My One Complaint

UNTLifer

Not one shot of North Texas fans. Just a bunch of middle-aged, overweight, pork BBQ eating Memphis fans.

There was one shot of some students on the first row (pit crew?) early in the game, then a couple shots of the NT crowd from behind and up high, going into a timeout.

I wouldn't say we were as consistently loud as Memphis fans. We did get a few moments where we were - but their fans did a better job of spurring the team on. In that 1st half run which put us down 9, it was HEAVILY influenced by their fans.

We did seem to have a good crowd there based on the footage CBS showed.

Edited by CMJ

The North Texas crowd was on its feet the whole game. You didn't hear much from the Memphis crowd early in the game when we had the lead, but they definitely helped to charge up their team when they were on a roll.

On the whole, I thought North Texas was well represent today both on the court and in the stands.

Not one shot of North Texas fans. Just a bunch of middle-aged, overweight, pork BBQ eating Memphis fans.

Classy.

All of our lower level tickets went to player families and then down the donor chart. All of the tickets on the floor in camera range that went to donors went to 500K ambassadors or 25K per year donors. Just putting a little perspective on our fan base. We have plenty of younger fans but those middle aged people tend to have a higher net worth and position in the donor hierarchy than the younger fans do.

I'll take our "middle-aged, overweight, pork BBQ eating" fan base and the 6.8M in total contributions they gave last year over the 2.6M your fan base drummed up.

Classy.

All of our lower level tickets went to player families and then down the donor chart. All of the tickets on the floor in camera range that went to donors went to 500K ambassadors or 25K per year donors. Just putting a little perspective on our fan base. We have plenty of younger fans but those middle aged people tend to have a higher net worth and position in the donor hierarchy than the younger fans do.

I'll take our "middle-aged, overweight, pork BBQ eating" fan base and the 6.8M in total contributions they gave last year over the 2.6M your fan base drummed up.

Didn't mean to hurt any feelings. I've been referred to as "slightly overweight, middle aged, BBQ BEEF or pork eating North Texas fan." I wear that title with pride, especially the North Texas fan part.

Didn't mean to hurt any feelings. I've been referred to as "slightly overweight, middle aged, BBQ BEEF or pork eating North Texas fan." I wear that title with pride, especially the North Texas fan part.

No kidding...sounds like someone is a little sensitive about their weight. ...the poster was just being descriptive.

Give me any kind of barbeque and you can call me fat...I won't mind. Geez...

Edited by JayDub

Well, I was right in the middle of of the middle-aged, overweight, beef BBQ eating North Texas fans. I had a pretty accurate crowd assessment even though it was complicated by all three of the other teams having fans wearing blue.

Memphis had more fans there than anybody. The Memphis allotment sections were filled with their fans and there were lots of Memphis fans mixed into the general seating areas. They have a strong following and will absolutely dominate the crowd for Sunday's game.

North Texas had the second largest crowd. Our allotment sections were full and there were pockets of Mean Green fans scattered throughout the arena. Not bad, but not overly impressive considering that we're a 33,000 student school only 8 hours away.

Nevada was third. They sold their allotment but not much else.

Creighton appeared to have sold it's ticket allotment.

Memphis should worry about their next game and not about a comment from NT fan. I don't see anyone here bashing the Memphis' team or anyone being mad about losing. Of course we are dissapointed, but say we are mad is misguided. Congrats on the win and enjoy your tourney run. You will probably have to get by A&M and Ohio St.

Edited by scotty474