MT (muts for you UNT fans) gets Georgia Tech

Congratulations to the MUTS for a nice piece of scheduling. The new AD seems to be determined to get them on the right track financially.

We can only hope to be able to bring that kind of draw to Denton when we have a new facility. To borrow Plumm's mantra, "Build It! Now!! Friggin' YESTERDAY!!!". Well, that's not exactly how Plumm says it but I think it captures his sentiments.

We will never know the sum total of what dear ol' venerable Fouts Field has cost our school in possible conference affiliations the last 30 or so years. I think the Baylor locker room "black out" or power out was the straw that may have broken the camel's back as far are our effectively scheduling anymore Big Boys anytime soon. I think that kind of news seems to get out among those in the NCAA D1-A network would be this novice's guess.

Fouts Field has improved remarkably, but (after all) didn't it have nowhere to go but up in the improvement department? wink.gif Still it is a better venue for our fans with all the new cosmetics, but those still have not improved it to the extent as to impress the kind of schools we all still want to come see tee it up with the Mean Green.

Middle Tennessee has a nice functional college football stadium (w/o a track inside) built in the way Fouts should have been in the early 1950's, but we just simply dropped the ball on that one. Not sure why a track was ever installed so far away from the east and west stands. Any of you older nestors have an explanation on that? unsure.gif

First time it ran across my mind that NT might need a new football stadium? How about after the very first game I attended at Fouts as an NTSU student back in September of 1973. ohmy.gif I'm sure for many fellow alums it was well before that.

Many of us believed had Texas Stadium not been such a temptation for our school to use with the "big time" thinkin' Hayden Fry at the helm, that he would have totally focussed all his effort$ on getting a new football stadium at UNT and with all the DFW tie$ that man had back in the day(?) {and still does BTW}........oh well. sad.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen