Jim McIngvale

NDT

I was surprised that no one has mentioned the all Green paid open letter to Dr. Bataille, Bobby Ray, Lee Jackson, and Rick Villareal. It is to long to write and since it is a paid ad I don't think I can attach it. Among many things he says the if the Practice Facility is not named after Darrell Dickey he wants the $1,000,000 to go to the One O'Clock Lab Band. Has anybody else seen it and do you know how to attach it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was surprised that no one has mentioned the all Green paid open letter to Dr. Bataille, Bobby Ray, Lee Jackson, and Rick Villareal.  It is to long to write and since it is a paid ad I don't think I can attach it.  Among many things he says the if the Practice Facility is not named after Darrell Dickey he wants the $1,000,000 to go to the One O'Clock Lab Band.  Has anybody else seen it and do you know how to attach it?

F-him! Boycott Gallery Furniture. Don't succumb to strongarm tactics. Take that mil and place it atop next years bonfire. What a jackass.

Then name it after him if that is Matt Mac's wishes. It hurts nothing, makes Matt Mac happy, and even recognizes some really good years given by DD.

we should be prepared for a PR hit if we win out. Comes with the territory for our unique situation.

Then name it after him if that is Matt Mac's wishes.  It hurts nothing, makes Matt Mac happy, and even recognizes some really good years given by DD. 

we should be prepared for a PR hit if we win out.  Comes with the territory for our unique situation.

I agree Zeke. Just going by NDT's original post, I would have no problem naming the practice fields after Darrell Dickey. Darrell did some good things for the program and if it naming something after DD mends a few fences with Mac, that's fine too. Mac did give the athletic dept. $1 million dollars to finish out the AC. Bottom line, let's not burn any bridges with him.

Now, let's go find an new coach.

Edited by DeepGreen

I just got a call about this and was looking for it online and it isn't there.

I personally have ZERO problem with MM's request and naming the AC Center or practice field after Coach Dickey. Then name the Hall Fame after Hayden Fry. Then name the weight room after........

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

P.S. Albert Einsteins definition of Insanity: Keep on doing what you've always done and expect different results. If the football budget isn't raised considerably - the results will never get better."

I could say the same thing about our play-calling. Only with the creation of the green team has this coaching staff shown any creativity in trying something new in order to win.

Edited by UNTFan23

if DD wins out the rest of the games this season...this situation will get worst...

Winning out would be the worst thing for DD. Shows that he did have the talent to win , but failed to use it. Only when he gets the boot he starts to give a $hit and starts to coach ???

Let's all remember he almost got canned right before the SBC win streak started , he knew then his job was on the line . Maybe we should of just hired him on 1 week contracts laugh.gif

Edited by NT03

How about this quote:

"P.S.  Albert Einsteins definition of Insanity:  Keep on doing what you've always done and expect different results.  If the football budget isn't raised considerably

-the results will never get better."

He's basically saying with that last part: "Without my money, your nothing".

Time will tell on MM's belief that we are losing the best thing we have ever had by whether or not DD lands another same-level or higher head coaching job.

Rick

He's basically saying with that last part:  "Without my money, your nothing".

Time will tell on MM's belief that we are losing the best thing we have ever had by whether or not DD lands another same-level or higher head coaching job.

Rick

Am I the only one or does Mac seems to be like the little kid who owns the ball and tells everyone if you don’t want to play by my rules I’ll take my ball and go home?

SPOLIED RICH KID

Mac seems like he got to use to being able to BUY his way

PS -Yes it is his right to do with his money as he wishes - but PLEASE -

NEVER AGAIN TALK ABOUT HOW MAC SUPPORTS HIS UNIVERSITY

I think this also shows how entrenched DD was as the head coach. Not only did RV had to weigh football related ramifications of firing DD, but also crap like this.

Luckily RV decided that our athletic department would not be held hostage by one man. I guess that means its up to us the masses now to open our check books and prove RV right.

It's Mac's money, the school isn't entitled to a single penny. Everything he gives is a gift. Sure, I don't agree with what he is doing, but some of you act like he is legally obliglated to give his alma mater money.

Also, all of you acting so happy that MM is no longer holding us "hostage" better be opening up the check book, I know my contribution will go up. Just remember it takes *2,000* people to write a $500 check to match that million dollars.

If MM wants the practice fields named after DD, I don't think its too much to ask if it serves to not burn the bridge between us.

It's Mac's money, the school isn't entitled to a single penny. Everything he gives is a gift. Sure, I don't agree with what he is doing, but some of you act like he is legally obliglated to give his alma mater money.

You are right, it was his money. Until he gave it to the university some time ago (12-18 months). He wants to renege on the deal, because his buddy got fired.

Edited by good_ken

You are right, it was his money.  Until he gave it to the university some time ago (12-18 months).  He wants to renege on the deal, because his buddy got fired.

He signed a contract to provide X dollars for Y years (where X*Y = 1 Meeellion dollars) to "the university". He didnt promise to give it all to the AD. Now he wants something to be done, or he wants the money to go to another part of the university. Still his money, his decision as to were it should go.

He signed a contract to provide X dollars for Y years (where X*Y = 1 Meeellion dollars) to "the university". He didnt promise to give it all to the AD. Now he wants something to be done, or he wants the money to go to another part of the university. Still his money, his decision as to were it should go.

That raises a good question: when does that decision occur? He donated that money quite some time ago. I would think the decision would have been made then. I would think it would be in the paperwork associated with donating that much money.

My only point is that I don't think you can change your mind more than a year later about where your money goes.

I don't know much about what happens when you donate a million.

Jesus, that money was donated 3 years ago! How long is this guy going to hold this over our heads?

Since then - he has spent one other significant amount on the team, which I will always appreciate... paying for the entire team and staff to go to Drew's funeral (and paying for the funeral itself). But since then, it hasn't really been anything other then the normal donations.

Someone needs to explain to Mattress Mac that a check written 3 years ago is cashed and spent at UNT. You can't be an indian giver when it comes to donations.