ut tickets

sorry if this has been asked a million times already.  When will UT tickets be available for UNT alums?

I see from the uT site that the single-game tickets for NT are $50. I see no info about them on the NT athletic site, but they probably know (maybe?)....

North Texas Athletic Ticket Office

Phone: (940) 565-2527 / (800) 868-2366

E-Mail: ticketoffice@unt.edu

Tickets for the UT game are available to season ticket holders for $50. ea. For non-season ticket holders, the cost is $50. ea PLUS a $50. donation to NT Athletics per each ticket, if available after season ticket requests.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Tickets for the UT game are available to season ticket holders for $50. ea.  For non-season ticket holders, the cost is $50. ea PLUS a $50. donation to NT Athletics per each ticket, if available after season ticket requests.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Pfft..retarded if true...Has UNT ever sold out its allotment?

Pfft..retarded if true...Has UNT ever sold out its allotment?

NT took over 10K fans to UT in the game vs. Earl Campbell, but that was back when we had coaches that actually made players believe it was possible to WIN OOC games!!! DD (0-92) just wants to get the Sat. morning check and get outa Austin ASAP!!! Winning an OOC is only a delussion enjoyed by GMG posters. Ditto for SMU, Tulsa, Akron, and La Tech!!

NT took over 10K fans to UT in the game vs. Earl Campbell, but that was back when we had coaches that actually made players believe it was possible to WIN OOC games!!! DD (0-92) just wants to get the Sat. morning check and get outa Austin ASAP!!! Winning an OOC is only a delussion enjoyed by GMG posters. Ditto for SMU, Tulsa, Akron, and La Tech!!

I would guess that close to the same number of fans attended the 88 game with Texas. And we were 1-AA!

The purpose of the $50 surcharge is strictly to weed out UT fans wanting to get cheap seats in OUR section. UT tickets are hard to come by, they have sold out every game for the last 20 years or so. The Visiting Section really is not that bad of a location, it is lower level at least (but in the endzone)... and getting a lower leevl ticket to a UT game is pretty hard to come by. So what do the cheap UT fans do? They buy their tickets for the opposing team's allotment so that they don't have to become a Longhorn Club Member or buy a $1000 parking pass... The net result has been speckled orange in the Mean GREEN section down in Austin over the last few games. So what we have done is put something in place to try and either stop the UT fans from buying tickets in OUR section - or at the least, get an extra $50 bucks out of them for doing so.

The purpose of the $50 surcharge is strictly to weed out UT fans wanting to get cheap seats in OUR section.  UT tickets are hard to come by, they have sold out every game for the last 20 years or so.  The Visiting Section really is not that bad of a location, it is lower level at least (but in the endzone)... and getting a lower leevl ticket to a UT game is pretty hard to come by.  So what do the cheap UT fans do?  They buy their tickets for the opposing team's allotment so that they don't have to become a Longhorn Club Member or buy a $1000 parking pass...  The net result has been speckled orange in the Mean GREEN section down in Austin over the last few games.  So what we have done is put something in place to try and either stop the UT fans from buying tickets in OUR section - or at the least, get an extra $50 bucks out of them for doing so.

That's just asinine unless we plan to sell out our allotment... all it's going to do it prevent Mean Green fans from getting tickets and the remaining allotment reverting to UT anyway...

Retarded ?

I think it's obvious as Stebo points out.  Why should NT not make something from the Longhorn fans that won't supports us otherwise ?

Retarded ?

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets (thereby getting UT tix for $50.)

GO MEAN GREEN

Ugg....

1. Why should I buy season tickets if I live south of Austin and can't make the games??? I don't think I should have to pay $200 extra in order to get my family out there. I'm a $ giving alum for goodness sake. I'm not just wasteful which would be buying season tickets I can't possibly use.

2. UNT's ticket office responsibility is to support UNT fans not figure out how to make money off UT fans.

I'm so tired of places punishing everybody because they are too lazy or too incompetant to address the problem makers. UNT alum should be able to get tickets for the $50 price. It is pitiful and inexcusable that the AD doesn't want to find a proper solution. Pure laziness and pure poor administration... mad.gif

I would guess that close to the same number of fans attended the 88 game with Texas. And we were 1-AA!

I was at the '88 game and there were about 12000-14000 North Texas fans there that night. That was due to the old SWC "10% rule" saying that you had to allocate at least 10% of your stadium's tickets to the opposing team. It was a rule that only benefitted about half of the teams in the SWC and absolutely screwed UT. The amount of UNT fans that night matched Arkansas' fan base and believe me, Mean Green fans did their best to emulate Hog fans. I don't think that I endeared that much trash talking from an opposing group of fans outside of Razorback and Sooner fans in my life. Thank goodness all that stuff is in the past now. biggrin.gif

That was the old rule - the new rule is that they pay a $50 surcharge.

