Scout.com Showing Unt Some Love?

Will to Win

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=353&p=9&c=4&yr=2007

Cam Montgomery, Is this our First 4 star recruit?

Scout school rankings:

101 Florida International

102 Nevada

103 Louisiana-Monroe

104 UNLV

105 UAB

106 Wyoming

107 Western Michigan

108 Tulane

109 Florida Atlantic

110 Northern Illinois

111 North Texas

112 Ohio

113 Central Michigan

114 Louisiana-Lafayette

115 Buffalo

t116. New Mexico State

t116. Utah State

Scout school rankings:

102 Nevada

103 Louisiana-Monroe

104 UNLV

105 UAB

106 Wyoming

107 Western Michigan

108 Tulane

109 Florida Atlantic

110 Northern Illinois

111 North Texas

112 Ohio

113 Central Michigan

114 Louisiana-Lafayette

115 Buffalo

t116. New Mexico State

t116. Utah State

I don't understand your reply. Is this our first 4-star recruit?

Scout school rankings:

102 Nevada

103 Louisiana-Monroe

104 UNLV

105 UAB

106 Wyoming

107 Western Michigan

108 Tulane

109 Florida Atlantic

110 Northern Illinois

111 North Texas

112 Ohio

113 Central Michigan

114 Louisiana-Lafayette

115 Buffalo

t116. New Mexico State

t116. Utah State

MGW, I was focusing more on the fact that Scout usually downgrades a recruit when alligned with UNT (They loose a star). Well, we got a 4 star. That's pretty sweet! I transferred to UNT in 03, have we had a 4 star prospect wear green & white in recent years (before 2003)?

MGW, I was focusing more on the fact that Scout usually downgrades a recruit when alligned with UNT (They loose a star). Well, we got a 4 star. That's pretty sweet! I transferred to UNT in 03, have we had a 4 star prospect wear green & white in recent years (before 2003)?

Does Scout use a looser standard when doling out stars than other rankings? In any event, I agree that it's nice to see as many stars as possible. As I've always said, "Me likey stars."

The 4-star is listed, but NOT included in our totals yet. Scout FINALLY listed it today after some e-mail help from a Muts fan with a contact there. They still haven't really rated many of our players & still have them with their opening 1-star rating. What is this thing you call love ?

so, have we had a 4 star recruit before 2003? Yes or No? Who? Thanks MeanGreen61.

There is only one way to get some love from the Rivals of the world - you gotta whup some butt that the big shots respect.

Rivals and the BCS crowd adhere to a concept you see in sports all the time: perception is reality. A batter gets a pitch called a ball because the ump respects the hitter's knowledge of the strike zone. A pitcher gets a strike call because the ump respects the pitcher's control. A basketball player gets a foul call because the ref's respects his talent. Never mind whether it was actually a ball, or a strike, or a foul. The call is influenced by the perception.

Todd Dodge's past victories have begun to earn him some collegiate respect - you see it in the increased media coverage and the attitude expressed by writers like Kevin Sherrington. But for UNT to get over the hump, it has to bloody the nose of a respected program.

TCU and Boise State have gotten there, and I believe that Todd Dodge will earn UNT that respect.

The only stat or star or whatever that matter are the stats and stars that appear in the Fall after each game. May we have stars then and we get wins.

Let us hope for improvement this Fall and the Falls after that..

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I believe Michael Ruff (2001 or 2002 recruit... Harry would remember better) was a 4 star that was downgraded to a 3 star when he got to NT. That kid ran a legitimate 4.3 - 40 or better and was amazing. He would have been an incredible RB for us, but he had a 10-cent head. Watching that kid torch the fastest players on our team was amazing! I wish it would have worked out for him here.

Oh well, some things in life were simply not meant to be..

"Failure is not the only punishment for laziness; there is also the success of others".

Jules Renard

(1864 - 1910)

GMG!!!

What is "it"?

Glass if half empty?

Have you been drinking?

If you try real hard, I faith in you that you can figure out what noun "it" was referring too. Drinking? You answered a thread about our first 4 star recruit with a random fact that was not asked for nor required. Perhaps you should consider putting down the bottle.