La Monroe Anticipation Thread

CMJ

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope the nttv guys broadcast it. After our little greek week thing last night, I went into my dorm and they had the game on. Surprisingly, there were a lot of people on campus who watched it. (including at the phi kap house, where we had practice). Quality broadcast by Bryan St John and crew

I don't think any games are on TV till the semi finals.

You can however pay the SBC 9.99 and get all the games streaming on your computer.

--Campus students could watch it on TV???

That should never happen unless it was nearly a sell out.... that cuts into attendence.

A radio broadcast is ok.... Not TV for locals when we need butts in seats.

Want to explain that a little bit? How many students would you say were there rather than in the Super Pit?

Rick

as a former greek and IFC member, I would be disappointed if an effort wasn't made to suspend Greek Week practices (if thats what this was) for a couple hours to get all the greeks out to the last home game of the season, as well as the first game in the conference tournament... Ive been to many greek week practices... that is definitely something that could have been postponed.

I also dont want this to turn into a "lets bash the greeks thread". they represent a very small % of the university population as a whole and are among the most involved- if not THE most involved- student groups on campus. I just think someone dropped the ball on this if there was no push to be at the game

there had to be at least 1000-2000 people at the greek week thing. I wanted to jet at 730 but i didnt want to look like an ass, so it was done around 830. A few of my brothers went (one skipped out on the greek week thing) but other than that everyone was at houses. I agree the Greeks need to step it up in their support of athletics

i hope the nttv guys broadcast it. After our little greek week thing last night, I went into my dorm and they had the game on. Surprisingly, there were a lot of people on campus who watched it. (including at the phi kap house, where we had practice). Quality broadcast by Bryan St John and crew

NTTV won't be able to broadcast any tournament games because we currently can only broadcast games from the Pit. We appreciate the kind words, it was our last UNT basketball broadcast of the year (we're doing the Heartland Conference Tournament at the Pit Friday and Saturday), so we wanted to make sure it was really quality stuff...

Just wanted to address some of the concerns people seem to be having. Athletics does not advertise the fact that UNT home games are broadcasted on NTTV at all, and we (NTTV) don't either. We have a promo running that says we cover all North Texas home games, but that's it. I don't think our basketball viewers make an "appointment" to sit down and watch the game on NTTV; nearly everyone I talk to who has seen a game on NTTV saw it because they were channel surfing and came across it. So it appears that the people who watch our coverage weren't going to the game in the first place. That's the Athletic Department's problem to get those butts in their seats.

Interestingly enough, after talking to the people who broadcast WKU's basketball games, our sports director said that WKU's attendance numbers actually went up after their basketball coverage began.

Broadcasting the UNT basketball games live is also a valuable teaching tool for the students who come through NTTV. Our ability to broadcast live puts our volunteers and students in the same high-pressure situations they'll likely face in "the real world." Believe me, if the Athletic Department felt that we were cutting their basketball attendance in the least bit, they would tell us to stop broadcasting them.

But anyways...I hope our boys light up the Cajundome during the tourney!

Mark, any chance you can add a score/time/shot clock bug on the internet broadcast?

I believe you're talking about the internet video that the Athletic Department streams online. That's handled by an entirely different crew that is operated by the Athletic Department. I'm not quite sure who you need to talk to about getting that, sorry!

I believe you're talking about the internet video that the Athletic Department streams online. That's handled by an entirely different crew that is operated by the Athletic Department. I'm not quite sure who you need to talk to about getting that, sorry!

Ok so the game feed is all 1 group of cameramen, but the graphics are done by 2 different crews? Are the announcers the same or different?

Ok so the game feed is all 1 group of cameramen, but the graphics are done by 2 different crews? Are the announcers the same or different?

There are two groups of cameramen shooting at the UNT games, Mean Green Video and NTTV. Mean Green Video's content goes on the big screen in the SuperPit and out to the Internet, too (I'm assuming, I haven't actually watched a game online). NTTV's content goes on NTTV, and is not broadcast on the internet.

I don't believe there are announcers or graphics for the Internet feed.

There are two groups of cameramen shooting at the UNT games, Mean Green Video and NTTV. Mean Green Video's content goes on the big screen in the SuperPit and out to the Internet, too (I'm assuming, I haven't actually watched a game online). NTTV's content goes on NTTV, and is not broadcast on the internet.

I don't believe there are announcers or graphics for the Internet feed.

My guess is it is the crew that also does the screens on the scoreboard in the Pit. The audio comes straight from KNTU or KWRD. Still, a scoreboard/clock bug would be fantastic.

You guys are plain silly.

Those Greek Week activities have been planned for months. This basketball game was only scheduled late Saturday evening.

This season just wasn't so successful that everyone would drop all other previously scheduled engagements. It's a nice thought, but it's not going to happen that way.

And, if anything, this highlights what an integral part of university support that the Greeks play. Although they are such a small percentage of the student population, their absence is notable when they have other obligations.

It may be important to us that the Greeks attend the athletic events, but, it's even more inportant that they support the activities that help the Greek system on campus prosper.

Those Greek Week activities have been planned for months. This basketball game was only scheduled late Saturday evening.

This season just wasn't so successful that everyone would drop all other previously scheduled engagements. It's a nice thought, but it's not going to happen that way.

And, if anything, this highlights what an integral part of university support that the Greeks play. Although they are such a small percentage of the student population, their absence is notable when they have other obligations.

It may be important to us that the Greeks attend the athletic events, but, it's even more inportant that they support the activities that help the Greek system on campus prosper.

