for their meetings and copies given to all faculty and staff.

The thing is that once something like this catches on (as any tradition), it creates a life of its own. Once fans discover how exciting it is to be at the stadium early and start building the intensity for the game, they won't want to be anywhere else 30 minutes before kickoff.

how about we get FFR, Plumm, GG, Adler, and a few more of the Mean Green faithful to go around

in a golf cart and start kicking the living crap out of any and everyone that is in the parking lot

5 minutes before the game.

Disclaimer: Women and children CAN be exluded, its up to the discretion of the ass kicker.

:lol:

I have actually thought of gettting on top one of those coach's tower set-ups with my Peavy sound system 45 minutes before kick-off & just start reading all my posts of the last umpteen years non-stop. Might that get em' in 40 minutes before kick-off? :o:huh::P

JP, that had me chuckling... :lol:

PMG, (through bullhorn amplified by Peavey): "HELLSBELLS!! THE GAME IS STARTING!!! YET....HERE A HARDY HANDFUL SIT...LIKE MY DEAR SAINTED MOTHER ONCE SAID (in that Texas way she had...but I digress...) ANYWAY, SHE WOULD SAY: "DON'T JUST STAND THERE WITH YOUR TEETH IN YOUR MOUTH! GET MOVIN', MARVIN!!"

Correct answer?....we've already done it. We hired a Head Football coach that will employ an entertaining brand of football. Look no further than the spring game for proof---the stands were almost full before the first play b/c fans actually were AFRAID to miss the action on the field.

PMG, (through bullhorn amplified by Peavey): "HELLSBELLS!! THE GAME IS STARTING!!! YET....HERE A HARDY HANDFUL SIT...LIKE MY DEAR SAINTED MOTHER ONCE SAID (in that Texas way she had...but I digress...) ANYWAY, SHE WOULD SAY: "DON'T JUST STAND THERE WITH YOUR TEETH IN YOUR MOUTH! GET MOVIN', MARVIN!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

Extra credit for using "Hellsbells". At one point we used to have a "Green Grenade II post generator". I think a PMG post generator would also be hilarious. For that matter a quoner one would be terrific. Who did that? Was it John Denver?

JP, that had me chuckling... :lol:

LOL!!!!

Use the sound systems set up for the bands and stuff to play a pre-recorded CD with a lighter version of the music that will be played just before kickoff on the stadium PA/Jumbotron (ie ACDC Thunderstruck but slowly build up the tempo) with occational reminders by a good PA/Announcer voice saying stuff like "30 minutes to..... (drum roll along w/ the music) Game Time!" etc... etc... so we count down to kick off and get all of their bratwurst-n-beer full guts out of their chairs and into their seats. It would work.

Edited by gruu

Campaign-type buttons or T-shirts distributed at Freshmen Orientation and Pre-Game Tail-Gate area that says something like this (or similar):

I'm A Fouts Early Bird Who...

Brings Out The Mean Green!

See Ya' B-4 Kick-Off Time! :) (with a green smilie, of course)

PS: Posters, what would your button or T-shirt say?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I don't know how many schools do this--surely there are a few, and I believe UH do/did--but I think it might be cool to have an air raid/tornado siren at Fouts.

Wind that sucker up 30 minutes before kickoff, and right before the band plays as the MG hit the field when the game starts.

I don't know how many schools do this--surely there are a few, and I believe UH do/did--but I think it might be cool to have an air raid/tornado siren at Fouts.

Wind that sucker up 30 minutes before kickoff, and right before the band plays as the MG hit the field when the game starts.

They still do, and it's pretty cool. They get it going before kick off and they do it after each score. Actually a pretty interesting story on it's origin (especially as a Sigma Chi alum myself):

The Blaze

Head Football Coach Jack Pardee, Heisman Trophy Winning Quarterback Andre Ware, and former Quarterback David Dacus felt the University lacked a symbol for the football team. An oil field siren was chosen to represent the University's ties to the petroleum industry and the "air-raid" style of offense at the time. A group of students, all members of Sigma Chi Fraternity, manned a manual crank siren that sounded after each score. In the summer of 1991, David Carl Blazek, a staunch supporter of the University and member of Sigma Chi Fraternity, passed away. His death was a blow to the original men who ran the siren. They named the siren "The Blaze" in honor of their fallen brother. In the of Fall 1991, through the efforts of the "H" Association, the Taxi Squad, Pleas Doyle and the Hruska Family, the purchase of a new siren was complete. However, the siren did not arrive until the day before Homecoming. To this day, every time that The Blaze is sounded, the University hears the voice of David Carl Blazek.

