Possible Sales Pitches For Dodge

unt88

What are some possible sales pitches that Daddy Dodge can use to get his son to play for the Mighty Mean Green...

Here are a few that I think would work-

1. rewrite the record books (not that hard here @ qb)

2. win consecutive championships (not a big one but many)

3. hey kid you can come here, play in 2 or three bowl games get your name out there and you will still go to the league. (well you won't get as much money but you should get a shot if the previously mentioned happens)

4. my favorite- Son if you come here with me and we do the previously mentioned they will name the stadium that we will build after our name (University of North Texas Dodge Bowl Stadium)

5. And finally if the before mentioned does not happed we will just go back to SLC and coach them together to many many championships..

What are some possible sales pitches that Daddy Dodge can use to get his son to play for the Mighty Mean Green...

Here are a few that I think would work-

1. rewrite the record books (not that hard here @ qb)

2. win consecutive championships (not a big one but many)

3. hey kid you can come here, play in 2 or three bowl games get your name out there and you will still go to the league. (well you won't get as much money but you should get a shot if the previously mentioned happens)

4. my favorite- Son if you come here with me and we do the previously mentioned they will name the stadium that we will build after our name (University of North Texas Dodge Bowl Stadium)

5. And finally if the before mentioned does not happed we will just go back to SLC and coach them together to many many championships..

Realistically, even if he didnt get a scholarship (which he would) , his Dad works for UNT = FREE TUITION

Riley Dodge sales pitches:

1. Hey Riley, you can still wear the green shirts you've had for the last four years.

2. You're close enough to Denton Ryan that you can scout them for your old high school.

3. You're Dad is a winner and is going to be here..., do you really want to play for SMU?

4. Go to UT...you're on the bench. OU...your're on the bench, A&M...no matter when you play you're a WR in the Pro's, but go to North Texas...you're proabably a starting QB and get all the women.

5. Hey Riley, think about this... "What happens in New Orleans..STAYS in New Orleans!"

GMG!!! :)

Am I the only one NOT obsessed with Riley Dodge?

Riley Dodge is a fine QB, and a great competitor, but he is not the only QB prospect out there. My concern is that some great prospect (dare I suggest possibly greater than Riley :rolleyes: ) might shy away from coming to North Texas because Riley is here, and he would perceive that the QB competition is not an open competition.

Riley Dodge is a fine QB, and a great competitor, but he is not the only QB prospect out there. My concern is that some great prospect (dare I suggest possibly greater than Riley :rolleyes: ) might shy away from coming to North Texas because Riley is here, and he would perceive that the QB competition is not an open competition.

No, you are far from alone.

Good point Bill.

I honestly think Riley will end up in the Big XII anyway, but having his Dad as a head coach does keep us somewhat in the running. As for the possiblilty of running off future prospects, I dont know that we dont have our next guy here already. Nathan Tune may just be as good as we could sign for TD's system. The question is what Riley gives us if he decides to come here. He is already experienced in this offense, and runs it very well. I watched his last two playoff games and the kid makes sound, quick decisions. If nothing else, that kid is also a serious competitor, and is a natural leader. If you watched their last game you saw Riley shouting at the defense from the sidelines to fire them up. He was obviously gassed in the fourth quarter, but wouldnt come out of the title game even while throwing up on the field. I know there are lots of other college recruiters who saw that performance and plugged Riley into their recruiting lists. I think most of us are going by what we have seen, and are impressed by Riley. I wonder if Tune and Phillips are going to do as well in the spread? There is no reason they cannot as they are both pocket passers, but Riley has his Dad's winning experience and attitude. Some of those things cannot be taught.

We will know soon enough if NT already has a QB who can pick up this offense. Remember also that Todd Dodge already has a scheme in mind. That generally suggests he would recruit offensive players from High schools that run a version of the spread. Control the learning curve, and success can come much earlier in a program. It will be interesting either way to see who is under center after this season.

Let's get this ball rolling...

GMG!!!

Do you guys actually believe that TD would not play the best player?? TD is here for one reason, win FB games. He will do that with the best players at each position. If Riley comes here and wins the QB job he will play, if not he will move him to WR or DB.

