Get your guns down

Quoner

I figured I'd repost on a new thread since I just hijacked the "I'm done" thread. Discuss.

F Tech.

Leach was crying the moment the game ended but honestly captain genius decided to go for the homerun six times instead of staying underneath. Then he calls a failed QB sneak in a bad situation and clearly did not come close to getting it.

This abortion of a tech season is his come-uppance for being an all-around jackass. And hasn't he accused his team of quitting and acting entitled this year?

Does a West Texas attitude also entail drinking large amounts of alcohol, cussing on mic, and flicking off camera crews on national TV (great moment by the way!) does it entail throwing bottles and trash at Chase Daniel's parents when they got their ass spanked at homecoming? just curious....

Ahoy Ye Scalywags!!

I like Leach. He's got brass ones when he calls out the Corps of Cadets. But... Ironically he's relying too much on the pass and has become one dimensional without the ability to run. Kind of like Darrell Dickey in an insane opposites alternate universe. Probably a terrible comparison, but you get the idea.

unsure.gif

Texas Tech fans are some of the worst in college football, and its why fans of all the other Big 12 schools cant stand going there to watch a game.

I do like Leach, however. Anyone who comes up with a gem like "I guess the pirates beat the toy soldiers" after the win over ATM is good with me.

I feel no sympathy for them. The game was called fairly. And Tech fans should be the last people on earth crying about BS calls. Just ask OU

Ahoy Ye Scalywags!!

I like Leach.  He's got brass ones when he calls out the Corps of Cadets. But... Ironically he's relying too much on the pass and has become one dimensional without the ability to run.  Kind of like Darrell Dickey in an insane opposites alternate universe.  Probably a terrible comparison, but you get the idea.

unsure.gif

The universe must achieve balance, thus, the existence of Mike Leach & Darrell Dickey. As long as Mike Leach's insane passing offense exists, Darrell Dickey's run it into the ground game will never change.

So, my theory is to KILL MIKE LEACH. Then, can we see the curse of the Dickster eliminated!!!!!!!!

And in reference to the subject line of this post....

I bet I know 15 people that went to Tech for a few semesters, but fewer than 5 that actually graduated from there.  Something tells me it's not because of the academically challenging programs.

not surprising. I had a several Tech x-fers in my business classes over a couple years that complained about how much harder NT was than Tech. Its also has lower admission standards.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who feels like tech is the epicenter for everyting thug. The Ironic part is that it is in the middle of a freaking sandpit, and not in the middle of a sprawling, innercity metropolis. I think Leach is just as bad, althought he is fun to listen to sometimes. I guess he has taken a page out of Bobby Knights dictionary.

Tech is a NT rival, but I would have to disagree with some of the above comments...

Tech was recently given a Phi Beta Kappa chapter. NT does not have one.

Tech has a higher average SAT than NT...

Tech has a significantly higher graduation rate than NT...

Tech has a much, much bigger endowment and raises far more money for scholarships than NT...

Tech has far better alumni support and giving rate than NT- 56K to their last football game and over $500 million raised during their last capital campaign(another planned soon)...

Still funny after all these years...

GO RAIDERS!

The second one is the best testament to these drunken morons...

BTW, I'm talking about their idiot football fans. Not their alumni loyalty. Since its a theme here, Al Queda also has lots of loyal alumni...

Guns down and grades up?

Tech athletes( and general students) have a significantly higher graduation rate than NT.

Tech may have some idiot fans, but the majority aren't. You are right Q, the theme is that Tech has fans and NT doesn't...

Their fans go to the games and give back to the school. NT has poor fan-alumni support for a school it's size and for it's location.

Tech is a NT rival, but I would have to disagree with some of the above comments...

Tech was recently given a Phi Beta Kappa chapter.  NT does not have one.

Tech has a higher average SAT than NT...

Tech has a significantly higher graduation rate than NT...

Tech has a much, much bigger endowment and raises far more money for scholarships than NT...

Tech has far better alumni support and giving rate than NT- 56K to their last  football game and over $500 million raised during their last capital campaign(another planned soon)...

Oh, f'n wow! Texas Tech....you may have a bigger endowment, but what is your record vs NT in Lubbock?? Huh? How many teams have beat you in Lubbock 3 straight times when that team does it with 3 different head coaches? Huh???

Just wondering. Nice try, though. Stick your head back into your Lubbocked sand!

tech is a stepchild. a ridiculous looking, stupid stepchild. tech is always on the outside looking in at the big boys and they always will be. yeah they have more fans and yeah they have a bigger endowment. that is what all those years in the SWC and the Big 12 will do for you. however, I think that NORTH TEXAS (even in our state) is in a better position for growth than Texas Tech. Tech has topped out. They will never be any better than what they are right now. never. i know people who have FAILED out of NORTH TEXAS, literally made below a 2.0 for two semesters in a row that have enrolled at Texas Tech the next semester. don't even try to give this "higher education" crap with them. great, they have more athletes who graduate. i graduated 1st grade too but i am not still bragging about it. i would suggest to you tech fans to jump ship now because if you are not happy now, you will never be happy. this is all you got....

I'm not sure this is the argument you want to use. 

oh absolutely this is the argument i want to use. there is a HUGE difference between North Texas and Texas Tech. Texas Tech has been given all of the opportunities in the world to be on par with UT and A&M but North Texas has never even been afforded the opportunity to be on par with SMU. We have created what we have gotten. I am not going to start crying about how we didn't get into the old SWC or into Conference USA but you have to realize the difference. Of course we are on the outside looking in at the bigger schools.... Tech was born and raised with a silver spoon in it's mouth and we were lucky to barely get a tv dinner.

---I am a North Texas Grad (twice)... but I spent one year at Tech as a grad student. (my wife is Tech grad) I like North Texas much better and thought the profs at North Texas were better at least in my department........but there are things about Tech that I do like. There is much more fan support there than at North Texas. Alums there don't thrash or blow off their school (we have several) even on this board. Our alums (mostly) show a lot of apathy toward their univerisity. A lot just complain. Academicly we are ever bit as good or better ones with great athletic programs.

---I don't see how it does us any good to bad mouth others that have done little to harm us... unlike SMU that has. .

---I am also a long-time West Texan... Leach really isn't but coaches at a West Texas university. Whether you like him at not, he is a very smart person (Pepperdine law degree, interesting offense) with a lousy personality. He is not typical of a lot of coaches who are dumber than goats and even sound that way. Neither is Mack Brown and both rarely say much bad about their opponents. If you don't like the fact that they win..... they defeat them and often. Both of them seem to try to run clean programs unlike SMU and as some others have done. It seems Colorado, Ohio State, Miami, and some others have some type of problems with tutors, coaches, or outlaw players regularly. .

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Neither is Mack Brown and both rarely say much bad about their opponents.  If you don't like the fact that they win..... they defeat them and often.  Both of them seem to try to run clean programs unlike SMU and as some others have done.  It seems  Colorado, Ohio State, Miami, and some others have some type of problems with tutors, coaches, or outlaw players regularly. .

Leach has found a way to insult every conference team he played directly or indirectly before or after the game this year. It's amazing he found the time to do so when he was not insulting his own players and questioning their manhood. His behavior almost seems similar to what another thread on the board is accusing RF of. Maybe its a trait of "genius" coaches to belittle others?

I'm done adding to this thread though after this post unless something particularly compelling comes up. No one is going to talk me out of thinking Tech sucks - I'll still root for them to beat some lame PAC 10 team in whatever bowl they go to though.

But, hey, let's not debate that. Let's just read whats in today's paper on Tech. Go Raiders!

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...st.1769aef.html

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw...f2.2a94995.html