Is anyone left who thinks DD

El Paso Eagle

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry, with all due respect, calling, shooting them an E-mail, etc. isn't going to do any good.  They don't give a rats ass what we think.  We, the alumni and people who care, must contact the people responsible for appointing our present BOR. 

Employ the political process, change the BOR if Academics and Athletics are not treated equally.

If the members of this board are in agreement with this, then we should appoint an ambassador to lobby the State Legislature and rally for change.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Back in my student days, I used this board to successfully change an organization's opinion on a few subjects. A phone call can do more than you imagine.

Also, don't be so sure that those in power don't care what you think. The ticket office may treat you like a turd (though I've never had a bad encounter with them to the contrary of reports I've read here of rudeness), but most groups on campus value the alumni....esp the alumni who care enough to place a call.

Frankly, though...and this is a question for Harry...how would you even approach a conversation like this? I am kind of worried that you feel that our leadership needs to hear from us (fans and alumns) that something is wrong and must be corrected. It should be plain as day to them. Attendance is dropping like a rock, while our teams pile up loses. Honestly, this is part of their job that should be obvious.

Frankly, though...and this is a question for Harry...how would you even approach a conversation like this?  I am kind of worried that you feel that our leadership needs to hear from us (fans and alumns) that something is wrong and must be corrected.  It should be plain as day to them.  Attendance is dropping like a rock, while our teams pile up loses.  Honestly, this is part of their job that should be obvious.

Won't this just be excused as just another example of the "difficult circumstances" Dickey and the others have to face year-in and year-out?

I can just see Dickey talking w/ the BOR: "We can't build a decent program, because every time we have consecutive 2 win seasons the fans want a change. I mean don't they realize we have to be dead last in D1A before we can start recruiting better?"

Edited by jimmyjames_99

Guest Aquila_Viridis

Nobody cares grandpa.

Actually it is precisely why I care. THREE DECADES after being on the cusp of real success, NT is still thought of as a turd by anyone outside the program. I will give you that there are plenty of people who don't care, and that is of course why THREE DECADES after being on the cusp of real success, NT is still thought of as a turd by anyone outside the program. I will also give you a turd for being very rude to one of the people who does care.

TI - I think it helps to put your opinion in writing. There is truly power in the written word. I see people on here complain about the leadership and I wonder if anyone ever even tried to send them an email or drafted a letter. These people do care about UNT and will respond to your concerns.

TI - I think it helps to put your opinion in writing.  There is truly power in the written word.  I see people on here complain about the leadership and I wonder if anyone ever even tried to send them an email or drafted a letter.  These people do care about UNT and will respond to your concerns.

I have emailed Rick different questions over the years and he has always responded, if he gets enough emails it may make his decisions easier or easier to backup.

TI - I think it helps to put your opinion in writing.  There is truly power in the written word.  I see people on here complain about the leadership and I wonder if anyone ever even tried to send them an email or drafted a letter.  These people do care about UNT and will respond to your concerns.

I agree with you Harry. And, I challenge every person on this board, who is dissatisfied with DD as head coach, to write a letter and/or email to Rick Villareal. If you don't like RV either, then write to the BOR, but let's start expressing our dissatisfaction to the right people. If we can make the time to post our opinions on this forum, then we can certainly make time to write that letter or email.

I'll be honest, all this talk of DD staying another year is really starting to concern me. I don't think I can take another year of the "same ole, same ole". I certainly don't expect a new coach to come in here and go 10-2 his first season, but I would hope to get someone who can bring some excitement and hope back to this program. Someone who's not afraid to stir things up and actually try to compete with the big boys...both on the field and in recruiting. We need someone who can instill confidence and inspiration in our team and can motivate our boys to believe that they can beat anyone at any time and any place.

Edited by gangrene

This posts from gangrene:

Are we the only team in the universe, that when trailing with 3:30 left in the game would choose this play selection?

N 1-10 N24 NORTH TEXAS drive start at 03:38 (4th).

N 1-10 N24 Robertson, Evan rush for 7 yards to the NT31 (Crosby, Robert;McBeath,

Marqui).

N 2-3 N31 PENALTY NT personal foul (Nwigwe, Joel) 15 yards to the NT16.

N 2-18 N16 Robertson, Evan rush for 5 yards to the NT21 (Pugh, Chris;Harris, Quin).

N 3-13 N21 Robertson, Evan rush for 9 yards to the NT30 (Crosby, Robert).

N 4-4 N30 Timeout North Texas, clock 02:05.

N 4-4 N30 Meager, Daniel pass complete to Nwigwe, Joel for 13 yards to the NT43,

1ST DOWN NT.

N 1-10 N43 Robertson, Evan rush for 3 yards to the NT46 (Smith, D'Anthon;McBeath,

Marqui).

N 2-7 N46 PENALTY NT false start (Venegas, Adam) 5 yards to the NT41.

N 2-12 N41 Meager, Daniel pass intercepted by Walker, Shalama at the TECH40,

Walker, Shalama return 33 yards to the NT27 (Nwigwe, Joel).

shows why DD should go. The man is scared to play to win, his players pick up on this, the fans know it and he's not going to change.

I don't think I can take another year of the "same ole, same ole".  I certainly don't expect a new coach to come in here and go 10-2 his first season, but I would hope to get someone who can bring some excitement and hope back to this program.  Someone who's not afraid to stir things up and actually try to compete with the big boys...both on the field and in recruiting.  We need someone who can instill confidence and inspiration in our team and can motivate our boys to believe that they can beat anyone at any time and any place.

Exactly. I think you have to bring in a new coach to reinvigorate the fan base and the players. Sorry, it will be all but IMPOSSIBLE to sell me on this team being successful next year if DD is still here. I dont think I am alone.

Exactly. I think you have to bring in a new coach to reinvigorate the fan base and the players. Sorry, it will be all but IMPOSSIBLE to sell me on this team being successful next year if DD is still here. I dont think I am alone.

Ok - fair enough. Now can you take DD being here for one year and a 45 million dollar stadium breaking ground in a year? (my answer - it pains me.. but.... yes...). And now could you take having DD for one more year and a new stadium and a fresh honey glazed ham?? Ask yourself that!

I agree with you Harry.  And, I challenge every person on this board, who is dissatisfied with DD as head coach, to write a letter and/or email to Rick Villareal.  If you don't like RV either, then write to the BOR, but let's start expressing our dissatisfaction to the right people.  If we can make the time to post our opinions on this forum, then we can certainly make time to write that letter or email.

I'll be honest, all this talk of DD staying another year is really starting to concern me.  I don't think I can take another year of the "same ole, same ole".  I certainly don't expect a new coach to come in here and go 10-2 his first season, but I would hope to get someone who can bring some excitement and hope back to this program.  Someone who's not afraid to stir things up and actually try to compete with the big boys...both on the field and in recruiting.  We need someone who can instill confidence and inspiration in our team and can motivate our boys to believe that they can beat anyone at any time and any place.

Just sent mine to RV, is there someone else we should also email?

Ok - fair enough.  Now can you take DD being here for one year and a 45 million dollar stadium breaking ground in a year? (my answer - it pains me.. but.... yes...).  And now could you take having DD for one more year and a new stadium and a fresh honey glazed ham?? Ask yourself that!

you had me at honey-glazed ham...

Im in. laugh.gif