NICE !

Will to Win

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did well in the press conference, but I'll be a bit skeptical until he starts beating people. High school is not college, just like college is not the pros. And we've seen a ton of great college coaches flame out in the pros.

I'm really pulling for the guy though.

I thought he did an excellent job talking to the media. I also loved the part when asked "since you are getting a late start in recruiting, will you talk to your SLC seniors about NT??" and their was just silence.................

Great day to be a fan of the MEAN GREEN!!

Coaching the American Bowl can only help us in recruiting, don't you think.

I vote to let him coach the game.

Don't count on it, NCAA is pretty tough on these issues. The mere fact that he is not on staff until after Dec. 23 gives me a pretty good idea of whether he will be allowed to.

Did anyone ask him if his team were to lose this week, would he start sooner than the 23rd?

I thought he did an excellent job talking to the media.  I also loved the part when asked "since you are getting a late start in recruiting, will you talk to your SLC seniors about NT??"  and their was just silence.................

i caught that too, and waited for an answer, only to be thrown off by another ? and seemed like it was over.

THIS IS A GREAT DAY TO BE MEAN GREEN!!!

I DON'T WANT TO GO TO SLEEP.

i caught that too, and waited for an answer, only to be thrown off by another ? and seemed like it was over.

I was at the conference and RV told TD that he couldn't answer the all-star game question and when the bring your seniors question arose, he looked at RV and RV gave him the don't say a word look.

I thought he did an excellent job talking to the media.  I also loved the part when asked "since you are getting a late start in recruiting, will you talk to your SLC seniors about NT??"  and their was just silence.................

Actually, I think I heard someone sitting at the table, I think to his Dodge's left (couldn't see who it was) quietly say, "don't answer that."

I'm not sure if there could be any more media generated in one day than if Plummer was caught on tape streaking across the roof of the Super Pit holding up a signadmitting he was coming out of the closet.

Damn what a great day this was. One of my favorite parts of the press conference was the: "...we call it PUT THE BALL IN THE PAINT,.......The name of the game is to Score Points!....."

What a nice change of pace this should be. By the way, Channel 4 did a fairly good report on the reaction in Southlake about the news.

It's all GOOD, and all GREEN!

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

He sounds like the type of guy who really enjoys a good frito-pie.

I nominate this for bizarre post of the day. blink.gifwink.gif

As far as my $0.02, I am pulling for him 100% but I'm a bit leary as well. Being quite removed from the local area (Georgia/South Carolina), I'm not as familiar with him as most of you are. I know about his success at SLC, but also know there are many duties in college football that don't exist in high school (recruiting being the most obvious). I hope my concerns will prove unfounded.

The local sports talk radio station here (Greenville SC) had their college football expert on the phone this afternoon, and the host asked him if he had heard that NT had hired a high school coach. He hadn't. No mention of TD by name, just surprise at the HS hire. (I was just glad they didn't call us NTS!! rolleyes.gif )

I'm not concerned about the recruiting damage, since we don't pull many players from the Palmetto state, but you never know what potential donors throughout the country may have had a negative impression from hearing the cliff notes version of this news without knowing any details. Food for thought. unsure.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

Of course, it would be great to have nationwide acceptance but we all know that's not going to happen when "Division 1A" and "high school coach" are mentioned in the same sentence.

All I can say is, the enthusiasm and the publicity generated here will more than offset the "huhs?" generated in areas where Todd Dodge is an unknown. I think that you will see MGC membership increase, donor level increases, and increased season ticket sales. Those will primarily come from Texas, where Todd Dodge is a household word. It make take a year or two for those now in outlying areas to muster up a donation but I think that you will be very pleased with Coach Dodge's results.

I feel especially connected now. The football coach is from my birthplace and the basketball coach is from where I grew up.

Remember, the people that look down on this hire are the same time that crucify you for firing a coach that won 4 championships and had a heart attack. They are the same people that call you Northern Texas and use the old logos. These are the people that are generally unconcerned with our program and should have no opinion in the first place.