---Well there is another reason the non-Greeks have little respect for Greeks at times. It nearly always seems that is all about you and and your group and not the university you attend. I have no idea what your activity was but I notice it wasn't explained. I wasn't a Greek, could not afford it really, but my daughter was when she attended NT and my sons joined at another university and one finished at UNT but did not join the UNT branch because he did not think his personality fit in with the NT group after he attended a couple of meetings. I am sure I am not talking about all members -- but as a group yawl messed up. It also partially explains why membership is so small in frats as it was when I was student ...attitude... not so much true with the females..

---For what it is worth yawl were not the only ones that failed to show... attendence is far worse than it was 30-40 years ago.... with a college enrollment of about 1/2 the size. . Is it Greek week at Texas? that game was packed (on TV). If you want your degree to be respected show repect to your university and help improve its image and attend university functions... we get widespread criticism in Texas because of the apathy shown to athletic events... you will learn after graduation if you don't already know.

UNT-66

From my hometown" HPC vs McMurry (girls basketball... last weekend:. Both colleges have about or less than 1500.

Howard Payne Lady Jackets prevailed 49-40 over No. 10 McMurry to claim the American Southwest Conference women's basketball championship on Sunday afternoon in front of 3,850 fans at Brownwood Coliseum

This really makes us look bad....... 3850

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---Well there is another reason the non-Greeks have little respect for Greeks at times. It nearly always seems that is all about you and and your group and not the university you attend. I have no idea what your activity was but I notice it wasn't explained. I wasn't a Greek, could not afford it really, but my daughter was when she attended NT and my sons joined at another university and one finished at UNT but did not join the UNT branch because he did not think his personality fit in with the NT group after he attended a couple of meetings. I am sure I am not talking about all members -- but as a group yawl messed up. It also partially explains why membership is so small in frats as it was when I was student ...attitude... not so much true with the females..

---For what it is worth yawl were not the only ones that failed to show... attendence is far worse than it was 30-40 years ago.... with a college enrollment of about 1/2 the size. . Is it Greek week at Texas? that game was packed (on TV). If you want your degree to be respected show repect to your university and help improve its image and attend university functions... we get widespread criticism in Texas because of the apathy shown to athletic events... you will learn after graduation if you don't already know.

UNT-66

The people that get involved in campus activities and organizations and actually make an emotional attachment to the university are not the issue. Many of those people stay involved as alumni, season ticket holders, and financial contributors for the university.

It's the enormous apathetic faction that treats the university as merely an educational appliance that is, and always has been, our El Guapo at North Texas. Those are the twenty-something thousand students on campus that refused to attend the basketball game on Wednesday even though they didn't have anything else planned that evening.

The people that get involved in campus activities and organizations and actually make an emotional attachment to the university are not the issue. Many of those people stay involved as alumni, season ticket holders, and financial contributors for the university.

It's the enormous apathetic faction that treats the university as merely an educational appliance that is, and always has been, our El Guapo at North Texas. Those are the twenty-something thousand students on campus that refused to attend the basketball game on Wednesday even though they didn't have anything else planned that evening.

---I agree with you on most points ...BUT... if yawl are going to claim to be the leaders and spirit leader of the university that yawl should show up... You didn't..... Therefore don't claim you are the leaders then..... You are not leading anything.... I wasn't Greek and neither were several of my friends and we DID show up when we were there and still do some when we can.

.... Don't TELL me you are the leaders....... SHOW it...... By the way there are other organizations besides Greeks, you have an over-inflated sense of importance, you claimed to be a very small group and there is a reason for it........ The other students and organizaations (dorms groups for example) need to step up as well ..... We will never be considered on the level with other I-AA colleges in Texas by the public in general until students show support and Alums as well..... Some people just don't get it..... They gripe about the lack of respect but then do nothing to improve the situation.

UNT vs ULL --- 2,778 --- (tournament game)

____

Last night ---we were once in a conference with these guys--- None of these are at large as we are.

Memphis vs UTEP (Texas) ... over 11,066 attendence.... In El Paso, not Memphis (reg.season game)

NMSU vs. LaTech 7,912... at NMSU (reg season game)

Nevada at Utah St. .... 10,270 ..... at Utah State and they upset Nevada

______

Care to guess why UTEP is in CUSA and not us ?????????

Care to guess why UTEP is in CUSA and not us ?????????

because of the greek system?

just a joke... I agree, attendance is a big factor, which is why as a former NT greek I am annoyed to see that everyone wasn't encouraged to postpone practice. My question is, was it greek week practice, or was it the actual greek week functions? The original poster stated it was practice- which is easily moved. If it was the actual greek week itself, it is a much more difficult thing to reschedule as people plan their work and study schedule around those events and the dates for greek week are planned back in the beginning of the fall semester. In that case, they may not have been able to move it or plan on the off chance that we actually had a first round SBC game at home, as Adler stated. Either way, I would have liked to see them rearrange the schedule and make a huge showing. Would have been nice to have all the fraternities and sororities out in full-force. I personally think Greek Week is stupid, but whatever.

Again, there were 30k other students that didnt make it to that game, so I encourage everyone to look elsewhere in your search for a scapegoat.

Edited by Eagle1855

After spending 5 wonderful years in the Greek world...I can tell you that going to the UNT Basketball game (especially a tourney game) is ten times more important than Greek Week. I can tell you if I was still on exect in my chapter they would have been at the game.

I truly believe that athletics is the key to school pride and school recognition. You want people to respect your school...you better start getting behind athletics in full force. I doubt A&M, Tech and Texas Greek weeks get in the way of there school athletics for a regular season game...much less a tourney game.

Edited by CoachD.