We Got A Qb!

gangrene

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked this quote: "Randy Rodgers, a former University of Texas coach who scouts high school players for more than 60 Division I-A colleges, rates Vizza as the state's No. 1 uncommitted quarterback." Of course, that says nothing about where he ranks among the committed quarterbacks, but Coach Dodge did not have much of a chance with them...this year.

Of course, many on GMG.com would recall that Randy Rogers also had a son who played at UNT, ie, Jeff Rogers.

Just how many other Texas HS QB's would rank ahead of Vizza would be many of our questions, right? Vizza making DC'sTHSF magazine's first team (if its the one I think the poster is talking about) is not too shabby, either.

UNT facilties? For those who think they have us by the short-hairs with that subject out there in the recruiting wars here is Todd Dodge's quote about those facilities: "They're just really not that bad." Seems Coach Dodge and staff have had no problem selling what we already have and what we will have in the very near future, either. I think most of us have made a bigger deal about Fouts than those who actually play on its turf. :rolleyes:

We should not forget the fact that our MG footballl players will be spending most of their time at the ultra-modern and (still) new'ish Mean Green Village. Wonder if our recruiting competition care to mention that aspect to kids they are trying to take away from Todd Dodge, his staff and................Mean Green Country? :)

I'm telling you, folks, all this is exceeding many of our expectations in this the first few weeks on the UNT payroll for Todd Dodge and his staff. We have to all do our part best each of us can. In fact, aren't Todd Dodge and his staff most subtlely and in an indirect sort of way telling all of us: "We are doing our part--are you doing your part?"

Many of us will do our part as each of our incomes allow, but we need many new faces/new fans coming on board, too, and that is where those who get paid on campus to bring in that group must do some tweakin' and do some things different than in the past.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Wow, a very big pickup. Dodge is going beyond what I could've ever expected. Jesus Christ this is mind blowing. Redshirting him to get 5 years out of him may not be a bad idea.

Now, if we can land that stud LB from Gilmer, I'd be a walking wad blower until next football season. I need to stock up on clean undies!!!!!

:blink::)

Edited by Got5onIt

I mentioned this in another post, but do you think we could get the band to play the first few bars of the Godfather Theme song everytime Giovani takes the field? I don't think any other school uses that musinc.

---Most Italians as individuals do not like to be identified with the Mafia and would not consider that funny.... That might fly like a lead balloon.

This is good, this is good! Vizza will really force our current QBs to square up their games in practice. I also have to say that Dodge is absolutely killing it at recruiting this year. He's already brought on incredible talent in just a short time, I'm looking forward to what he can do with a successful football season, a bowl win, SBC ring, and a full recruiting season.

I mentioned this in another post, but do you think we could get the band to play the first few bars of the Godfather Theme song everytime Giovani takes the field? I don't think any other school uses that musinc.

Only if they'll also play the Super Mario Bros. theme song whenever Jamario makes a big run.

This is UNBE-FREAKEN-LIEVEABLE. Way to go Dodge!!!

More on Vizza, our DCTF Offensive Player of the year:

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&...hange_well_id=2

Verbal Commitments 2007: Vizza opts for UNT; OSU gets North Garland WR

His stock rising after leading San Antonio Alamo Heights to the 4A DI state championship, QB Giovanni Vizza couldn't pass on the opportunity to remain in Texas.

"Giovanni called coach (Todd) Dodge last night to inform him that he thought playing in the state and playing for coach Dodge was the right fit for him personally," Giovanni's father, Matt, said via e-mail. "Being the first recruited QB by coach Dodge and the chance to build something very unique at UNT were some of the positive factors."

Vizza (6-2, 170) is the 12th pledge in a rapidly growing UNT class. He turned down offers from Army, Air Force, Nevada, and Rice and will reunite with teammate Sam Dibrell, a WR also pledged to UNT.

This is already turning into a great era for UNT football. There has never been this much excitement around recruiting and never been this many highly rated recruits under the leadership of DD. Its amazing how coach Dodge so late in the game can go after a top recruit that he wants and get him and Dickey couldn't because he had the worst facilities in D1A football and the fans never supported him...

If this is a done deal, why is rivals saying he is a solid verbal for UN?

Because rivals is way behind. We've got commitments from guys who don't even list up as a candidate.

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&...hange_well_id=2

Verbal Commitments 2007: Vizza opts for UNT; OSU gets North Garland WR

hanyiamart.jpgpixel.gifAnyiam is the second from North Garland to commit -- both to out of state programs.

His stock rising after leading San Antonio Alamo Heights to the 4A DI state championship, QB Giovanni Vizza couldn't pass on the opportunity to remain in Texas.

"Giovanni called coach (Todd) Dodge last night to inform him that he thought playing in the state and playing for coach Dodge was the right fit for him personally," Giovanni's father, Matt, said via e-mail. "Being the first recruited QB by coach Dodge and the chance to build something very unique at UNT were some of the positive factors." Vizza (6-2, 170) is the 12th pledge in a rapidly growing UNT class. He turned down offers from Army, Air Force, Nevada, and Rice and will reunite with teammate Sam Dibrell, a WR also pledged to UNT.