My Dark Horse Candidate

Quoner

JACKIE SHERRILL, BABY! Let me tell you why.... (from ESPN)

Just before the 1992 season opener vs. the Texas Longhorns, Mississippi State head coach Jackie Sherrill showed his team, on the practice field, how a bull is castrated.

To Sherrill, the mascot's castration was nothing more than motivation.

"The whole story came up when I asked our players what a steer was and none of them knew what a steer was," Sherrill said after the incident caused a national furor. "People say (the Texas mascot) is a longhorn steer. Is that a bull, or is he a steer?"

Sherrill added that the demonstration performed on "Wild Willie" was done to educate and motivate the team. The motivational part worked, at least -- Missisippi State, a two-point underdog, won 28-10. After being widely criticized, Sherrill offered a quarter-hearted apology.

"Even though I was not involved in the procedure that took place, I take responsibility," he said. "If this incident was in any way not perceived as proper by those who love Mississippi State, then I apologize."

If you can cut the nuts off a bull - you can win the Sun Belt year in and year out. No contest. In fact, if UNT played the bull today, I'd bet the lines would favor the bull by 9.5.

6.5 if the nuts were gone.

This is hilarious, and especially appropriate at this time of year (Halloween and

losing to Ark State).

The only thing I have to add to this brilliant post is that, does anyone else think

that Jerry Jones sort of looks like a zombie? I can't decide if he resembles

a zombie or the Joker from Batman. Either way, it's creepy.

Back to the topic, Zombie Landry is the way to go!!!! Let's get the UNT

Science/Reanimation Dept. on it!

JACKIE SHERRILL, BABY! Let me tell you why.... (from ESPN)

Just before the 1992 season opener vs. the Texas Longhorns, Mississippi State head coach Jackie Sherrill showed his team, on the practice field, how a bull is castrated.

To Sherrill, the mascot's castration was nothing more than motivation.

"The whole story came up when I asked our players what a steer was and none of them knew what a steer was," Sherrill said after the incident caused a national furor. "People say (the Texas mascot) is a longhorn steer. Is that a bull, or is he a steer?"

Sherrill added that the demonstration performed on "Wild Willie" was done to educate and motivate the team. The motivational part worked, at least -- Missisippi State, a two-point underdog, won 28-10. After being widely criticized, Sherrill offered a quarter-hearted apology.

"Even though I was not involved in the procedure that took place, I take responsibility," he said. "If this incident was in any way not perceived as proper by those who love Mississippi State, then I apologize."

If you can cut the nuts off a bull - you can win the Sun Belt year in and year out. No contest. In fact, if UNT played the bull today, I'd bet the lines would favor the bull by 9.5.

6.5 if the nuts were gone.

The thing I like most about this guy is not the surgery that took place but the fact that he believed going in that his team had a chance to win. I'm sick of the "we'd have to play above our ablity and they'd have to play below their's crap"

The thing I like most about this guy is not the surgery that took place but the fact that he believed going in that his team had a chance to win. I'm sick of the "we'd have to play above our ablity and they'd have to play below their's crap"

I for one, think it is rediculous, sickening and almost offensive for Dickey to say this about his own players, when he is the one that recruited them.

What is he thinking bringing them in here if he isn't ready to give them the vote of confidence they need to be competetive like that?

I didn't feel like this at the time I heard it, but the more I think about it the more it really kind of doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.

Sherrill is as crooked as a dog's hind leg. He left A$M under investigation, and then did the same at Mississippi State.

Plus, I don't think you could get a Trojan, Cajun or Indian to stand still long enough, there's no such thing as a Blue Raider, where are the b#ll$ on an Owl or Warhawk and subdueing a Panther would be near impossible to proceed with castration. dry.gif

Please don't. No need for a$m rejects here.

Good point - we are in a total position of strength for our next coach.

This will probably sort itself out.

UNT Athletics 2007: Beggers can be Choosers. Its FAN tastic!