UNT- SMU

SMU SUCKS SMU SUCKS SMU SUCKS SMU SUCKS SMU SUCKS

SMU is looked down upon by alot of people in the metroplex, people from Dallas chose UNT so that they arent associated with that school. The blue collar aspect of UNT is not recognized by me, there are alot of rich parents who send their students this way....and are not ashamed of this fine school of higher learning.

Besides SMU is overrated beyond any other school in Texas, every detail of it is, from its academics to its athletic programs.....

UNT (coaches, players, and especially FANS) get ready for our biggest game of the 21st century, by all means dont even think about discrediting that statement, since this game was announced, this is all that we have talked about.

Now lets kick their ASSES to the curb.

GO GREEN

Edited by UNT_playmaker

SMU SUCKS  SMU SUCKS    SMU SUCKS  SMU SUCKS  SMU SUCKS

SMU is looked down upon by alot of people in the metroplex, alot of people from dallas chose not to go to that school and come to UNT to not be associated with that school. Blue collar aspect of UNT is not recognized by me, there are alot of rich parents who send their students this way....and arent ashamed of this fine instituation of higher learning.

Besides SMU is overrated beyond any school in Texas, every detail of it is, from its learning to its athletic programs.....

UNT( coaches, players, and especially FANS) get ready for our biggest game of the 21st century, by all means dont even think about discrediting that statement, since this game was announced, this is all we have talked about.

Now lets kick their ASSES to the curb.

GO GREEN

Its a perfect confluence of grammar, sentence structure, and thought - in other words - exhibit A for why people can make a case for calling this the idiot board.

Some SMU guy is going to have a field day resposting that on their board and just ripping it line by line.

When was the last time SMU went to a bowl game? When was the last time SMU had a winning season?

They've had 3 winning seasons in the past 20 years. I understand the history and the need to beat them, but seriously, its not like this win gives us a birth into the rose bowl. I'd get this excited for a big winning season or a win in a bowl game but not for a team with the caliber of SMU. We should be expected to win this game and if we do act nonchalant about it. Trust me, I agree a loss would be a big blow, but beating SMU isn't that big of an accomplishment.

I'm still surprised that some of you picked a win over SMU than the defending national champions. Maybe I'm just missing something.

When was the last time SMU went to a bowl game? When was the last time SMU had a winning season?

They've had 3 winning seasons in the past 20 years.

I'm still surprised that some of you picked a win over SMU than the defending national champions. Maybe I'm just missing something.

And this is EXACTLY why losing to them would be a leap backwards. They were a perennial doormat in the WAC and now desperately trying to climb up in CUSA.

NT loyalists just want respect in the college sports world. That can only start by winning games in your own backyard. Losing this game would put NT football well below high school football in terms of popularity in the North Texas area.

Of course beating Texas would do wonders. Seriously, how realistic is that?

Its a perfect confluence of grammar, sentence structure, and thought - in other words - exhibit A for why people can make a case for calling this the idiot board.

Some SMU guy is going to have a field day resposting that on their board and just ripping it line by line.

Watch out or he'll learn you a thing or two.

They've had 3 winning seasons in the past 20 years. I understand the history and the need to beat them, but seriously, its not like this win gives us a birth into the rose bowl. I'd get this excited for a big winning season or a win in a bowl game but not for a team with the caliber of SMU. We should be expected to win this game and if we do act nonchalant about it. Trust me, I agree a loss would be a big blow, but beating SMU isn't that big of an accomplishment.

---You have misseed a lot, '07. There are have been years of efforts by them to keep us from getting the recognition we deserve. They are largely responsible for us not being admitted to two conferences [ SWC and CUSA] which could have changed our history and status in the athletic community, especially the SWC one. Constantly their adminisstration and others have made statements printed in the DMN and other media that they have the best "whatever program" in the area when they know otherwise and often just stated a program that we have excelled in for years.

---In short you have missed years of disrepect and efforts to "keep us in our place" and to keep us from distracting attention from their self perceived "prima donna elite" status . On the other hand UT was one that was pushing for our admission to the SWC and as a school has not been harmful to us.

---With SMU, it is a personal issue, with UT it would be nice to get the additional attention that would come with defeating a National Champion, but it isn't anything really personal about it.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I think the SMU game is important and I'm excited about the game but I think we are blowing the game out of proportion.

