Dickey's Program?

Txballa

I would really like to know how Dickey ran his program and if he was truly committed to improvement of the team. Anyone who knows the answers to these questions please let me know and add opinions.

Workouts - I know many schools require their players to attend early morning workouts during the season to keep their strength during the season, and go through a very tough offseason.

Summertime - I've visited many team sites on rivals, and I know a lot of them such as Miami, Florida State, Clemson, USC, etc have pretty much mandatory workouts with their teams strength and conditioning coach.

Unity, Passion, Emotion - Did Dickey preach any of this. It seems as if the team is not unified at all, every player is on their own. I don't notice any passion or emotion from the team either. Hell play with some fire everyonce in a while.

The workouts during the morning and summertime play a large role in how the teams perform. While everyone else is working hard during the summer doing speed, agility, strength drills and well as doing individual position drills, what are the UNT players doing? I'm not sure exactly what goes on within the program but by adding these elements to the program the team could improve greatly.

Anyone in the know please comment and add opinions.

Unity, Passion, Emotion -  Did Dickey preach any of this.  It seems as if the team is not unified at all, every player is on their own.  I don't notice any passion or emotion from the team either.  Hell play with some fire everyonce in a while.

Dickey's main motivational tool appears to have been "us against them," treating the players as if lack of respect for UNT's football program translated to lack of respect for them.

When he was fired, he allegedly responded by telling his players that he was fired because "he couldn't recruit," asking them, "How does that make you feel?"

During the conference championship run, he spoke often of the way it began, with the team 1-5 and hosting a Middle Tennessee State team that was expected to win the conference. UNT upset them 24-21.

If there was any passion left in the Mean Green last night, it wasn't evident on the radio broadcast, aside from Johnny Quinn.

No one has mandatory summer workouts, the NCAA prohibits them.  The NCAA goes has far a too prohibit coaches from keeping attendence logs for summer workouts. 

UNT does what every other team does; player lead workout sessions.

Shaft - Sometimes “voluntary” is watched and monitored as close as mandatory. Who is there and what they are doing is very well known and followed. ph34r.gif