NT needs great athletes and competitors, and that is what Riley is.

Believe it or not Meager might be able to strive in TD's offense.

Riley signing will only keep QB's away that believe they do not have the ability to compete for the job, not the chance.

GO MEAN GREEN!!

No, you are not. He is small, a bit under-sized for Div I-A...

Its certain Riley will get full scholarship to a lot of bigger and better athletic programs out there. Will he take those over NT? I wouldnt be surprised and frankly he probably should. However the one thing he has going for him if he decided to come to NT is the system. Just look at Chase Daniel at Mizzou. He did so well this year because Mizzou changed their offense to TD's style. Riley wont miss a beat in the offense other than the fact that the players around him may not be as good. I dont know much about Riley other than he's TD's son and he just won a state title but i'm thinking if he's somewhat similar to Chase Daniel wouldnt Mizzou be in the hunt to recruit Riley? If i'm not mistaken Daniel will be a Junior next year and the offense will remain the same.

It seems like after watching the Carroll/Westlake game the other day, I saw a lot of Riley Dodge taking the opportunity to run when nothing opened up down field.

All that I hear about is Phillips and Meager. It seems to me that Woody Wilson might be the right QB for TD's system. Yeah? Nay?

-GMG!

I would like to see Wilson play 2 positions, QB and WR. This guy has speed and quickness, and

is a real threat in the open field. Coach Dodge likes mis-matches against defensive players. Wilson would certainly be a mis-match against any LB,Corner, or Safety. Add in his passing skills,

and you have a WR that can pass the ball too. Wilson needs to be on the field!

I would show Riley a picture of our cheerleader Caris and mention that there are 17,000 more of these beauties at UNT...

Wish they all could be North Texas girls

Not as good? Are you suggesting that the receivers and O-line at NT aren't as good as at Southlake Carroll?

No I am not saying that...however I am saying that the players around him at NT probably will not be as good as most of their competition. You need to have a good players around you to excel....especialliy a QB.

I didn't want to post a new topic, so I decided to post it here.

Here is a list of players close to Denton that are already committed. Could we steal a couple?

====================================================================================

DB Jonathan Clark 6'2 180 4.4 Arlington Seguin 06/06/06 Arizona State

WR Krys Buerck 5'10 175 4.7 Mesquite 05/08/06 Baylor

OL Hunter Hightower 6'5 260 -- Richardson Berkner 05/24/06 Baylor

WR Romie Blaylock 5'10 175 4.4 Cedar Hill 06/02/06 Baylor

OL Manaaki Vaitai 6'4 295 -- Euless Trinity 04/15/06 BYU

WR Chris Tuck 6'4 200 4.5 Dallas Hillcrest 05/22/06 Kansas

DT Chris Perry 6'3 315 5.2 Keller Fossil Ridge 06/05/06 Miami(FL)

QB Ryan Mallett 6'6 215 5.1 Texarkana Texas 04/26/06 Michigan

CB Jamell Fleming 5'11 187 4.5 Arlington Seguin 06/01/06 Oklahoma

QB William Norris 6'1 205 4.6 Plano Prestonwood 4/20/06 Rice

OL Josh LeRibeus 6'3 320 -- Richardson Berkner 05/20/06 SMU

RB Terrance Ganaway 6'0 200 4.6 DeKalb 05/25/06 SMU

DE Kris Gardner 6'1 225 4.7 Arl. Grace Prep 06/07/06 TCU

LB Keenan Robinson 6'3 215 --- Plano East 02/25/06 Texas

OL Kyle Hix 6'6 290 --- Aledo 02/25/06 Texas

OL Michael Huey 6'5 290 --- Kilgore 02/26/06 Texas

QB John Chiles 6'1 192 4.5 Mansfield Summit 03/25/06 Texas

WR Malcolm Williams 6'3 205 4.5 Garland 03/25/06 Texas

OL Tray Allen 6'5 290 5.3 South Grand Prairie 04/13/06 Texas

DT Michael Wilcoxon 6'2 260 4.8 Aledo 06/04/06 Texas

OL Blake Emert 6'5 270 -- Garland Sachse 04/19/06 Texas Tech

S Dorite Neal 5'11 190 4.4 Arlington Seguin Wisconsin

I see 3 secondary players from Arlington Seguin going to Oklahoma, Arizona State, and Wisconsin, that secondary must have been loaded. :blink:

Here is a list of players close to Denton that are already committed. Could we steal a couple?

