What Happened?

Does anyone know what happened or what was going on August 4, 2005 to get 224 members on GMG.com?

That intrigues me that we had that many people on.

I could be wrong, but I think that's when Hurricane Katrina hit.

Does anyone know what happened or what was going on August 4, 2005 to get 224 members on GMG.com?

That intrigues me that we had that many people on.

My guess would be one of the three.

1. Dr. Pohl had recently announced his resignation.

2. The New Turf was going in and we were curiously guessing on what would be painted at the center of the new surface.

2. Also, at around the same time DD was in a squable over assistant coaches salaries with the AD dept. Katrina later hit and postponed our opener with LSU. Once it was finalized that NT, ULM and LSU had made an agreement to rearrange the schedules so that North Texas and LSU could make that game up later that year DD nearly snapped because he had expected the money we would earn from that game to mythically fall from the sky, eliminating NT from having to play the Tigers that same season.

Just a guess.

Rick

Guest GrayEagleOne

My guess is that's the opening day of fall practice. That is often a busy day with loads of people, especially out-of-towners, trying to find out if there were any that were expected back but didn't return.