Ncaa Tournament Run?

chrisfisher

Given the multi 3 star class JJ recruited this season (McCoy, McCoy, Thompson), plus the now playing Collin Dennis, and the returing Wooden and Williams, anyone care to predict our chances to the big dance? I'll go with a big "Hell Yes!"

Given the multi 3 star class JJ recruited this season (McCoy, McCoy, Thompson), plus the now playing Collin Dennis, and the returing Wooden and Williams, anyone care to predict our chances to the big dance? I'll go with a big "Hell Yes!"

I'll go with a big "the talent is there." Midseason I'll change my answer to a big "Who brought the lynch mob?", around conference tourney time I'll change it to a big "You guys are giving me tired head with this 'fold' crap" and by the end of it all I'll probably have a big "I told you so...just like this year."

Edited by emmitt01

This team definitely has the talent to give it another run in the 07-08 season. But that has been the case for the past several years. Hopefully our coaches and players learned what it took this year to pull it together and win the games that count at the end of the season. It would be nice to see 20+ D1 wins and a regular season title, as well.

We did have 20 D1 wins.

I guess I should have said "20+ D1 regular season wins and a regular season title, as well", but that seemed a little redundant. Suppose I'll have to start doing stuff like that though to shake my "hater" title bestowed upon me by the kids.

Basically, I want UNT to be in a position to play in a tournament without having to win the conference championship. Non D1 games and 3rd place division finishes don't do that. The team did what it had to do last season, now let's see them take it up a notch.

I don't disagree with you e-bone, but the Belt as a whole hasn't gotten an at large selection in about a decade I believe(feel free to check, I'm not sure). Unless a non power conference school has some wins over the Big Boys(and when I say Big Boys, I mean top 25 Big Boys, not just average Power league schools), they're more than likely not gonna get an at large selection. There is of course the chance the league suddenly jumps up the rankings, and we can get two bids like the CAA or something.

Other than that it's pretty much win the conference tournament 20 wins or not.

Edited by CMJ

I mentioned I would like to see us be in a position to play in a tournament, not just the tournament. Winning the regular season championship will get us into the NIT. Winning the regular season championship and having a good non conference record against D1 opponents will get us into the bubble team debate. Make it or not, at least give yourself the chance.

Think I'll wait on declaring the start of a basketball dynasty at NT. The Belt wasn't exactly a strong conference in '06-'07 & we didn't even win our division.

Who said dynasty? We're just dreaming about going dancing again next year.

e-bone: I thought there was a new rule allowing any team that won their regular season title but lost in the conference tournament was granted an invitation to the NCAA? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.