Feista Bowl

NT03

Early lead 7 -0

These David and Goliath comments are making me puke !!!! Just because these announcers don't follow college football enough & know nothing about the Broncos , doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

** Fiesta :ph34r:

Edited by NT03

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know so many people wer thinking OU would stomp Boise. Boise has beaten 4 teams with Bowl wins this year. Not to mention a mud hole stompin' on Oregon St. who beat USC.

Your dead on , but there is not 1 OU fan that I've talked to since the matchup was announced that thought that Boise even deserved to be on the same field as the Sooners.

If Boise goes on to win, anything less than a final #2 poll ranking would be a slap in the face.

Rick Villareal, Todd Dodge and the UNT New Stadium Committee Visit A Texas Fortune 500 Chief Executive Officer:

Texas Fortune 500 CEO: I've enjoyed meeting all of you, but doesn't your football program only compete for SBC football championships and New Orleans Bowl berths, right? :(

UNT Response: Yes sir, in deed we do just that, but we have (along with the hiring of former UTexas QB and the coach of the USA Today national champion Southlake Carroll HS football team, ie, new Mean Green Coach Todd Dodge, have added a new addendum to our football mission statement that says: Henceforth, Mean Green football will use as a model for our own football program's success programs such as Utah and Boise State (of which BTW, Mr. CEO, the Mean Green has an all time football series record of 3 W's and 3 L's versus the Broncos); also, UNT will annually shoot for Top 25 rankings and (like Utah and BSU) have as a Mean Green football goal to be participants in BCS Championship Series bowls. Mr. CEO, we feel UNT because of its boom enrollment growth which has been projected by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to be well over 40,000 at our main campus in the near future as well as UNT's location in one of the fastest growing Cities/Counties in the entire USA has all the necessary ingrediants to reach all the aforementioned goals.

Texas Fortune 500 CEO: If such lofty goals as that are now where you want to take your Mean Green football program, then our company would like to make a rather sizable investment toward the football venue you all have (most impressively) showed me today in the virtual tour video with such a new stadium which your video portrays and will help your school reach those kind of lofty new goals you have set . Hey! Myrtlee, get the company check book out will ya'! :blink: Sorry, guys, I know I'm supposed to be a bit more professional than that but you guys have gotten me pretty gol' darn excited about all this you have going on up in Denton--please forgive. :rolleyes:

We have to have our dreams, now don't we? :)

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Your dead on , but there is not 1 OU fan that I've talked to since the matchup was announced that thought that Boise even deserved to be on the same field as the Sooners.

If Boise goes on to win, anything less than a final #2 poll ranking would be a slap in the face.

Abso-freakin-lutely!

This announcer , Charles Davis , is a freaking moron!!!!

I was able to stand him for awhile , then he goes on for a minute or so about how Notre Dame's last bowl win was way back in 1994. He said the Irish broke out the green jersey's in the Sugar bowl vs. Florida ????? HUH ????

WTF is he talking about ???? Last time Notre Dame won a bowl game was in 1994 , yes. But it was vs. Texas A & M in the Cotton Bowl !!! But hey what do I know I was only at that game.

Edited by NT03

This announcer , Charles Davis , is a freaking moron!!!!

Correct, in fact their last TWO bowl victories were against A&M in the Cotton Bowl, 93 & 94.

And he goes on at the end of the half: "Watch as Boise State leaves the field... Watch as Boise State leaves the field..."

And then they don't even show it. Duh.

I bet you 3/4 of the Oklahoma homers don't even know what conference Boise is in, and expected to run all over them. I usually root for teams in the south, even though Oklahoma isn't necessarily a prototypical south state to me, but a few fans I talked to, and responses I read on different message boards in different threads made me root for BSU.

Go Orange and Blue!

Playing a little ahead of the game here ... but if (big 'if' I know) Boise scores here, OU has a tough comeback ahead of them.

Edit: Well, they just scored a denfensive TD, so OU is hurting now.

Edited by UNTFan23