====================================================================================

I see 3 secondary players from Arlington Seguin going to Oklahoma, Arizona State, and Wisconsin, that secondary must have been loaded. :blink:

I'll take those two for sure.

Guest GrayEagleOne

No, you are not. He is small, a bit under-sized for Div I-A...

Well, he is about the same size as one of my favorite NFL quarterbacks was in high school...Drew Brees. Drew has put on 15-20 pounds since then but he's still only 6-0.

I'm leaving the decision on Riley to Coach Dodge.

i am not a SLC fan but after watching the game on Saturday night, I am a fan of Riley's. The kid is a winner. I think that VY has proven that no matter the circumstances, you can't teach that type of attitude. (I should also insert here that I really really don't like UT) Too small? For UNT? rethink that one. we would take a midget if he could play. Sheer size will run the UT's, A&M's and OU's of the world off but not us. Plus, he might have the knock on him that he is a "system" quarterback. Fortunately for us, it's our system that he is a good quarterback in. I hope that we land him. Anybody that can puke right before the snap, rise up and throw a bomb for a touchdown can play for my team any day. It is going to be a competition between us and the SMU's of the world. Woody showed so much promise early in the year and then the knock on him the rest of the year is that he couldn't learn DD's offense. Now, I am not a football coach but I would be willing to bet that Dodge's system is a little more complicated. IF Woody has a shot at being the man this year, he better open up that playbook now and start studying.

I would love to see ANY of those guys come to NT but realistically why would they? These programs are in big and/or bigger conferences and you know they will get more exposure with those schools. The only exposure NT gets is when they lose to UT, OU etc like 56-7, 65-0 etc. Thats not good exposure. These days its not always if you can play me or not but where is a a more prestigous program and how much is a school willing to pay me to come there. Bottom line is that a players must be a complete moron to pass up the opportunity to play at UT, TT, OU etc etc to come to play at NT. I'm a UNT alum and a die hard fan but we ALL need to be realistic and think that these players wont be coming here anytime soon. Even Boise State as of right now arent getting primo recruits and they've had a fabulous run here the last few years and are playing in the Fiesta Bowl this year. If they are not getting primo recruits then how and why will NT get high end recruits? Please explain.

I would love to see ANY of those guys come to NT but realistically why would they? These programs are in big and/or bigger conferences and you know they will get more exposure with those schools. The only exposure NT gets is when they lose to UT, OU etc like 56-7, 65-0 etc. Thats not good exposure. These days its not always if you can play me or not but where is a a more prestigous program and how much is a school willing to pay me to come there. Bottom line is that a players must be a complete moron to pass up the opportunity to play at UT, TT, OU etc etc to come to play at NT. I'm a UNT alum and a die hard fan but we ALL need to be realistic and think that these players wont be coming here anytime soon. Even Boise State as of right now arent getting primo recruits and they've had a fabulous run here the last few years and are playing in the Fiesta Bowl this year. If they are not getting primo recruits then how and why will NT get high end recruits? Please explain.

I Think the draw for UNT is not playing for the BIG TIME school in the BIG TIME conference. It offers a shot to play. Some of those listed recruits WILL be Jevan Sneeds in twelve months. They will have been promised the moon and end up a fading star in someone elses tail lights. When that happens, their hopes for ever playing on Sunday will be gone. We can offer a legitimate shot. If a recruit sees a school pick up 7 or eight players at his position, he might be wise to consider a school from a smaller Div.I-A conference. Some of these kids we've seen the last few days from MTSU and Troy may have never seen playing time at Wisc., Neb., Tx., etc.