The season can be saved if...

shaft

At the beginning of the year I had two goals for this team, win one or both of the smu, tulsa games and to finish the year with a winning record. Sure, I wanted much more, but realistically, after last season I wasn't expecting much. So, for me if they win out it will save the season as far as making this program look somewhat decent (from the outside). This doesn't mean I don't want to see changes made to the staff, but a 7-5 or even a 6-6 record will look much better to a recruit than a losing record.

Edited by Green Crazy

This season can not be saved. Lets try to salvage next year and our future before its too late.

What we can and should do is stop the bleeding by announcing Dickey and his staff will be replaced at the end of the season if not sooner. We should thank Dickey for his nine years, wish him well but then enthusiastically let all high school recruits, students, alumni and donors know that our expectations for this program are far greater than what we have achieved to this point and we stand committed to building a top tier athletic program.

We get further behind everyday that goes by and we do nothing.

Think about this, what do we have to lose?

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" Wayne Gretzky

I love how "winning out" would salvage the season, as if we've lost every game by a slim margin. We've scored less then 12 points a game while giving up close to 30 points per contest.

Things would have to change drastically if we're to attempt such a feat, and if there is one thing this coaching staff has shown it cannot do, it is make important changes to the game plan in order to win.

There are 250 reasons why there needs to be a new head coach for the football team, as far as I am concerned.

My expectations for this season were a must win agaisnt SMU, and a winning record.  I find it strange that anyone who knows anything about our program would have different expectations.

You mean like dominating the Belt ... as opposed to the last season and the current one?

Edited by UNTFan23

The only way that I could possibly see this season as a postive would be if we average at least 400yds per game on offense(no way in hell), we hold the other teams under 200 total yards per game(possible no probable), and we win every game by at least 2 TDS(slim chance)

My expectations for this season were a must win agaisnt SMU, and a winning record.  I find it strange that anyone who knows anything about our program would have different expectations.

Well with this coaching staff and their inability to do anything whatsoever in the OOC games, it is pretty darn hard for us to finish with a winning season if we don't win the belt and that is every season.