Unbelievable -- Texas is getting pounded by winter weather, meanwhile the mid-Atlantic was (until yesterday) basking in 70 degree spring-like weather. This global warming thing is confusing.

----This is not really due global warming.. It seems everyone wants to blame every variation or oddity on global warming (or Gore as I heard or radio today, they were not exactly joking, they were stating there was no such thing, today was proof supposedly ) .

----Those who doubt it exists need to look pictures of glaziers token 40-80 years ago (includes Glazier National Park which now has very few) and see how much they of them has disappeared and a good look at he Arctic Ice pack and Antarctic regions... The only argument is why?? It is a natural occurrence that have changed things or is man causing is and how..??

----There are nuts on both side of the fence.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----This is not really due global warming.. It seems everyone wants to blame every variation or oddity on global warming (or Gore as I heard or radio today, they were not exactly joking, they were stating there was no such thing, today was proof supposedly ) .

Yeah, I was just making a joke. My point is, I like the springtime weather we've had up here whatever its cause. ;)

This is a time when I am glad I'm not living in Texas.

Arkansas is slated to get some decent snowfall this weekend. We'll see how things are on Monday. Meanwhile, I think it got above freezing today here in NW Ark.

PS. How can you call this global warming if Texas has frozen over?

Global warming? Maybe...maybe not.

There's definitely something going on with the Earth's weather patterns. The jetstreams just aren't as defined as they used to be...weather phenomena is becoming extreme...areas of the world that don't normally get certain types of phenomena are getting it.

Not sure what's going on...but there's definitely something.

Global warming? Maybe...maybe not.

There's definitely something going on with the Earth's weather patterns. The jetstreams just aren't as defined as they used to be...weather phenomena is becoming extreme...areas of the world that don't normally get certain types of phenomena are getting it.

Not sure what's going on...but there's definitely something.

Exactly---(not sure what is going on) I have been around a while and we have a history of wide variations. I was a kid during the 50's and most of oak trees on our farm/ranch died (almost no rain) and I never even saw snow until I was in 6th grade... then after that we had snow every year (several times) for several years. Weather does vary a lot with crazy periods of wetness, dryness, and temperature swings.

----Global warming is sort of tough to argue against though-----a quick look at glacier pictures taken 60-100 years ago and also of polar caps indicate that a lot of what was there is now gone..... Now comes the big question..... are we causing it or is it something that naturally occurs from time to time or can we even do anything about it?. Glacier National Park is now even a questionable name... there aren't very many any more and the ones there get smaller all the time. .

----The weather guys in Midland looked like dumbies this week .... the problem was the temp stayed at 32-33 while it rained a lot and there was no ice until early Saturday morning. At that point it finally froze up and live oak trees (includes mine some) took a beating with several limbs breaking. Did not last long. It is nice today again (40's, Sunday)

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66