15 Seed In New Orleans

MeanMag

Of course, that is just someone's guess as to what will happen. Only the committee knows for sure.

And not that they (the committee) would remember....but the Sun Belt champ (S Bama) had to play Florida in the opening round last year. So maybe they wouldn't want to have the SBC champ against Florida two years in a row??

For no apparent reason, I'm predicting that we will play Kansas in Chicago.

---I am hope we are a 14 seed because that would likely give us a good chance for as upset. 16's have never won and 15's rarely do. I would not shocked if we get paired up against the Aggies.... Not predicting it exactly but it looks very possible.

---We looked quick and VERY aggressive... We missed a lot of shots that should have been made and the free-throw shooting was awful. Even rebounding could have been better as we had our hands on the ball at times but did not control it. Add all this to Davis on the bench and you begin to wonder what could happen if everything went our way (good shooting, free-throws, more secure rebounds and Davis available) The announcer's George Mason comment could come true.

---There may be more Texas teams in this tournament than ever before... North Texas is in and Texas and the Aggies are slam dunks to get in. The Southland should be a Texas team which is four. Tech looks like a stretch but could sneak in with a good Big XII tournament. Our Texas CUSA teams look hopeless with Memphis there and the rest have records that can't get in without winning the tournament which looks impossible. TCU has won one tournament game (last night) but it should end there with BYU next. Texas Southern isn't very good but their whole conference is pretty bad so who knows.

--Should be a fun year for Texans... there has been a lot of years that we had no-one, even Arkansas would win the SWC and no one else would make it.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

--Should be a fun year for Texans...

Hey, we agree on something! :D

I really think its great so many teams from the state could be in the tournament!

Regarding New Orleans, that would be a PERFECT scenario for the Mean Green fans. I'd be there in a heartbeat, and it looks like tickets are still available. Not so, for most of the other locations.

How ironic it would be if we play A&M or Kansas. In A&M you have the head coach who did not get the North Texas job, and in Kansas you have an assistant coach who Helwig ran off from NT.