I'm actually more interested in exacting some revenge on Tulsa after last years ass kicking at our place. That was just embarrasing. If we have any pride, we'll go up there looking to return the favor.

In my eyes going up to Tulsa and beating the CUSA champion would do quite a bit more in the eyes of the media than a win over an improved but still mediocre SMU.

And this is EXACTLY why losing to them would be a leap backwards. They were a  perennial doormat in the WAC and now desperately trying to climb up in CUSA.

NT loyalists just want respect in the college sports world. That can only start by winning games in your own backyard.  Losing this game would put NT football well below high school football in terms of popularity in the North Texas area.

Of course beating Texas would do wonders. Seriously, how realistic is that?

I don't get this leap backwards thing. Is losing to SMU worse than losing to FAU? No.

It would be sweet to beat them but to be honest losing to them would only keep us where we are after last year - the bottom 10. Winning the belt can get us back to the top of the bottom 30. SMU last year was above both. We have a lot to gain with this game but nothing to lose except the pride of the SMU conspiracy theorists/class warfare advocates. I'd say it would hurt recruiting but since when have we recruited the metroplex?

I hope we pound them but good lord - this isn't like Fresno, La Tech, or New Mexico losing to them. I am optimistic about next season but lets remember how low are starting point is so we can appreciate how much we climb next year (hopefully.)

I don't get this leap backwards thing. Is losing to SMU worse than losing to FAU? No.

I know you'll find some way to rebutt this but think of it this way:

What's the worst situation for Florida St.:

A. Losing to Michigan

B. Losing to Florida

c. Losing a fan who proudly goes by the name of Lorenzo Booker + Orgasm =Bookerasm

I can give you a hint. I guaran-damn-tee you, it ain't C. biggrin.giftongue.gif

It would be sweet to beat them but to be honest losing to them would only keep us where we are after last year - the bottom 10. Winning the belt can get us back to the top of the bottom 30. SMU last year was above both. We have a lot to gain with this game but nothing to lose except the pride of the SMU conspiracy theorists/class warfare advocates. I'd say it would hurt recruiting but since when have we recruited the metroplex?

I hope we pound them but good lord - this isn't like Fresno, La Tech, or New Mexico losing to them. I am optimistic about next season but lets remember how low are starting point is so we can appreciate how much we climb next year (hopefully.)

That's a pretty good post. However, I personally love all the attitude swirling around this game. To be perfectly honest, I don't care if we are playing Northeast Maine Technical State College (hmmm.......) as long as people are getting up for the game. I even have commitments from a few alums at work who don't care anything about North Texas to come to see us take on SMU. Excitement is what makes College Football special.

I'm not too terribly interested in making this a class warfare game, either(though "The Proletarian Revolution" might be a good name for the rivalry game once it gets going).

I know you'll  find some way to rebutt this but think of it this way:

A. Losing to Michigan

B. Losing to Florida

c. Losing a fan who proudly goes by the name of Lorenzo Booker + Orgasm =Bookerasm

I can give you a hint. I guaran-damn-tee you, it ain't C.  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

Uhh...what's that have to do with the price of tea in China?

And who are we supposed to be in your analogy; Florida State, Michigan or Florida?? I'm not sure we have anything in common with any of them, even as it relates to the SMU game.

Why not compare our game against SMU to the Michigan-Ohio State game or Texas-OU or OU-Ok. St or UT-A&M. I'll tell you why?? Because those are all established rivalries between two schools that play each other EVERY year. It takes a long time and a lot of commitment from both parties to build a rivalry. While I REALLY want to beat SMU this year, I would be ecstatic if we just lose two games this season...even if one of those two is to SMU.

I know you'll  find some way to rebutt this but think of it this way:

A. Losing to Michigan

B. Losing to Florida

I can give you a hint. I guaran-damn-tee you, it ain't C.  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif

If you equate us to Florida State and SMU to Florida, I have no rebuttle.

Although on a side note - A&M beat Texas a lot in the 90's - I think Texas is still feeling the side effects of those debacles.

---You have misseed a lot, '07.

---In short you have missed years of disrepect and efforts to "keep us in our place" and to keep us from  distracting attention from their self perceived  "prima donna  elite"  status .  On the other hand UT was one that was pushing for our admission to the SWC and as a school has not been harmful to us.

