Will DD get fired at the end of the season

UNT_playmaker

Well i know there is either one of two parties that will be going at the end of this season from my perspective. It is either DD and his staff or it is me and my crew that comes to the game only because I bug them enough.

But, I guarantee you both groups wont be back next season... or for the rest of this season for that matter.

I voted DD stay coordinators go, but the more I think about it I feel like there are a few coordinators that have earned the right to stay on.  The TE coach has done a great job and Bliel has done excellent with the defense considering how long they have had to be on the field.

Im SICK of people saying the TE coach has done a GREAT JOB... Collins has had 1 and only 1 great catch the whole season.. NOTE : past 2 seasons TEs have had a grand total of 16 catches.............16 ( thats less than 1 a game) !!!! You might say that part of that is the lack of passing , true. But TE are 1/2 OL too & we have alot of formations where we line up 2 TEs so they are part of the pass protecting problem.

My gut tells me that only DD & Bliel will stay , which I dont like but Ill deal with it on the fact that Ill atleast know for sure they both will be gone after the 07 season. If RF is still here.... Im done with UNT & you can bet there wont be 1 home game nexy year with over 5,000 in the stands.

Edited by NT03

Im SICK of people saying the TE coach has done a GREAT JOB... Collins has had 1 and only 1 great catch the whole season.. NOTE : past 2 seasons TEs have had a grand total of 16 catches.............16 ( thats less than 1 a game) !!!! You might say that part of that is the lack of passing , true. But TE are 1/2 OL too & we have alot of formations where we line up 2 TEs so they are part of the pass protecting problem.

My gut tells me that only DD & Bliel will stay , which I dont like but Ill deal with it on the fact that Ill atleast know for sure they both will be gone after the 07 season. If RF is still here.... Im done with UNT & you can bet there wont be 1 home game nexy year with over 5,000 in the stands.

True, the TE hasn't had much work, but how much of that is play calling? At least when Collins is given the opportunity to catch the ball, he does. It's hard to judge either the TE or WR coach, since neither position gets much action on the field.

I voted that they will all be back next year, not that its what I want, but what I think will happen. At this point I don't know who is to blame, but I think a clean slate is best. The fans who want them out will be happy, and there might be enough curious onlookers to show up next year that we'll have some consistently nice crowds!

And to all our non-UNT affiliated voters (and fellow SBC'ers) we thank you for voting in such a way that will keep Mean Green football barefoot and pregnant (or completely impotent) for another 9 years in the NCAA D1-A subterranean depths we've all become much too accustomed most of the last 25 years.

NEW IDEA! Let's just keep on hiring the same kind of head football coaches (cronies and unknown commodities) to keep this streak alive! blink.gif

If UNT leaders don't do the right thing with all this, then it is that group that needs to resign. And to some of that upper echelon who would be hesitant with way too many decisions that should have already been made at our alma mater; anyway, many of us would have this question to ask to some of you:

And which decade will it be that UNT-Dallas (finally) become a free-standing university? ph34r.gif:

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I voted DD stay coordinators go, but the more I think about it I feel like there are a few coordinators that have earned the right to stay on.  The TE coach has done a great job and Bliel has done excellent with the defense considering how long they have had to be on the field.

I think that Evans (for his ability to recruit) and Bliel (for the excellent work he's done with the defense in such a short amount of time), as well as Ramone Archie, and Andy Brewster should stay.

The main coach to replace would be the OC. Let's suppose that we're told that a search for a promising OC is going to take place. What promising OC would come here and work under the conditions that we all know exist.

Everything would have to be approved by Dickey, and DD is not going to approve the kind of offense that we all want to see installed.

He'd be vetoing 95% of what a new OC would be sending down to go out to the QB.

I repeat, no promising OC would work under those conditions.

Edited by SilverEagle

For Dickey to stay the team needs to win out. 

says who? has anyone in administration even hinted that they are unhappy with DD? I dont like it, but I am of the opinion that no one is even considering a change. I dont even think it has crossed their minds.

very good point, I forgot to go into that....no one has HINTED at anyting towards the dickey and co debacle at NT and all...

admin wants dIcKeY here cause they think he will take us back to the NO bowl....

I always wanted to NT play in the FT. worth bowl.....

Edited by UNT_playmaker

very good point, I forgot to go into that....no one has HINTED at anyting towards the dickey and co debacle at NT and all...

admin wants dIcKeY here cause their think he will take us back to the NO bowl....

I always wanted to NT to play in the FT. worth bowl.....

UNT_playmaker, we'll have to excuse those on our campus who have had some most intense brain farts non-stop? blink.gif All this makes me wonder if Lee Jackson and His Gang have an ulterior motive or agenda of down-sizing athletics with their obvious lack of making decisions that would have already been made at the majority of the other 118 NCAA D1-A schools with W/L records, poor average attendance numbers at Fouts Field over the last 9 years and the fact that those who had been hired to focus strictly on fundraising for athletics have also not done that (and FWIW............ NT BOR chairman Bobby Ray for damn sure didn't stand in the way of that happening). unsure.gif

I suppose as the length of time UNT leaders have had us with their version of success in the lower subterranean depths of NCAA D1-A that they can convince some of you that the Pope is really a Southern Baptist evangelist in disguise? rolleyes.gif

If UNT leaders are trying to make all this very easy for NT Exes to not support (or more importantly) to invest into with what they have delivered of late AND..............have buffalo'd some of you into believing is some kind of "got it goin' on " athletic program, then they are finally being successful in something they're doing up there. smile.gif

You see, its not fans like myself and others who have a pretty good record of suppport for this program over (not just a few years) but a few decades, that UNT leaders should concern themselves; matter of fact, its actually the casual/borderline fans that always give our marketing geniuses on campus their 15,000 empty seats most every home game the last 9 years of which the DD Ball brand of football that our (seemedly) most naive group presently in Denton will never (and I do mean) "NEVER" reach with their style of football.

If the Kansas State-graduated Darrell Dickey (please, no more Kansas hires, from you native Texans who might still be left on our campus in key positions of leadership); anyway, if DD Ball has any kind of a future at UNT, then there are many (more than you'll ever want to believe) and those who actually graduated from UNT who will no longer have a future with DD Ball.

Come on fellow alums, the guy has gotten away with murder with his lack of public relation skills that mostly have come across in a condescending manner toward those who even pay him a nice pay check and those he'd like to show up en mass to watch his brand of boring, non-imaginative football..................but FWIW................ he really never did need to exhibit any semblance of social skills to anyone (even on those numerous post-game radio shows) because he knew he had the main man, ie, Mr. Bobby Ray in his back pocket for these last 9 years Do You All Like That?ph34r.gif

Would some of you buy a sack of donkey dung from this present group on our campus if they told you if was exactly what we needed to be successful in UNT football? "Well" (with the Ronald Reagan accent)..........I think some of you already have. Just don't put that sack over your heads this Saturday. blink.gif

Folks, we will never be considered for CUSA (or any higher profile conference) in the future because we have a lights out tailgating program on Game Day.sad.gif

15,000 empty seats averages per home game for the last 9 years would tell most Texas university's leadership that something ain't quite right at their schools because most would use such numbers as their main barometer of if their football program was succeeding with who it needed to succeed with the most. ie, THE FAN$$$$$$$? ohmy.gif ; in fact, most progressive schools in D1-A even tie attendance increases to their head football coaches contracts--but not at NORTH TEXAS.........folks, something is truly rotten in Denmark, or in our case (in Denton). wink.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen