New Nt Football Plays

Since all the football publications coming this year will have the same report on

how bad the NT Offense was last year, that NT has only a few quality players, and

especially- no proven QB. If you were the NT offensive coordinator, just completed

15 practices, and have seen how the current players perform-what new sure fire

plays would you design, pesonell changes, ideas that you would recommend?

Mine are:

1. Put Woody in at running back, and/or wide out--for the half back pass/wide receiver

pass option plays, and wide out reverse plays.

2. Have a "jumbo" receiver set, with all the NT receivers that are 6-4,6-5, in a stacked

formation at the line of scrimage, especially in goal line situations.

Any other armchair QB's got any ideas?

I ran this once on NCAA, saved the replay, watched it over and over again, then my wife came in a caught me.

Dude I run this everytime I have 3rd-n-long on NCAA and it works everytime. The safety bites on the outside receiver cutting in, the corner follows the receivers shallow slant, and the inside receiver is wide open up the sideline. Oh man I cant wait to play this tonight. :geek:

What!!! No more "FB Left...FB Right...FB Up the Middle...Punt"

I appologize. I probably opened some old wounds for some of us. Dickey-ball is dead.

LONG LIVE DODGE-BALL.

(Till UT wants to hire him away and we already have a lot of publicity, a growing program, and can get another high profile coach)

---A draw play on 3rd and 47 is usually good for 5 or 10 yards. I remember seeing that done last year. I suppose the coach was expecting 3 or 4 unsportmanlike calls or face masks calls on the play which would earn another ""Mean Green first down."

I would run a flea flicker with Korey Washington...wasn't he a QB in highschool? He could either throw the ball, or if it is not open just run it.

Seriously, hopefully we do have a trick play or two. The third and long draw was BORING!

I would run a flea flicker with Korey Washington...wasn't he a QB in highschool? He could either throw the ball, or if it is not open just run it.

Seriously, hopefully we do have a trick play or two. The third and long draw was BORING!

UTEP has a WR/QB named Lorne Sam. Played QB in high school, recruited to Fl State to play WR. His most consistent contributions are at WR, but he's a factor in the QB rotation...big time. Check out the first play in this highlight vid from last year's UTEP/Tech game. A double reverse to Sam (he starts the play at the top of the screen), he then tosses an easy TD. Warning DD-lovers, sensory overload:

Hb5aK9Novsg

Edited by greenminer