Edited by Eagle1855

The only way to make people come into the games is to make it more fun than getting drunk in the parking lot. And sadly, it hasn't been. And even more sadly :blink: I dont think TD is going to change that too much.

For a sure fire way to get fans into the games click HERE

But those genius ideas were rejected. Apathy has set in and the improvement rollercoaster is coming to a halt. :cry:

I dont think TD is going to change that too much.

Man, I couldn't disagree more. I think Dodge's teams--once the recruiting is up to snuff--are going to kick much ass. :lol: That will put butts in seats.

Edited by LongJim

I usually walk into the stadium 10 minutes before kick-off, get a couple hot dogs and a coke, and sit down with 6 minutes to spare. The way to get people in earlier is to make it a pain in the butt to wait to the last minute... and the way to do that is to sell a lot of tickets... and the way to do that is to win.

1. Thirty minutes before game time, second-and third-string players are worked into a frenzy and then sent into the lot. Each lineman and RB grabs a lot lagger under each arm (QB, WR's, secondary, and kickers only have to get one each) and physically carries the victims into the stadium.

2. Twenty minutes before game time, portable Jumbotrons start showing the lot laggers a continuous loop of our offensive highlights from last year's MTSU game.

3. Ten minutes before game time, Boomer starts lobbing live, exploding shells over the student seats and into the lot.

The only way to make people come into the games is to make it more fun than getting drunk in the parking lot. And sadly, it hasn't been. And even more sadly :blink: I dont think TD is going to change that too much.

For a sure fire way to get fans into the games click HERE

But those genius ideas were rejected. Apathy has set in and the improvement rollercoaster is coming to a halt. :cry:

I apologize, Daddy --------, as this was sort of an over-lapping thread, but after we get thru all the silly stuff :rolleyes: , I thought some very specific ideas on how we truly get the UNT student masses into Fouts early enough to even sing the national anthem & Glory to the Green would be submitted. Who knows which UNT official will be reading this thread today since we know many do at some time or another (which they should do anyway since folks like us are "somewhat" the stock-holders of the University of North Texas).

In the real business world, stock-holders are those who have the largest interest in said business --no matter how much stock they have invested in said business matter of fact. Obviously, they don't run the business, but they do have a voice & vested interest (and at times have been known to have some semblance of influence as well).

I think we all mostly agree that posters on www.GoMeanGreen already have a handle on the subject of getting into the stadium early from past year's observation.

Yet how many times have the Green Brigade marched into a way too empty stadium (with too many UNT students/MG fans still tail-gating out in the parking lots) as our great marching band plays The Star Spangled Banner and Glory to the Green ? Having sat by greenjoe in past years, I know he'd like to hear many more around him singing both songs than myself (and he as well). :blink::lol:

Another idea: For the 1'st home game which would also (hopefully) set a precedent for all following home games in the new Dodge Ball Era, have a very, very nice UNT student give-away that students must be in the stands to receive said give-away (if his/her name is picked in a random drawing).

We will undoubtedly be setting another UNT Freshmen Class enrollment record this Fall and in fact, when is the last time we didn't do that? :thumbsup::clapping:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Isaac Newton referred to it as his Third Law of Physics, which states that every action in this universe brings an equal and opposite reaction

We should never try to force the tailgaters to enter the stadium on our schedule. That is our agenda, not theirs.

If the stadium starts getting more packed in the next few seasons, the laws of supply and demand will take hold. The students will want to enter early before all the good seats are gone.

Let's look at it from their point of view. You're 21 or 22 years old, it's 40 minutes till kickoff, there's a long-ass line qued at the student entrance, you're flirting with Sally Sweetknees, it's 100 degrees outside, and there's a cold beer sitting there calling your name. What are you going to do? You probably will only enter then if you are convinced that you are going to get stuck with seats hat suck if you wait.