I think you guys are missing my point. I would love to kick the living hell out of them, I hope the final score is 54-0 and I'm drunk enough to make an ass out of myself by yelling something along the lines of 'daddys money can't but you a win' to all the SMU alumni walking back to their bmw's. laugh.gif

It's fun to exagerate stereotypes but lets not get ahead of ourselves. A win against them isn't going to be that huge. It's a game we need to win and should win.

If you equate us to Florida State and SMU to Florida, I have no rebuttle.

Although on a side note - A&M beat Texas a lot in the 90's - I think Texas is still feeling the side effects of those debacles.

Ha Ha!

The mighty Quoner admits defeat!!!!!

(just kidding man tongue.gif )

For gangrene,

Everyone knows these two schools are established, in a completely different league than NT, blah, blah, blah, etc. Look past that and you'll understand my point.

Winning the belt can get us back to the top of the bottom 30. SMU last year was above both. We have a lot to gain with this game but nothing to lose except the pride of the SMU conspiracy theorists/class warfare advocates. I'd say it would hurt recruiting but since when have we recruited the metroplex?

ding ding ding

too bad "The Voice of Reason" is already taken, you could make a strong case in support of bearing said handle.

Yeah you are missing something--A REALITY CHECK. The first think I would do after an improbable win over UT is BUY SOME ICE SKATES FOR HELL WILL HAVE FROZEN OVER AND IT'S BOUND TO DO THE SAME UP HERE.

how bout learning how to catch a football, which you couldnt do during the GMG game...

If you learn to spell and make coherent, non-rambling sentences, I'll toss the football with him every night for an hour. Deal?

If you learn to spell and make coherent, non-rambling sentences, I'll toss the football with him every night for an hour. Deal?

If you like helping people out that much with grammar errors, especially on message boards. You should really consider applying for that open position at the writing lab on campus. You can help people with their mistakes or those who can ask for your assistance on writing papers or essays. Basically putting those grammar police skills to good use and not to waste it on message boards.

You can even put me down as a reference when you apply for the job....considering that i have learned so much from "The Quoner" cool.gif

Edited by UNT_playmaker

If you like helping people out that much with grammar errors, especially on message boards. You should really consider applying for that open position at the writing lab on campus. You can help people with their mistakes or those who can ask for your assistance on writing papers or essays. Basically putting those grammar police skills to good use and not to waste on especially on message boards.

You can even put me down as a reference when you apply for the job....considering that i have learned so much from "The Quoner"  cool.gif

I laughed really hard as I watched you struggle for 34 minutes to post this - and you did an excellent job. I think we can all learn from this. However, you still didn't quite get it. Your first two sentences should be one sentence, with the comma coming into play. I am amazed because usually you are all over the comma. At the end of the first paragraph I had some trouble following as well - "not to waste on especially on" - but once again, getting better. If you ever want my help feel free to PM me any posts you want me to preview - I'm happy to help tongue.gif My posts are never perfect but I do have writing experience. I'd love to look into that job if you have a link handy.

No one wants grammar police - unless the word loose is involved - but your posts don't even pass the 14 year old girl IM after midnight test (which I invented.) I'm glad you learned from me, though. I am here to teach.

Also, when I list you as a reference, should I list you as Playmaker or Certified Cliche Comeback Guy? (the CCCG license is very hard to get by the way, congrats!) I want to make sure I get it right.

Now let's go beat SMU. You in?

34 minutes, wow, impressed that you were able to figure out that i had multiple windows opened up. In which I was checking my email, chatting with a friend on AIM, and also the big one, reading a story on espn.com.

But hey i guess we all dont have the advantage to sit in front of a computer and keep tabs on others, especially on a friday night.

SMU, yeah i'm in, already have plans to camp it out the night before

oh yeah, heres the website http://www.unt.edu/writinglab/

34 minutes, wow, impressed that you were able to figure out that i had multiple windows opened up. In which I was checking my email, chatting with a friend on AIM, and also the big one, reading a story on espn.com.

But hey i guess we all dont have the advantage to sit in front of a computer and keep tabs on others, especially on a friday night.

SMU, yeah i'm in, already have plans to camp it out the night before

oh yeah, heres the website http://www.unt.edu/writinglab/

user posted image