North Texas

MeanGreen61

THREAD - North Texas

http://209.200.248.16/~natex2/forum/vB/sho...ead.php?t=14353

Todd Dodge is a proven winner, on the HS level, but will be faced with a tough task @ UNT in athletic match-ups. The Sun Belt Conference shouldn't be an overly tough Conference to compete in, but the end goals are BCS Bowl/National Championships.

As far as UNT looks, now...

They will graduate 18 Seniors, and return a bottom heavy R-Freshmen/Freshmen and R-Sophmore/Sophmore class, of 55. QB-Daniel Meager, RB-Jamario Thomas and leading WR-Brandon Jackson return, whcih should give Todd some comfort. Outside of that, the entire program needs a face-lift, having scored only 154 pts, in 12 games.

What would I do and/or see Todd doing?

I'd work more with my youth. Next year is a learning process, for most of the players. Period. Everyone in the universe knows he's bringing the "Spread Offense" to UNT.

My projection, for 2007...

Spread Offense

QB - Daniel Meager (Jr/6'2 205) (Leading passer)

RB - Jamario Thomas (Sr/5'11 210) (Leading rusher)

WR - Korey Washington (So/5'10 190)

WR - Brock Stickler (Jr/6'3 220)

WR/TE - David Collins (So/6'4 220) Optional Pckg.

WR - Brandon Jackson (Sr/6'1 210) (2nd leading Reciever)

TE/WR - Bryant Seidle (So/6'3 240) Optional Pckg.

LOT - Jeremy Brown (Sr/6'5 310)

ROT - Adam Venegas (Sr/6'3 290)

LOG - Ajani Banks (So/6'3 325)

ROG - Chris Eidd (So/6'3 310)

C - Tyler Bailey (So/6'2 280)

Short-yardage/Goal line pckg = FB - Ryan Davenport (Jr/6'2 235)

Convert BACK to a 4-3 Defense. (Also run 5-2 out of pckg, dropping Brandon Moore or Maurice Holman on the line, as Primary Pass Rushers.)

DT - Joseph Miller (Jr/6'3 280)

DT - Montey Stevenson (Sr/6'2 290)

DE - Jeremiah Chapman (Sr/6'4 245) (5th leading tckler)

DE - Derek Mendoza (Sr/6'2 240) (Converted LB)

SLB - Brandon Moore (Sr/6'2 240)

MLB - Tobe Nwigwe (So/6'2 240)

WLB - Maurice Holman (Sr/6'1 225) (2nd leading tckler)

CB - Aaron Weathers (Sr/5'11 200)

CB - Antoine Bush (So/5'11 180)

SS - Germaine Dawson (Jr/6'1 210) (Converted LB) (3rd leading tckler)

FS - Colt Mahan (Sr/6'1 200) (Converted LB) (4th leading tckler)

DB/AP - Roy Loren (Sr/6'2 205) Utlity/Nickel-back + Special Teams (Speedy athlete that will see plenty of PT time.)

In closing...

Out of these starters, 12 players will return for the 2008 season, and assuming Todd has a solid recruiting class - next year - the future will become brighter, sooner.

THREAD - North Texas

Convert BACK to a 4-3 Defense. (Also run 5-2 out of pckg, dropping Brandon Moore or Maurice Holman on the line, as Primary Pass Rushers.)

DB/AP - Roy Loren (Sr/6'2 205) Utlity/Nickel-back + Special Teams (Speedy athlete that will see plenty of PT time.)

In closing...

Out of these starters, 12 players will return for the 2008 season, and assuming Todd has a solid recruiting class - next year - the future will become brighter, sooner.

Wow, if that were to come true..that is definitely a plan to get the best 11 athletes on the field at all times. And doesn't even take into account Gilmore (who should be able to be a very nice speed rusher).

A very interesting plan indeed.

THREAD - North Texas

Todd Dodge is a proven winner, on the HS level, but will be faced with a tough task @ UNT in athletic match-ups. The Sun Belt Conference shouldn't be an overly tough Conference to compete in, but the end goals are BCS Bowl/National Championships.

As far as UNT looks, now...

They will graduate 18 Seniors, and return a bottom heavy R-Freshmen/Freshmen and R-Sophmore/Sophmore class, of 55. QB-Daniel Meager, RB-Jamario Thomas and leading WR-Brandon Jackson return, whcih should give Todd some comfort. Outside of that, the entire program needs a face-lift, having scored only 154 pts, in 12 games.

What would I do and/or see Todd doing?

I'd work more with my youth. Next year is a learning process, for most of the players. Period. Everyone in the universe knows he's bringing the "Spread Offense" to UNT.

My projection, for 2007...