You think a little surcharge like that is going to keep UT fans from buying tickets to the game through your ticket office. Think again especially with the crap that Cougar High tried to pull back in 2001. biggrin.gif You better get your tickets when you can because some UT fans will be checking out their availability at your website. Count on it

It's my understanding that they make them buy a season ticket package before they can buy tickets to the UT/NT game.

That's not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind going to some Mean Green games. I went to the '80 game against SMU in Texas Stadium and enjoyed it somewhat. Me going to that one North Texas game is sadly probablly one more than a lot of UNT alums have done.

I was at the '88 game and there were about 12000-14000 North Texas fans there that night.  That was due to the old SWC "10% rule"  saying that you had to allocate at least 10% of your stadium's tickets to the opposing team. It was a rule that only benefitted about half of the teams in the SWC and absolutely screwed UT. The amount of UNT fans that night matched Arkansas' fan base and believe me, Mean Green fans did their best to emulate Hog fans. I don't think that I endeared that much trash talking from an opposing group of fans  outside of Razorback and Sooner fans in my life. Thank goodness all that stuff is in the past now. biggrin.gif

Considering that lil ole NT almost beat big bad UT, I think the trash talking was soundly backed up by the team's performance, especially considering the ref's were wearing burnt orange under those black and white stripes.

I was at the '88 game and there were about 12000-14000 North Texas fans there that night.  That was due to the old SWC "10% rule"  saying that you had to allocate at least 10% of your stadium's tickets to the opposing team. It was a rule that only benefitted about half of the teams in the SWC and absolutely screwed UT. The amount of UNT fans that night matched Arkansas' fan base and believe me, Mean Green fans did their best to emulate Hog fans. I don't think that I endeared that much trash talking from an opposing group of fans  outside of Razorback and Sooner fans in my life. Thank goodness all that stuff is in the past now. biggrin.gif

You think a little surcharge like that is going to keep UT fans from buying tickets to the game through your ticket office. Think again especially with the crap that Cougar High tried to pull back in 2001. biggrin.gif You better get your tickets when you can because some UT fans will be checking out their availability at your website. Count on it

That's not a bad idea.  I wouldn't mind going to some Mean Green games. I went to the '80 game against SMU in Texas Stadium and enjoyed it somewhat.  Me going to that one North Texas game is sadly probablly one more than a lot of UNT alums have done.

There is nothing I despise more than passive agressive putdowns. Every point you made in this post could have been made sans a few of the sentences but what's a post by a Longhorn without a little chest thumping or desparaging remarks about our fan base's apathy, right?

Ugg....

1.  Why should I buy season tickets if I live south of Austin and can't make the games???  I don't think I should have to pay $200 extra in order to get my family out there.  I'm a $ giving alum for goodness sake.  I'm not just wasteful which would be buying season tickets I can't possibly use.

2.  UNT's ticket office responsibility is to support UNT fans not figure out how to make money off UT fans.

I'm so tired of places punishing everybody because they are too lazy or too incompetant to address the problem makers.  UNT alum should be able to get tickets for the $50 price.  It is pitiful and inexcusable that the AD doesn't want to find a proper solution.  Pure laziness and pure poor administration... mad.gif

I thought it was pretty good idea when I saw it. It makes sure the tix go to UNT fans. If someone that say, lived south of Austin, and really wanted to go, they could probably ask someone on here that was not going and had season tix to buy their allotment and pass them on a face value. Just a thought... wink.gif

I thought it was pretty good idea when I saw it.  It makes sure the tix go to UNT fans.  If someone that say, lived south of Austin, and really wanted to go, they could probably ask someone on here that was not going and had season tix to buy their allotment and pass them on a face value.  Just a thought... wink.gif

I love the idea. Why allow all the UT fans to fill up our sliver of the endzone? And if they want to do it, we should make some money off of it.

I understand the reservation for the non-season ticket holders and those that live out of town. I dont live in the DFW area, and will probably only be able to make 2-3 games in Denton, but I bought a couple season tix anyways. I understand not everyone can do that, but its a great way to help out the athletic department.

As I understood it, they would sell tix to the public after the students, season tix holders, etc had purchased theirs... is this not the case? I think you can get on a waiting list.

And they can break up your MGC donation into 9 payments, drafted out of your bank account. That works out to about $27.78 per month for a $250 donation...

I thought it was pretty good idea when I saw it.  It makes sure the tix go to UNT fans.  If someone that say, lived south of Austin, and really wanted to go, they could probably ask someone on here that was not going and had season tix to buy their allotment and pass them on a face value.  Just a thought... wink.gif

My hand is extended...Anyone can IM me if they have xtra tix.

I think the thing that bothers me is not the markup. I can understand the university wanting to make money and giving a discount to season ticket holders..that sounds reasonable..

I just don't like the explanation that UNT alum have to pay because UT fans cheat the system...