Spread Offense

QB - Daniel Meager (Jr/6'2 205) (Leading passer)

RB - Jamario Thomas (Sr/5'11 210) (Leading rusher)

WR - Korey Washington (So/5'10 190)

WR - Brock Stickler (Jr/6'3 220)

WR/TE - David Collins (So/6'4 220) Optional Pckg.

WR - Brandon Jackson (Sr/6'1 210) (2nd leading Reciever)

TE/WR - Bryant Seidle (So/6'3 240) Optional Pckg.

LOT - Jeremy Brown (Sr/6'5 310)

ROT - Adam Venegas (Sr/6'3 290)

LOG - Ajani Banks (So/6'3 325)

ROG - Chris Eidd (So/6'3 310)

C - Tyler Bailey (So/6'2 280)

Short-yardage/Goal line pckg = FB - Ryan Davenport (Jr/6'2 235)

In closing...

This guy is speaking out of his A$$. He has no clue.

Edited by GreenBat

This guy is speaking out of his A$$. He has no clue.

On which part? On moving folks around to get the best athletes on the field? On moving Mendza ( who's a step slow for LB) to DE, to help out that disaster of a position?

Or moving folks who are a few pounds shy of a LB to FS/SS; to help out that disaster of a position?

Please help, as I am struggling with the football insight of your opinion.

I see Woody Wilson as being more of the type QB TD uses. In effect his QB is a rusher...look ats Rileys run stats last year. He has the speed, mobility that Meager lacks and is a pretty good passer. He just didn't fit DD's scheme...

don't forget that Chase Daniel rushed for 1500 yards his junior and senior seasons under coach dodge as well

I see Woody Wilson as being more of the type QB TD uses. In effect his QB is a rusher...look ats Rileys run stats last year. He has the speed, mobility that Meager lacks and is a pretty good passer. He just didn't fit DD's scheme...

I am far from a Meager backer, but I think that Meager has a decent set of wheels on him. He isn't Woody, but he isn't Phillips either. I would like to see Tune get a good look, but I think Todge will go with experience in the end. I would put it as a race between Wilson and Meager, with Tune being the dark horse candidate.

I am far from a Meager backer, but I think that Meager has a decent set of wheels on him. He isn't Woody, but he isn't Phillips either. I would like to see Tune get a good look, but I think Todge will go with experience in the end. I would put it as a race between Wilson and Meager, with Tune being the dark horse candidate.

Meager runs a reported 4.48 40 according to his rivals recruiting profile.. Also I believe Tune was originally a running back during his freshman and sophmore seasons at celina, so he knows alittle about running with the football

Phillips seemed to be the one who could come up with the big throws during the season tho, I always felt most comfortable last season when phillips was in.. (but thats not really saying much)

Edited by Keith7

On which part? On moving folks around to get the best athletes on the field? On moving Mendza ( who's a step slow for LB) to DE, to help out that disaster of a position?

Or moving folks who are a few pounds shy of a LB to FS/SS; to help out that disaster of a position?

Please help, as I am struggling with the football insight of your opinion.

Look at the offensive side of the ball.

No Rose on the OL.

No Fitzgerald at receiver.

Where's`Charley Brown at TE.

No Glass on the OL.

Why Washington at receiver, he had No catches last year.

I agree NT need to have the best athletes on the field, but he didn't even have the best kids listed.

No Rose on the OL.

No Glass on the OL.

I agree NT need to have the best athletes on the field, but he didn't even have the best kids listed.

I'm with you there. The OL will look nothing like that season. I know at least 2 green team linemen will get in on the starting group. Until the spring game when the talent DD wasted on the bench gets out on the field and shows why they should have started last year no one really knows who is going to start. I wouldn't put anyones job as secure just because they have the most starts at the position.

No Rose on the OL.

No Glass on the OL.

Maybe he did list the best kids. I would say at best that we don't know. As far as Rose: At best he's got potential but was stuck in a bad system. At worst he was just another member of a really bad O-line.

Until he takes a hit, we will not know the exact nature of Charlie Brown's recovery. Can you really pencil in someone who didn't play last year, and doesn't really have a positon in the TD offense?

At receiver, its a crap shoot at best. The only proven receiver is preparing for the NFL. Everyone else is gonna have to win a job, I don't think the number of catches you had (in a DD offense) will really impress TD either way.

One thing about getting a new coach: everyone will have to earn their job. I truly doubt that anyone (from rushing champ to incoming freshman) will have a shot to earn a starting position. No one's in the dog house, yet.

No Muzzy at WR and no Steve Warren at Safety? And don't forget the most important position on the field, Truman Spencer as the Punter. As always the rule: You can't spell PUNT without "UNT".

Rick

Where did Steve Warren go? Wasn't he only a sophomore?

Hopefully the kicker Woodward will be able to step in immediately.